Are women self-defense classes pointless?

Better yet, yell at a certain pitch reminiscent of a mother yelling your name from downstairs when she found out you did bad shit or hasn't done your chores. That tone makes you flinch and makes your stomach churn. That's Bene Gesserit-level shit right there.

Not to mention less aversion to violence.

Well, I have to kinda agree, cuz they should have aborted before they were birthed certain males who believe certain things about life and the world...

Relevant username.

Always new accounts that are long winded and useless. You'll do fine around here.

They can do more harm than good I think. If you think you have no self defence skills you'll either run or submit completely and it will probably end up not as bad for you. If you have some knowledge you may try to stand and fight and most probably get fucked up.

A single class is maybe enough to talk about common sense strategies to avoid violent situations, and maybe learn a grip break or something, but that’s about it.

Most of the time it seems like the ‘experts’ teaching these things know jack shit about realistic fighting systems though, and are filling soccer moms’ heads with useless garbage that will get them beaten up or worse in a real situation.
The best classes I’ve seen use this approach. The bulk of the time is about mindset and avoidance strategies.

Back