Are women self-defense classes pointless?

I taught my little sisters to eye gouge, and to do it hard enough to break their fingers, because they won't break their fingers, and it will win the fight, provided they aren't a legitimate tough guy male.

Severe eye poke is everybody's weakness.

High percentage, high damage moves and the fundamentals of defense. That's what it should be.

The best self defense for a woman (or anyone really) is a Taser or pepper spray.

Aww. You'll make me blush!:D

Doesn't matter. It's hidden inside your great helmet anyway...

The best self defense for a woman (or anyone really) is a Taser or pepper spray.

I have to respectfully disagree. The best self defense for women is gunning and running (or vice-versa). It works against wankers to dogs up to the zombie apocalypse. If military infantrymen swear by it, why would it be bad? The big problem is that it works in a set: if you can only gun but not run, you're toast. If you can only run, there will be a time when running alone can't cut it.

I'm 6, 2" and 230, with a face like three miles of bad road. I'm well aware of the effect I have on women who don't know me, so I try to make sure I give them as much space as possible. And that's during the day, never mind after dark.

So after dark is when you get them?

A major organization that has international offices used to offer self defense classes to employees about to move.

After a few years, they audited the class and saw that statistically speaking, people who took the class were more likely to get mugged.

They concluded that people who took the one weekend course had an unrealistic belief in their ability to fend off a mugger. So, rather than get away, they stayed and got mugged.

They stopped teaching the class.

Years ago, I was talking to a parent of one of my students.

He worked for a big oil company and spent most of his adult life living and working in different countries as they explored for oil.

He has been mugged a handful of times. So, his solution was simple:

Carry two wallets.

One is your real,wallet.

The other is a fake wallet filled with a couple of one dollar bills and business cards.

If mugged, hand over the fake one.

I dont think its useless. Teach a woman an upward elbow to the nose. That could save their life if attacked in close quarters.

I dont think its useless. Teach a woman an upward elbow to the nose. That could save their life if attacked in close quarters.

Afterwards, what? Self-defense is a process. So what happens afterwards? Is the client capable enough for the 'afterwards?' If not, what then?

Afterwards, what? Self-defense is a process. So what happens afterwards? Is the client capable enough for the 'afterwards?' If not, what then?
It could buy her time to run. Im not saying the classes are 100 pct,but if she has weapons like that to defend herself,its not worthless either

back in my youth i looked after a guy who raped and murdered a woman who was a judo black belt.

lmao shut up.
I know so many female purple belts, nay, bluebelts that would beat the living fuck out of you with no ball-squeezing or biting.
You karate nerds are such losers. Squeeze my balls while i have your back, please, then i will literally kill you.

<GSPWoah>

BJJ nerds are so delusional.

I said her mom was a bitch.

Is she?
High-Def_Digest_www.highdefdigest_.com_Blu-ray_Review_Road_House_2016_Shout_Select_Patrick_Swayze_3_.jpg

Yes, imo. I trained BJJ for 5 years in my teens and that DID help, but it took a long time for me to feel skilled enough to use it when needed. I can't imagine how a single day course would be useful at all.

A man's life is literally dedicated to providing women with peace of mind. If women think they're safer because of a Rex Kwon Do class then so be it(not the poster he's a borderline homosexual).

What an odd thing to think about too. Like the only way to find out for sure would be to wait outside a class and just start swinging as soon as it's dismissed.

Ronda could handle at least three guys at once.

One in front, one in back and one underneath.

the only way it makes sense is if they focus on hitting dudes in the nuts.

Back