Are u more interested for Shevchenko/Maia or Nunes/Anderson?

Nunes all the way! Best woman fighter ever and usually gets a finish.

Lioness and Bullet will absolutely tear them apart Lisa.

These women should have a DC vs Stipe Trilogy and be done with it, theres no one remotely close to them and they are getting better and better.

Neither fight ia interesting from a competitive poont of view... Nunes vs Anderson could deliver some good old ultraviolence though, while the other fight might turn into a 50-45 sparring session.

I think it has all been said already :)

I'm in the camp that the potential for JBG quality finish in Nunes/Anderso beats the somewhat bigger competitive potential in Val/Maia. I'm more "interested" to see how (mostly in which way) the latter plays out, but more stoked about the concept of Nunes murdering poor Anderson...

Not that im thinking either challenger has exactly a chance, but at least Anderson is sort of well known.

Nunes vs Shev III

Hope after this two fights it's clear that neither woman has much to do but to fight the other.

Schevchenko/Maia because at least it's an interesting match-up stylistically. Striker vs durable grappler.

Btw how come it took so long for Maia to get into the UFC and even into Invicta? Is it because of her built? Would it have been THAT hard for her to drop to 115 lbs?

EDIT: Looking at some pictures of her (Maia) that seems to be the case. She would've been waaay too small for bantamweight (even smaller than Valentina was) and she's quite sturdy so I don't think she could've dropped to strawweight.

Last edited:
Schevchenko/Maia because at least it's an interesting match-up stylistically. Striker vs durable grappler.

Btw how come it took so long for Maia to get into the UFC and even into Invicta? Is it because of her built? Would it have been THAT hard for her to drop to 115 lbs?

EDIT: Looking at some pictures of her (Maia) that seems to be the case. She would've been waaay too small for bantamweight (even smaller than Valentina was) and she's quite sturdy so I don't think she could've dropped to strawweight.

She was given an earlier opportunity but it was fairly short notice and she turned it down. I would expect that Dana did his normal pout like a small child and made her sit in Invicta for a while after that but who knows?

Regardless of the outcome, it is more likely that Nunes vs Anderson will be a better fight. Valentina Bullet is a point fighter until the opponent shows her something different.

She was given an earlier opportunity but it was fairly short notice and she turned it down. I would expect that Dana did his normal pout like a small child and made her sit in Invicta for a while after that but who knows?

Still...she's the same age as Valentina and has been fighting professionally since December 2009.

Nunes/Anderson easily. Both are squash matches but at least Nunes fight will be funny.

Shevchenko's FLW rein is pretty dreadful. Only a single fight at FLW for her has been interesting, everything else is rubbish.

Still...she's the same age as Valentina and has been fighting professionally since December 2009.

Yeah, but professionalism is not exactly Uncle Dana's middle name. Admittedly, this is speculation following her turning down a fight, so, well, I would say "don't quote me" but you already did.
:)

Just wondering.

Everybody knows Shevchenko and Nunes, they're the very very best in WMMA.

-Maia is unkown, not even myself know too much about her, she's from the 125 division that is pretty much a new division. But Maia has +20 professional fights..

-Anderson is more popular, people know her because she's tall and for what I've read some people find her sexy lol but yeah she's a big girl, she's the biggest girl in the UFC roster. But she's been fighting cans her whole career, the only exception is her fight with Holm but she got beat up anyways.

Nunes and Shevchenko are gonna be some heavy favorites, I wonder who is gonna be the biggest underdog? Maia or Anderson?

Anyways what fight do you want to see the most between those two?
I admit I also don't know much about Maia.

I'm much more interested in Nunes vs Anderson. Nunes is an exciting finisher with big power. Anderson is a big striker with power. It's a more exciting fight, that's more likely to see a finish. Also, Megan is a more entertaining personality. Finally, Megan beating Nunes would be a huge deal for WMMA. Megan has star potential. Valentina, while a reputable fighter, isn't a star, and a loss for her wouldn't impact MMA much.

Your description of Megan is somewhat inaccurate. Megan was beating Holly up on the feet. But then got taken down, where she looked awful. Megan's record isn't full of wins over great names, but then not many WMMA records are. So I think you're being harsh there. Her record is decent by WMMA standards.

Regarding the odds, Jennifer Maia is a much bigger underdog than Megan Anderson. Megan is more favored to win, according to bookmakers. Shevchenko/Maia is -1250/+900, which translates to 90/10 in favor of Shevchenko. Nunes/Anderson is -588/+400, which translates to 81/19 in favor of Nunes. Both champs are big favorites, but Shevhchenko moreso.

Back