Are study drugs ever a good option?

Tentacle

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Im sitting here, 06:09 Central time working on my thesis. I have been working on it since 08.00 this morning. For the last weeks I have been sitting up working on it to about 06.00 and then take 2-4 hours sleep and then start writing again when I wake up and then maybe have to go to a seminar. When I get home I usually sleep between 17-19 and then get up and start writing again. This is really taking it's toll on me and it is clearly not healthy and i'm not really impressed by my performance because im tired/losses mental focus. Ive tried to sleep 5 hours straight instead of sleeping two times a day but it does not make me less tired. Fortunately I only have to do this for a few weeks(or less if im studying for some exam or doing a smaller paper). I wonder if it would be possible/wise/etc to use some kind of drugs/medication to stay active during these days without facing to many negative consquences on my physical and mental well being.

i imagine your body would get accustomed to using them, then you're screwed. that's why i don't f'ck with sh't that'll supposedly give me longer lasting erections.

Im sitting here, 06:09 Central time working on my thesis. I have been working on it since 08.00 this morning. For the last weeks I have been sitting up working on it to about 06.00 and then take 2-4 hours sleep and then start writing again when I wake up and then maybe have to go to a seminar. When I get home I usually sleep between 17-19 and then get up and start writing again. This is really taking it's toll on me and it is clearly not healthy and i'm not really impressed by my performance because im tired/losses mental focus. Ive tried to sleep 5 hours straight instead of sleeping two times a day but it does not make me less tired. Fortunately I only have to do this for a few weeks(or less if im studying for some exam or doing a smaller paper). I wonder if it would be possible/wise/etc to use some kind of drugs/medication to stay active during these days without facing to many negative consquences on my physical and mental well being.

If your going to medicate to stay up then make sure you evaluate your work in a sober state with good sleep and several days removed from the drug. I would not want to present a thesis all cracked out on those type of meds.

i imagine your body would get accustomed to using them, then you're screwed. that's why i don't f'ck with sh't that'll supposedly give me longer lasting erections.

Would I get accustomed/hooked? I would perhaps only use them for 1-3 weeks and not every day. I guess it also depends on which drugs I would be using, I guess that most ppl use ADD-medicin and possible narcolepsia-drugs(?).

It is said that a few people at my uni, mainly medicin students and law students, are using it. I have never really met someone who have said so to my face.

Would I get accustined/hooked? I would perhaps only use them for 1-3 weeks and not every day. I guess it also depends on which drugs I would be using, I guess that most ppl use ADD-medicin and possible narcolepsia-drugs(?).

It is said that a few people at my uni, mainly medicin students and law students, are using it I have never really met someone who have said so to my face.

just be prepared for some serious side-effects, and after-effects once you're off of them and your body is trying to go back to "normal".

Using speed, legal or illegal, to make enforced sleep deprivation more tolerable will work but at a price.

You'll probably be far more productive with six hours of sleep than two two hour naps.

Frankly the schedule you've invented is retarded and could easily hurt the quality of your work in a fashion that overwhelms any temporal benefits it might provide.

rest.

just send me your thesis, and i'll finish it. i'll thesis the shit out of it. trust me on this one...it's me.

Are drugs ever a good option?

trying-to-concentrate-o.gif

Don't do it.. Cause if it works out then eventually you'll find yourself dependent on them.. Then it's all bad from there..

Mike Goldberg HOMEY!!

HAHA I was going to call you a dick for posting that but its produced some lulz, Having not read the op i feel its safe if we just blame it on alpha brain. Life style company my ass:p jokes aside getting hooked to prescription drugs can be just as bad as illegal.

I urge to please consult with your doctor if not a couple. Better safe then sorry. I've seen enough people get fucked up off "medicinal drugs". By all means find the right choice and if you do try something and are not comfortable with it it will be worth your wild in the end to find something with the most benefit and the least repercussion. blah blah blah just because he/she is a doctor doesnt mean shit if he's getting payed by pharmaceuticals. pleas feel free to prove me wrong but thats how i see it,

Back