Are fighters like McGregor a dying breed?

own1997

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Genuine question.

After RDA pulled out, McGregor is still penned in to fight. McGregor can be over-the-top and come across as rather narcissistic but I feel from this current situation, you can't help but respect his true fighting spirit. He has nothing to gain by fighting on 196 and has everything to lose yet, unlike 99% of the roster, he will always show up and fight regardless. MMA has gone away from warriors that will fight to more and more strategic pull-outs and boring point-fighting.

Everyone would show up, besides Jones. Conor fans hate Cerrone but Cerrone does this shit all the time.

Also, why did Conor turn out Khabib? dying breed indeed

Everyone would show up, besides Jones. Conor fans hate Cerrone but Cerrone does this shit all the time.

No, not everybody would show up. How many people would fight knowing there was everything to lose and nothing to gain? Werdum certainly didn't.

Cowboy is one of the few that will actually fight regardless and props to him. He doesn't court nearly the same amount of hate that McGregor does and the stakes are not nearly the same.

Where exactly is your evidence that McGregor turned down the fight? You have none but you will choose to believe what you want to believe.

right here^

bullshit thread

No, not everybody would show up. How many people would fight knowing there was everything to lose and nothing to gain? Werdum certainly didn't.

Cowboy is one of the few that will actually fight regardless and props to him. He doesn't court nearly the same amount of hate that McGregor does and the stakes are not nearly the same.

Where exactly is your evidence that McGregor turned down the fight? You have none but you will choose to believe what you want to believe.

Kevin Iole (@KevinI)
1 hour ago - View on Twitter
Told that @TeamKhabib offered to replace @RdosAnjosMMA and @UFC said no. Going to update my post.

I am afraid so. He and cowboy are the last who are young and active.

I miss BJ penn, Chuck liddell, ubereem, ect

people hate McGregor and will continue to regardless of fights, fight outcomes or anything else

Where exactly is the name 'McGregor' mentioned?

And brilliant response.
Sorry I don't have a personal interview with Conor himself explaining why he ducked khabib

even that wouldn't convince you

people hate McGregor and will continue to regardless of fights, fight outcomes or anything else

This is basically it.

After he's gone, we'll simply see UFC go downhill and hit haters talk about him in fondness.

Sorry I don't have a personal interview with Conor himself explaining why he ducked khabib

No, you don't have any evidence to suggest that Conor said no. You made the point and you can't back it up. Could it not be that UFC already promised the fight to someone else?

You will choose to believe what fits your narrative but fighters like McGregor, that always fight and back up their words, are a dying breed.

This is basically it.

After he's gone, we'll simply see UFC go downhill and hit haters talk about him in fondness.

was just about to write this before I saw your post.

people will miss him when he's gone.

The conspiracies are starting already. Some posters logic:

"he's ducking Nurmagomedov"

If the fight was made:

"he's fighting him 'cos he knows he's being out for so long and it's his best chance to beat him"

Always hilarious reading.

Salt_mine_0096.jpg

Kevin Iole (@KevinI)
1 hour ago - View on Twitter
Told that @TeamKhabib offered to replace @RdosAnjosMMA and @UFC said no. Going to update my post.

That's a bit of a stretch. It's a HUGE stretch. Everyone is offering to take that fight. Most people are going to get a no. Conor hasn't commented on any of it yet.

Chances are they refused Khabib because they are looking for someone active and in the current top ten. Someone that casuals are at least aware of.

For the record, I think if Khabib comes back as 90% of the fighter he was he's still the best LW in the world, but I don't think that's why the UFC turned him away.

Back