Are Americans dominating the current era in MMA? Who is next?

Lando was born in Neptune, NJ which is almost America so I'd say 'yes'.

Background (SKIP BELOW IF NECESSARY)

Brazilian influence was strong at first...sweeping through Pride and deadlocking with the Japanese. IMO the Japanese got overrun overall.
Strikeforce was teeming with Brazilians.
They even took Fedor Emelianenko's head with a win from Werdum. Werdum would go on to run through 4 UFC opponents and snatch the HW title. Shortly before this, Barao rose up in Champ Dominick Cruz' absence to hold the BW title, Aldo was FW Champ, and a year later Rafael dos Anjos got the LW belt. Over in Bellator, Patricio Freire became FW Champ. But even before all of this, Mauricio Rua lost the LHW belt to Jon Jones....this was probably the first of many falls to come.

Today

Does the U.S. dominate the landscape of MMA in general today, if not the UFC as well? And are we likely to see anybody effectively challenge the status quo? Mexico? Russia? Brazil once again?
Ireland maybe?, lol...
But nobody is really American unless youre native ???

So are Europeans Africans and Asians that settled in America running things then yes yes you are right

Half the Americans running shit come from immigrant parents

Stipe champ parents Croatian
205 Cormier more than likely African
185 bisbing English
170 woodley African
155 Conor Irish
145 Conor Irish Aldo Brazil
135 Cruz Spanish Latin decent
125 mm African

I don't see any native Americans here

You aren't welcome here boy. Go back to can of duh.
You mean Canada the best country in world ? Loved by everyone hated by no one.

The country that Americans are trying to get into at the moment.

Trump bless asshole

Americans have always dominated MMA

1280px-UFC-Champs.PNG

Because you have to use a similar sample size. Europe is made up of small countries. Wouldn't really be fair to compare Iceland to Brazil when Brazil has 600 times the population.

No... That's not how it works...

Countries come in all shapes and sizes...

You can't pick and choose your criteria to favor your numbers.

It's country versus country not country versus continent

Some will have advantages and disadvantages over others based on population, size etc...

Btw there are 50 countries in Europe, not 28.

I am aware, I was referencing the European Union since not all European countries stick together.

Regardless 1 country (USA) beats all 50 (Europe)!

giphy.gif

As a canadian, anything americans want to dominate, they will dominate.

once they start putting resources into something, it just a matter of time.
Great place too.

These are just the facts and sports fans from other nations get really salty. 320 million people from multiple ethnicities and a 17 trillion GDP with sports hungry fans means no other nation can compete. Historically USSR was the biggest competitor but they didn't have as diverse of a population of athletes to pull from. U.S. has 40 million blacks and a host of other ethnicities and races to pull from allows to cover for the most sports overall.

i couldn't even imagine how many World Cups the U.S. would win if soccer was the biggest sport in America. The U.S. qualifies without even trying or having a talent pool to pull from since soccer is basically a sport most played in grade school.

These are just the facts and sports fans from other nations get really salty. 320 million people from multiple ethnicities and a 17 trillion GDP with sports hungry fans means no other nation can compete. Historically USSR was the biggest competitor but they didn't have as diverse of a population of athletes to pull from. U.S. has 40 million blacks and a host of other ethnicities and races to pull from allows to cover for the most sports overall.

i couldn't even imagine how many World Cups the U.S. would win if soccer was the biggest sport in America. The U.S. qualifies without even trying or having a talent pool to pull from since soccer is basically a sport most played in grade school.
haha Zero cups, Concacaf is weak, u think those NFL guys can play? if Soccer is the biggest sport in US?

So are Europeans Africans and Asians that settled in America running things then yes yes you are right

185 bisbing English
170 woodley African
155 Conor Irish
125 mm African

Hey quit derailing my thread Buster

185 bisbing English
170 woodley African
155 Conor Irish
125 mm African

This isnt about ostensible ethnicity you narb.

MMA cultures focus on general training methods, coaching, and skills of emphasis.

haha Zero cups, Concacaf is weak, u think those NFL guys can play? if Soccer is the biggest sport in US?
U have to remember. Men never really started playing soccer in the US until the 70s. It was a ladies sport for a bunch of years. Even today, men would rather play football, baseball, basketball and probably even hockey before soccer. And the us are still ranked in the top 30 against nations that eat, sleep and breathe soccer.

U have to remember. Men never really started playing soccer in the US until the 70s. It was a ladies sport for a bunch of years. Even today, men would rather play football, baseball, basketball and probably even hockey before soccer. And the us are still ranked in the top 30 against nations that eat, sleep and breathe soccer.
I know is a new sport there, most countries are weak and im saying for me USA people dont have the legs to play, the world can choose other sports too, Rugby Tennis etc

No... That's not how it works...

Countries come in all shapes and sizes...

You can't pick and choose your criteria to favor your numbers.

It's country versus country not country versus continent

Some will have advantages and disadvantages over others based on population, size etc...

I am aware, I was referencing the European Union since not all European countries stick together.

Regardless 1 country (USA) beats all 50 (Europe)!

giphy.gif

One country does not beat all of Europe.

Russia is in Europe.

One country does not beat all of Europe.

Russia is in Europe.

Okay let's settle this right now

FIGHT cultures are based on the general collective criteria including coaching, base fighting styles, etc.

I think Russia and Eastern bloc go together for the most part and Western Europe like the UK and Sweden are similar.

Remember there are many people of Avar and other Caucasian descent representing Russia.

Its not entirely out of the question to group the Western Europeans as an MMA EU and Russia alone...Australia with NZ and US alone...etc

Okay let's settle this right now

FIGHT cultures are based on the general collective criteria including coaching, base fighting styles, etc.

I think Russia and Eastern bloc go together for the most part and Western Europe like the UK and Sweden are similar.

Remember there are many people of Avar and other Caucasian descent representing Russia.

Its not entirely out of the question to group the Western Europeans as an MMA EU and Russia alone...Australia with NZ and US alone...etc

He said one country (the U.S.) beats all of the 50 European countries.

That is very likely not true.

You can subdivide however you like to fit a certain narrative, but Russia is part of Europe. Most of its population lives in European Russia. There are people of many descents, just like there are in the U.S., Canada, U.K., etc. If you're going to do that, there's no Native American champions. They are all descendants from Europe, Africa, South America, etc.

Europe is a fake ass continent anyway. Just a line on the map separates them from Asia.

He said one country (the U.S.) beats all of the 50 European countries.

That is very likely not true.

You can subdivide however you like to fit a certain narrative, but Russia is part of Europe. Most of its population lives in European Russia. There are people of many descents, just like there are in the U.S., Canada, U.K., etc. If you're going to do that, there's no Native American champions. They are all descendants from Europe, Africa, South America, etc.

Okay, what I meant by the Russian minorities example was they have a strong tradition in wrestling and Sambo. So they make Russia a wrestling powerhouse rivalling the US.

Western Europe seems weaker in every respect but boxing is more popular....American MMA is very hybrid...many fighters dont have strong bases and yet can be very effective with the right balance. If they have a base, its usually wrestling, not boxing.

My observations.

Back