Anyway to get out of av bets and still be respected in the morning?

no problem.

I'm a bit bummed though. I was hoping you'd say, "sure, whats the advice?"

And THEN I'D say, "No advice for you since you called me a hippy and a wigga."

buzz kill...

I take it back now that you're going through your emo phase.

I will bitch slap you so hard your nuts will finally drop.

773951670_efc8ba0ec1.jpg

Thanks bro. Perhaps I need to find a weight room partner on my bench days. I go into the weight room on my lunch breaks, and I'm often the only guy in the gym. Hence: no spotter.
Or maybe bench in a rack?

Yes, the rack is a good idea. You could also use DBs. Nothing wrong with doing different things. It is real hard to make big improvements without taxing yourself, though. You'll definetely hit 250 real fast if you dedicate 1-2 days a week for a few weeks to serious benching.

When I used to lift at work, I just told everyone there that they could lift with me if they wanted during lunch. Usually at least 1-2 days a week someone would be there when I was and I'd do workouts that require spots on those days.

Good Luck
icon14.gif

Seriously, I hope you'll help me with the boxing Misses.

awesome thread.

If you have avg to high tolerance to caffeine then:

-4 to 5mg per kg of caffeine
-(also you can use lower caffeine dosage and add 500-1000mg of chocamine...i got mine from bulknutrition.com)
-25mg ephedrine HCL
-325mg enteric coated aspirin
-250 to 500 mg magnesium(my personal preference ...i have had good results with it in my stack but others dont like it because it's a mild muscle relaxant)

Yes, the rack is a good idea. You could also use DBs. Nothing wrong with doing different things. It is real hard to make big improvements without taxing yourself, though. You'll definetely hit 250 real fast if you dedicate 1-2 days a week for a few weeks to serious benching.

When I used to lift at work, I just told everyone there that they could lift with me if they wanted during lunch. Usually at least 1-2 days a week someone would be there when I was and I'd do workouts that require spots on those days.

Good Luck
icon14.gif

Thanks again. I've got a guy at my work who might go work out with me. Never thought of inviting him along though, because I kind of use my lunch breaks to get away from my co-workers. Still, good idea.

awesome thread.

If you have avg to high tolerance to caffeine then:

-4 to 5mg per kg of caffeine
-(also you can use lower caffeine dosage and add 500-1000mg of chocamine...i got mine from bulknutrition.com)
-25mg ephedrine HCL
-325mg enteric coated aspirin
-250 to 500 mg magnesium(my personal preference ...i have had good results with it in my stack but others dont like it because it's a mild muscle relaxant)

I'll try the magnesium for sure.
Maybe I'll also try laying off the caffeine for several days before going for bench maxes.
Never heard of chocamine, I'll go research it...or can you tell me more about it?

I have no problem with you changing your av. As for the respect you desire...

respectoj0.jpg

Ironically it was Bubble Boy that upped the ante:

LOL!

Slight change of rules maybe? Since there's 3 of us, whoever gets to 250 first has CC immunity. HOWEVER, from that moment on the 2 who haven't benched get the CC av. Once 250 is reached, the av goes away. The last guy has to keep the av until he hits 250.
I'm an evil, EVIL genius.

Unlike flak I am not at peace. One month of C.C. DeVille is not that scary, but a possible life sentence?

Ok, ok. I'll just keep my beloved CC until I bench the 250.

*considers crying in Ian's corner*

When I first began focusing on bringing up my bench (which was probably around a 205 1rm at the time) I used the westside template and brought it up to about 240-245 in 3 weeks. The dynamic work helped a ton since I was having problems getting out of the bottom. That template + learning how to REALLY tighten up when you're benching helped a ton and my bench went up quickly from there.

Also, you can try an old trick that Thibaudeau recommends:

Pre-workout strategy 2: Before the first work set on the bench (after your 2-3 warm-up sets) place an icepack on your abdomen for 2-3 minutes. This will restrict blood flow to the heart (due to vasoconstriction) which will stimulate a panic response, releasing adrenalin and noradrenalin, potentiating your strength and power for the upcoming workout. (Yes, yes, it sounds weird, but it works!)

Back