Anyway to get out of av bets and still be respected in the morning?

I would say a sig saying how amazing Old Man, Flak and Stoney are would suffice, but that's just me. I think it's a fair option.

heheh thankyou for telling me that you hate your av. Makes my decision a lot easier come June 1.... You haven't forgotten have you?

Crap. The vertical jump. Jeebus I'm an idiot.

So I rushed off to the gym, mantra in my head. No more CC, no more cc, no more...rah rah shish kaboom kind of thinking.

I warmed up for about 20 minutes, stretching, 135 bench presses yada yada.
There was one other guy in the gym.
I put on 250.
"Dude, can I get a spot?"
"Sure..."
Unrack the weight.
SWOOSSSH.
250 sat on my chest...waiting for spotter to give me a hand.
Bar titters to right. I HEAR the weights starting to slide and chatter on that side.
Oh shit I'm going to dump this shit.
FINALLY the guy wakes up and helps me get the 250 off my chest.

How did I miss this thread?

LOL at "the alan sechs".

Bubble Boy, what about a race to 250?

Lol. Yeh I'll race you to 250 too, if you want. My max is 240 right now though and I pretty much have to hit it in the next 10 days on account of a cruise coming up. (though I guess I could bench 250 on the boat.. they probably only have shirley machines, though)

If you need some extra motivation, I'll do it for pride so you dont get stuck with another avatar or something.. or a 1 line sig.

*ponders while stroking chin*

A 250 race you say? Hmmmmmm.

How close are you anyways? if you're really close something as simple as a better rep scheme to warm up or even a devil's cocktail could help, then agin my bench progression is about as flat as it could be

I'm benching 185 for 3 reps, maybe 8 sets, at present. I'm not sure what my 1 rep max is right now. I've put up 225 before, but it's been a while.
I'm a wreck.

Honestly, my focus is on getting ready to fight in 2 months.

So what rep scheme would you recommend?
My personal devil's cocktail is psuedoepherdrine, aspirin, and coffee. Should I add something else o' Lord of Darkness?

I'm benching 185 for 3 reps, maybe 8 sets, at present. I'm not sure what my 1 rep max is right now. I've put up 225 before, but it's been a while.
I'm a wreck.

Honestly, my focus is on getting ready to fight in 2 months.

So what rep scheme would you recommend?
My personal devil's cocktail is psuedoepherdrine, aspirin, and coffee. Should I add something else o' Lord of Darkness?

Add more weight. If you are doing 185x3x8 there is no way 185 is anywhere near your 3 rep max.

I can see like 185x3x2 then 195x3x3 or something. If you only work at submaximal weight and don't tax yourself you wont go up.

Here's what I propose to the other guys in the race (Flak and Old Man have already hit the mark, me and Stoner are still wearing teh CC).
Stoner gave me the idea.
I can remove CC when I hit 250 OR when I win a fight (videoed). I'd like to ask if it can kind of be a scrimmage / smoker kind of fight? A real fight, but in the "dojo" setting against maybe someone from a local gym?
3 three minute rounds.
Would that be an acceptable option fellas?
Bench 250 or win a smoker, which ever comes first...

My bench sucks. Want some advice, Bubbles?

Add more weight. If you are doing 185x3x8 there is no way 185 is anywhere near your 3 rep max.

I can see like 185x3x2 then 195x3x3 or something. If you only work at submaximal weight and don't tax yourself you wont go up.

Thanks bro. Perhaps I need to find a weight room partner on my bench days. I go into the weight room on my lunch breaks, and I'm often the only guy in the gym. Hence: no spotter.
Or maybe bench in a rack?

My bench sucks. Want some advice, Bubbles?

You're going to be my boxing e-coach, how's that sound? Expect bag work videos soon. Try not to laugh too hard as you critique them.

You're going to be my boxing e-coach, how's that sound? Expect bag work videos soon. Try not to laugh too hard as you critique them.

no problem.

I'm a bit bummed though. I was hoping you'd say, "sure, whats the advice?"

And THEN I'D say, "No advice for you since you called me a hippy and a wigga."

buzz kill...

Back