Anyone who says Merab/O'Malley was boring is a jackass

It's not the type of fight you expect to go to a decision. That's the disappointing part for me. I was hoping for a clear-cut, definitive finish from one of them. I really wish Merab could do more with that much control especially against an opponent who's primarily a striker. Submission or GNP. We know he wasn't too tired.

It was a boring fight. Merab is impressive, but he took very few chances with improving position, submission attempts, and his GnP was very lackluster. He is content with just being a dominant position pressure fighter. O'Malley in turn provided no counter-offense. It was not a competitive or exciting fight.

I’m beginning to think the UFC is paying their street team to promote this narrative that it was competitive to sell a rematch.

Because the takes on here have been exceptionally bad lately. Merab is champ, that’s the truth.

Main event was boring and it’s silly to try to argue otherwise.

That being said, it was an amazing game plan from Merab. He didn’t spam takedowns, instead moving constantly and timing them very well, and O’Malley was completely outclassed in that category.

O’Malley is also to blame for a boring fight, but his patience could have also paid off, especially in round 5.

Boring can still be effective.

I’m beginning to think the UFC is paying their street team to promote this narrative that it was competitive to sell a rematch.

Because the takes on here have been exceptionally bad lately. Merab is champ, that’s the truth.
I don’t think Dana helping O’Malley save face is for a rematch. Instead, I think it’s to keep O’Malley marketable. They still have numerous big matchups that are winnable for him, and they could even have him move up to face toouria instead.

Then again, Dana might bank on merab losing to Umar or figgy, then maybe O’Malley is able to jump back in within a year

J
It was the embodiment of MMA. Striker vs. grappler, and both cream of the crop in their respective styles. Watching Sean search for shots and Merab search for TD opportunities was intriguing. Extremely high level stuff. Drama at the end too. If all you want is two guys swinging at each other, go watch BKFC.
no it wasn’t idiot. It was just one fight. Means NOTHING. Just one fight

Slightly under mid. One guy hugged and humped while the other did nothing.

To me it was the embodiment of "mid" - nothing spectacular or special just another good fight in the endless pantheon of good fights.

I don't think either guy had a "top" performance, the contrast of styles led to very few "cool" exchanges, you really wouldn't want to re-watch unless you are a fanboy of either fighter and you'd never show this to a casual to try and covert them into being a fan.

But to be fair round 5 was kind of cool, there were some sick reactive takedowns from Merab, and it was amusing to see Suga frustrated and gassed.

At least we got the best possible outcome though....imagine if Suga one-hit Merab early - it would be Mc/Aldo 2.0 and he'd be sitting out to try and jump weight-classes to fight Max/Illia.

sean had nothing to offer merab in that fight until like the last 2 minutes or when ever those body kicks landed.

fight was boring.

This was a one way traffic fight.

In order to enjoy a one way traffic fight: you have to be a huge fan of the winning fighter OR a huge hater of the losing fighter OR the one way traffic must be extremely violent that either ends in a finish or near a finish.

I think the fight style of the winning fighter has something to do with it, but if Merab had choked out Sean in the 5th, people would be praising Merab as a Terminator. I mean still impressive showing, but a finish would have elevated the fight.

Burns vs Brady was the embodiment of mma, a technical masterpiece. the people who thought that fight was boring, those are the low agency retards that have no understanding of the sport.

Merab vs Omally, was just a steaming pile of shit

It was a striker that was afraid to throw a strike vs a wrestler who just wanted to hold on for a decision and attempted zero submissions. Let's not act like it was Gaethje vs Oliveira or something. Nothing wrong with wanting to see action when watching a fight.

Burns vs Brady was the embodiment of mma, a technical masterpiece. the people who thought that fight was boring, those are the low agency retards that have no understanding of the sport.

Merab vs Omally, was just a steaming pile of shit
Agreed, people let their annoyance towards Belal effect them on that one. Belal can be boring as shit but he wasn't in that fight.

Back