Anyone See Lombard Getting A

joec87

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
A shot at the title after one more fight. With his performance the other night and him willing to call people out I could see it happening.

That scenario is totally reliant on how the field of Contenders plays itself out. If Bisping beats Vitor, then likely not. If Lombard dominates Munoz, i don't think that says much in the way of him getting the shot over Weidmam.

yeah. I don't think most people realize how much money the UFC put into him. They want it back. He'll get a shot soon if he wins.

really depends on the performances - you can gauge by the short term bump on sherdog in hype and over the top comments regarding lombard

compare his vs. the other contenders and throw in the value of bisping in britain and id say hes #2-4 in line -

wins by stoppagein the future will get him there but i dont see many sherdoggers thinking he can get silva

How about match him up with Rockhold when he comes over from Strikeforce, nice lil measuring stick for eachother.

ith Sonnen talking his way into a title shot after a loses I don't see why it couldn't happen.

For sure. They tried to hand him the title shot on a platter with the Boetch (sp?) fight

How about match him up with Rockhold when he comes over from Strikeforce, nice lil measuring stick for eachother.

I was thinking Jacare because I'm guessing Luke will get a title shot right away, but this fight would be LOADS of fun. I want it.

For sure.

UFC spent cash on Lombard.

Like Sonnen, and Vitor.. and Diaz, and even Rua/Lyoto/Penn/Randy... They pay these guys hundreds of thousands of dollars a fight, because they draw crowds and have a following. They're alot more likely to get a random title shot

I didnt ever watch alot of Bellator, dont really follow the minor orgs since UFC bought out strikeforce anymore. Guess they won, theres only one gig worth my time anymore, especially as busy as I am.

But Lombard looks really good. I think the Boetch fight was a fluke, maybe he really was hurt.

For sure. They tried to hand him the title shot on a platter with the Boetch (sp?) fight
I don't agree. Boetsch was coming off a TKO of Okami. I'm sure the UFC would have rather his debut been against Okami, and the UFC holds Okami in high regard.

Back