Anyone See Lombard Getting A

Doubt it will happen soon. He needs to string together a few more wins.

All depends on AS and how soon he wants to take his next title defense. I want to see him against Silva eventually; it would be a crazy fight.

In an ideal world...no. In the current mma world...yes.

Depends who he fights and how well he performs.

If he knocks out Bisping in the 1st round, expect him to get the title shot over Weidman.

I don't agree. Boetsch was coming off a TKO of Okami. I'm sure the UFC would have rather his debut been against Okami, and the UFC holds Okami in high regard.
Dude, Boetsch was getting owned in that fight. UFC expected, and wanted Lombard to win.

They built a whole shitty PPV around him. They didnt want Boetsch to ruin his winning streak and possible superfight with Silva.

That scenario is totally reliant on how the field of Contenders plays itself out. If Bisping beats Vitor, then likely not. If Lombard dominates Munoz, i don't think that says much in the way of him getting the shot over Weidmam.

Great call. MW is a mess right now, and nobody even knows what Anderson is planning to do with his remaining time in the UFC. The division has guys close to equal (rightly or wrongly) in terms of divisional standing, and the long-time #2 Sonnen is dabbling in LHW shenanigans again.

Wait until winners of Belfort/Bisping, Okami/Belcher are determined, Weidman has a return booked and he clashes with Boetsch, and then maaaaaaybe things will be more clear.

EDIT: forgot Rockhold too, now. He won't debut against Lombard though.

No way, a win against Palhares is nothing great. There is a few waiting for a fight with Andy. There is a few that has been waiting for a while. By the time Lombard gets his chance Andy's probably retired.

If he fights rockhold or weidman and totally dismisses them then he gets a shot. otherwise...no shot until after bisping gets koed

I'd buy the ppv depending on his next fight. If he pulls off the same shit, then hells yea!

If bisping loses to vitor and wiedman doesnt get the shot, definitely. Whatever happened to hendos shot?

If he wins his next couple of fights, why not? It doesn't look like there's anyone in the division who can beat Silva but at least there will be interest in this fight. I wanted to see this fight right away when Lombard came into the UFC anyway so maybe we still will.

Well, Sonnen and Diaz are currently getting title shots following losses, so I don't think I will ever say somebody is more than one win from a title shot as long as they have a recognizable name...

Considering the cash he's banking, I would not be surprised.

If, say, he gets Okami-Belcher winner, wins, and Bisping loses to Belfort, I could totally imagine it. Seems like it would fit with Anderson's schedule, aswell.

yeh why not? its not like he actually lost to tim boetsch only dumb asses agreed with that judging. with a top 10 opponent win it would be three in a row. i mean at this point in mma anyone is capable of getting a title shot. look at chael and cain. they don't deserve a title shot. but they got it anyways. too bad they are both gonna get there asses kicked.

With a high profile win for sure. The guy is hugely marketable. I'd love to see Lombard get the fight with Bisping he asked for but it sounds like he'll need bisping to lose to Vitor to get it.

Back