Anyone one else bored with MMA and move back to boxing?

ffjgfgfuytiu

White Belt
Reaction score
I've noticed, in about the past six months, I've kind of grown out of MMA. I'm sick of it.

NOT the actual sport, all the bullshit - I don't and never have given a fuck about TUF or the dumb high school drama that runs through the sport. (That's not to say boxing is some bastion of intelligence and class, its obviously not)

Starting like 5 years ago or so, I became a boxing fan, then a couple years later saw some MMA and became a big fan of that sport too. Now, I'm so sick of the "atmosphere" around MMA I'm done with it. Granted, over the past year I also built myself a small boxing gym in my basement so I became re-obssessed with watching boxing to help improve my training.

But in watching tons and tons of boxing again, I realized I just kind of got sick of MMA. I don't and never will care about the drama and BS with Dana/Koscheck/Sonnen/Rampage and whoever. I love the sport, its the most dynamic sport in the world, but when you read boxing websites, its about the sport, all MMA sites deal with equal parts drama bullshit and talking about actual fighting.

And the history of boxing! Man, there is some amazing, incredible history to the sport of boxing, just watch this video:

The best of all time A to Z: Burley

Also, on fight nights, I enjoy watching boxing more now than MMA. I can't stand listening to UFC or Strikeforce fights. Goldberg MUST TALK LOUDLY ABOUT EVERYTHING AND TALK AT ALL TIMES WITH NEVER MORE THAN A SPLIT SECOND OF SILENCE. And if you've ever listened to more than 1 second of a strikeforce show, you know how fucking horrible those dumbfucks are. I fucking hate those guys with a passion. I suggest watching the Diaz vs. Zarameckis fight with the audio off, its a totally badass MMA fight that is ruined by the fucking stupid and awful moronic commentary.

One of the things I like about boxing, is that the commentators actually shut up from time to time and actually just let the action play out. And if its boring or a fighter is being a douche they say so. Just listen to any fight called by Tony Atlas or Jim Lamprey or Max Kellerman. All can be dumbasses sure, but overall they're very good, and compared to goldberg, or gus johnson they're fucking gods gift to combat sports commentary.

Bored with ultimate fightin', not bored with MMA.
Never left boxing.

he's in one now, and so are you

was a boxing fan before mma. and i gotta say i am a little sick of mma. which is funny because i turned to mma because i got a little bored with boxing.
it's definitely the lay-n-pray thats starting to turn me away. if this is the future of the sport than i don't see boxing becoming a "dying" sport anytime soon.

I am actually bored with boxing.

I like MMA because the best fighters actually fight eachother. The HW division in SF doesn't count, as Scott Coker's an idiot.

I find both sports entertaining and watch both.

Kinda like I can watch hockey AND football - crazy huh ?

so what are you waiting for? gtfo and go to a boxing forum if u enjoy it so much u dumb fuck

You are in the boxing forum -- now who looks stupid ?

I bet you know him very well ..... lol

both have their share of bullshit, I'm sure you'll become pissed off/bored with boxing in a while.

I used to be more turned on about MMA before, now I got a little bit bored, I think that is normal, all the Wrestling and 5 rounds of 5 Minutes laying on the floor hugging each other is very boring, Bellator FC is like that all that lay&pray shit it is just boring, when do we get to see a guy punching another guy in the face or kicking him hard, all you se is wrist controll and dry humping.

I never left Boxing & Kickboxing I have been following these 3 sports equally.

I never left boxing, but I was a big mma fan for awhile. I got sick of all the over-saturation of UFC, and all other US mma organizations, as well as all the silly behavior of the fighters, and inconsistency of mma fighters. It just got old to me.

I used to watch mma for the newness and novelty factor, but after a while, all of the fights have become similar.....boxing is definitely stomping it out as far as i'm concerned, i hope mma survives but it's pretty unlikely

Man...

Fuck both of them, X-ARM is where it's at.

Grab a bowl of Doritos(the "Xtreme" kind) and witness the evolution of combat sports for yourself.

I love both sports...

I do watch more MMA...but nothing gets me more psyched, pumped up, like a boxing super fight (eg. Cotto vs. Pacman, Mayweather vs Mosley etc.)

Never left Boxing.

Big PPV's boxing shows are free in Mexico, all of the Floyd, Pac, Cotto, Marquez, etc etc are on Saturday and sometimes I find myself switching between UFC (which is also free) and Boxing, just last Saturday I had a channel showing the Zorrita Soto, Omar Chavez and Travieso Arce fights and other chanel showing the Idiotic fight of Mora vs Mosley but they had the Canelo fight too, and when you have UFC cards (not the case this last Saturday) with some old timers going at it or some drama queens that deliver a boring fight I do have to admit I just change it boxing.

But yeah it’s kind of getting boring all his UFC drama shit, we need counter MMA organizations as big as PRIDE in Japan and other in Brazil to take away all the bad shit UFC is showing us fans.

Back