Anyone ever try the treadmill workout?

almost got it today. those of u who dont make it all the way through do u stop? do u fall off? how do u quit?

almost got it today. those of u who dont make it all the way through do u stop? do u fall off? how do u quit?

i just knew there was no way i'd be able to run for another 5 minutes, especially at 10 mph, so when I hit the 25 minute mark, I slowed the treadmill down gradually to where i was lightly jogging and eventually walking to cool down.

I wanted to quit and made myself go 2 more minutes.

Just couldnt go any longer so i slowed it down and lightlyjogged then walked.

just completed it. I usually do the same routine everyday which consists of a 5 mile run at a 8.0-8.5mph pace, but switching speeds every 5 minutes made the run less monotonous. Instead of visualizing my run as another 36 minute block, i broke it down to 6, 5 minute goals. i will definitely add this to my routine.

peace

jump on the side by the belt, lest I be flug against a wall.

how far did you make it and where did you quit?

The first 10 minutes is a warmup for me: 5 minutes at level 5 (12 min/mile pace) + 5 minutes at level 6 (10 min/mile pace). It really doesn't get all that hard until level 9 (6:40 pace), and by then I'm well warmed up.

Same here. And more guys finished the run than they made it look like immediately. Dana talked about Alex Karalexis finishing it without a problem.

If anyone cares about the history of that treadmill program....it's a protocol Maurice Smith used to use back in the day when he was getting ready for a fight. He also used to train with Randy occassionally back then and that's where Randy got the program from. Randy brought it back to Team Quest and used it with the athletes there so Leben had already done it before the show. Mo has a great conditioning program that he's developed for himself over years of fighting, and it's won him more than just a couple of fights.

If anyone cares about the history of that treadmill program....it's a protocol Maurice Smith used to use back in the day when he was getting ready for a fight. He also used to train with Randy occassionally back then and that's where Randy got the program from. Randy brought it back to Team Quest and used it with the athletes there so Leben had already done it before the show. Mo has a great conditioning program that he's developed for himself over years of fighting, and it's won him more than just a couple of fights.

omg, lol, so leben trained for that beforehand, intresting!

I used to do treadmill running, but it was so tedious and boring. Now I run outside when it's nice, otherwise I go on the indoor track at my U's rec and do HIIT and suicides on the courts.

Back