Anyone ever try the treadmill workout?

rEdShawks

Brown Belt
Reaction score
First time i heard of it was TUF1, u go on a treadmill run 5 minutes on 5 miles an hour, 5 minutes on 6, 5 minutes on 7....... 5 minutes on 10 miles an hour
totalling 30 minutes and around 3.75 miles
anyone try it anyone finish it? the only fighter who finished it on tuf1 was chris leben, so makes me feel good that i did it

I finished it, it kicked my behind big time, was seeing stars when I finished!

oo going to have to give this a try. Just remembered it

I do a daily run thats just under 5 miles and I run it in under 32 minutes usually, but I guess its easier going at a constant pace rather than gradually building up. I'd like to get a treadmill and try some of these kinda things though I do all my running outdoors at the moment.

I finished it a couple weeks ago, but I trained pretty hard for a couple months first in order to be able to do it.

My next goal is to do it at a slight incline. Fun!

That sounds brutal......5 minutes at 10 MPH is no joke. For me, anyway....

The five mins. at 10 mph isn't all that bad in itself. What makes it bad is that you're doing it straight after doing five mins. at 9 mph, which is a 6:40 mile pace!

The five mins. at 10 mph isn't all that bad in itself. What makes it bad is that you're doing it straight after doing five mins. at 9 mph, which is a 6:40 mile pace!

Yea that's what I meant. I know that if I just got on a treadmill and set it at 10 MPH, I could do 5 minutes without that much difficulty.

But those 8 and 9 MPH spans beforehand would leave me with not much left for the 10, LOL

yeah i did up to 8mph for a firefighter training run, but i didnt do the 8.5-10 im sure 9, 9.5 and 10 would be pretty killer.

yeah i did up to 8mph for a firefighter training run, but i didnt do the 8.5-10 im sure 9, 9.5 and 10 would be pretty killer.

i think im read to try it, maybe try one with the 10 first and in decreasing order first, problem is i dont wana fall of the treadmill if im too stubborn and its too hard

i think im read to try it, maybe try one with the 10 first and in decreasing order first, problem is i dont wana fall of the treadmill if im too stubborn and its too hard

I was wondering if that would be better for me also (doing it in reverse order) as I am still not up to the level of cardio to do it the regular way.

im scraed im gona be too stuborn and not quit and end up flying off the treamill seriously hurting myself

Florian and Swick finished it too.

I've tried it a few times, the ten miles per hour is always my downfall.

I tried it this morning. I am 6'2" and have long legs so that helped me a little in the beginning (doing it backwards). I couldn't finish the full 5 minutes on 8 mph though. Have to keep working!

Are you warming up for this run? If so, at what speed/time are you warming up at? I only ask because I do better at this run if I warm up with a brisk walk instead of a jog.

Are you warming up for this run? If so, at what speed/time are you warming up at? I only ask because I do better at this run if I warm up with a brisk walk instead of a jog.

The first 10 minutes is a warmup for me: 5 minutes at level 5 (12 min/mile pace) + 5 minutes at level 6 (10 min/mile pace). It really doesn't get all that hard until level 9 (6:40 pace), and by then I'm well warmed up.

The first 10 minutes is a warmup for me: 5 minutes at level 5 (12 min/mile pace) + 5 minutes at level 6 (10 min/mile pace). It really doesn't get all that hard until level 9 (6:40 pace), and by then I'm well warmed up.

yeah same here, except level 8 does kinda get annoying

Back