Anyone ever try the treadmill workout?

I want to be able to do this you must have sick cardio to do this. Would the best training for this be doing all the same just say for 3 minutes each interval and build up?

This is a fantastic workout! I can only make it to the 9-MPH 25-minute point and I gas.

Seems like one of those things where its alot tougher than it sounds. Treadmill running is easier than regular running though, Its easier to 'keep going' with mindpower on a treadmill in my experience whereas on the road everything hurts and theres no conveyor belt under your feet making you keep going.

I might give it a try, but starting at like 3 min. intervals and working up.

I want to be able to do this you must have sick cardio to do this. Would the best training for this be doing all the same just say for 3 minutes each interval and build up?

Not sure it's the best training, but here's what I did:
I started at 5 minute intervals as prescribed, and just went as far as I could go. The first week, that meant only 1 minute at level 10. Then, I'd do the run once a week until I gradually worked up to the full 5 minutes at level 10. Throughout the week, I'd do 2-3 training runs, never longer than 30 minutes, but hard: hill repeats, intervals, tabatas, etc.

At some point early on, I decided to see if I could do 5 minutes at level 10 just starting fresh, without the buildup. I figured I'd never finish the run if I couldn't at least do that. Sure enough, the 5 minutes at level 10 isn't that bad. Knowing I could do it helped give me the drive to keep pushing.

Now I've started back at the beginning, working up to doing it at a 1% incline. So far, I can only get 2 minutes at level 10. (Amazing how much difference a little incline makes!)

I've just starting back working out after a four month recovery from two foot surgeries, and my goal is to slowly build up to being able to do this, something I couldn't do prior to surgery even. It seems like a tough challenge, regardless of treadmill running being easier or not. Right now it's tough to jog for 30 minutes at 4.5mph :p

Seems like one of those things where its alot tougher than it sounds. Treadmill running is easier than regular running though, Its easier to 'keep going' with mindpower on a treadmill in my experience whereas on the road everything hurts and theres no conveyor belt under your feet making you keep going.

i find it much easier to run a 3 mile sprint on the road then a treadmill

Not sure it's the best training, but here's what I did:
I started at 5 minute intervals as prescribed, and just went as far as I could go. The first week, that meant only 1 minute at level 10. Then, I'd do the run once a week until I gradually worked up to the full 5 minutes at level 10. Throughout the week, I'd do 2-3 training runs, never longer than 30 minutes, but hard: hill repeats, intervals, tabatas, etc.

At some point early on, I decided to see if I could do 5 minutes at level 10 just starting fresh, without the buildup. I figured I'd never finish the run if I couldn't at least do that. Sure enough, the 5 minutes at level 10 isn't that bad. Knowing I could do it helped give me the drive to keep pushing.

Now I've started back at the beginning, working up to doing it at a 1% incline. So far, I can only get 2 minutes at level 10. (Amazing how much difference a little incline makes!)

ill try out this routine

i dont think u can sprint 3 miles

by sprint i mean a quick run, that i run faster than a normal run, and that is exactly what a 3 mile "run" is for me, maybe it was not proper terminology, but i dont think of 3 miles as a jog or even a regular run

Thanks for that Nutflea i am not going have this as my sole conditioning training just want to be able to do it as it would mean you have sick cardio

I actually did this last week, it was brutal just trying.

I got to 2 minutes at 9mph, and I was sick, I don't see me finishing this anytime soon.

I just ran a half marathon so I took a couple weeks off afterwards.

My top amazing shape running weight is 185.

I weighed in today at 205 and I got up to 3 minutes of the 9.0 before falling victim

Im pretty confident that I could do this at my 185 weight as I tend to get stronger the longer I go.

I started back my hardcore running training *gonna do a full marathon next April* so I did 8 miles in 70 minutes and then did a circuit training brutal weightlifting routine later last night.

This is my new goal and something I am gonna work hard to be able to do.

Thanks to whoever posted this. I love to be challenged.

I just ran a half marathon so I took a couple weeks off afterwards.

My top amazing shape running weight is 185.

I weighed in today at 205 and I got up to 3 minutes of the 9.0 before falling victim

Im pretty confident that I could do this at my 185 weight as I tend to get stronger the longer I go.

I started back my hardcore running training *gonna do a full marathon next April* so I did 8 miles in 70 minutes and then did a circuit training brutal weightlifting routine later last night.

This is my new goal and something I am gonna work hard to be able to do.

Thanks to whoever posted this. I love to be challenged.

You might wanna try this too then!

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f14/download-full-multistage-fitness-bleep-test-here-782105/

My friend from work and I do a similar workout to this. We do a continuous workout

mile at 8.0
mile at 9.0
mile at 9.5
mile at 10.0
mile at 10.5

I usually stop at 10.5 but my friend goes to 11.0 or sometimes goes fast to get the last mile done faster.

For someone who runs races in the 17:30 5K or 37:00 10K range, this TUF workout is not that much of a challenge.

First time i heard of it was TUF1, u go on a treadmill run 5 minutes on 5 miles an hour, 5 minutes on 6, 5 minutes on 7....... 5 minutes on 10 miles an hour
totalling 30 minutes and around 3.75 miles
anyone try it anyone finish it? the only fighter who finished it on tuf1 was chris leben, so makes me feel good that i did it

he did it while hungover if my memory serves me right.

i didnt find the (bleep) it actually beep soz that hard really. the TUF1 treadmill run is a fucker ive always prided myself on being able to outwork most people but couldnt get through thisonly got bout 1 min into the 9mph, pathetic. i dont particularly enjoy tredmill running but still thats no excuse and will try again in maybe a month as ive made myself kick it up a notch.

its not that hard unless you put it on incline. i was really surprised at how much harder it makes it.

I tried it for the first time today. I was able to finish everything except the final five minutes at 10 MPH, it's definetely a great workout.

Back