Anyone ever couchsurfed?

So couchsurfing is a gay dating platform?
I've posted publicly that I am traveling to certain cities and I have been getting swamped with messages from dudes. It's impossible to tell through the internet, but a lot of these guys give off a gay vibe. Which is fine, but it makes wonder if they are expecting more than just a hang out. One dude from Vietnam sent me a bunch of tips to do in his city and I responded with a "Thanks, bro! Let's grab a beer or something if you're free." And he talks about how good I look and that I have a "beautiful smile." Yup, this guy is hitting on me for sure.

On another note, one guy offered to host me and I said I'm open to it. He's an American who lives in Thailand with his wife. The thing is he writes like this: ...lots of dots...no capital letters...some grammar and spelling mistakes... Maybe a weird thing to notice but this guy doesn't text like a normal person. He asked for my whatsapp so we can communicate better and the guy only gives me one word responses. He claims he's a fun person but that's not the vibe I'm getting at all. I'm not sure. Even if he turns out not to be a creep, I'm afraid it may just be a very boring, awkward experience. I'm rethinking this whole couch surfing thing.

Good song.
dude, just go to where the hot Swedish girls are and follow the fucking banana pancake trail like everyone else and if you wanna get off the beaten path go to Cambodia like everyone else.

dude, just go to where the hot Swedish girls are and follow the fucking banana pancake trail like everyone else and if you wanna get off the beaten path go to Cambodia like everyone else.
What's the banana pancake trail? I will be going to Cambodia as well.

So couchsurfing is a gay dating platform?
I've posted publicly that I am traveling to certain cities and I have been getting swamped with messages from dudes. It's impossible to tell through the internet, but a lot of these guys give off a gay vibe. Which is fine, but it makes wonder if they are expecting more than just a hang out. One dude from Vietnam sent me a bunch of tips to do in his city and I responded with a "Thanks, bro! Let's grab a beer or something if you're free." And he talks about how good I look and that I have a "beautiful smile." Yup, this guy is hitting on me for sure.

On another note, one guy offered to host me and I said I'm open to it. He's an American who lives in Thailand with his wife. The thing is he writes like this: ...lots of dots...no capital letters...some grammar and spelling mistakes... Maybe a weird thing to notice but this guy doesn't text like a normal person. He asked for my whatsapp so we can communicate better and the guy only gives me one word responses. He claims he's a fun person but that's not the vibe I'm getting at all. I'm not sure. Even if he turns out not to be a creep, I'm afraid it may just be a very boring, awkward experience. I'm rethinking this whole couch surfing thing.

Good song.
I mean it might be worth couch surfing here or there but possibly would be better in Chang mai. You will not be there long enough to benefit significantly from couch surfing. Focus on getting beach ready appearance wise and working on your person to person skills while reading up on the travel guide.

Look for someone on there that will tell you all the cool places to go and little secrets and shit. You just want to be able to meet some hot euro girls and look cool in front of them by showing them some shit that demonstrates that you are cool to them and show them a good time while having enough money to get a private in the hostel to bang them in and travel around together.

What's the banana pancake trail? I will be going to Cambodia as well.
Their is this big looping trail all the tourists travel on just work on containing yourself enough to not hold up the stereotype of English speaking drunken slob and work on your verbal dexterity and being funny and disarming so you can pick up hot chicks in paradise and get a lonely planet.

Their is this big looping trail all the tourists travel on just work on containing yourself enough to not hold up the stereotype of English speaking drunken slob and work on your verbal dexterity and being funny and disarming so you can pick up hot chicks in paradise and get a lonely planet.
I get the feeling you don't like backpackers.

I havn't been their but had a lot of buddies that went and they all got a lonely planet then read up on it then once they arrived the ended up just befriending people in the hostels and swapping tales about where to go and teaming up with people and going.

My female friend who told me about couch surfing keeps telling me to be careful.

I havn't been their but had a lot of buddies that went and they all got a lonely planet then read up on it then once they arrived the ended up just befriending people in the hostels and swapping tales about where to go and teaming up with people and going.
And they banged hot euro girls?
<mma4>

This may come as a surprise but banging chicks is very low on my list of priorities.
I don't think they'd be into an asian manlet plus I'm too poor to get a private room either way.

And they banged hot euro girls?
This may come as a surprise but banging chicks is very low on my list of priorities.
I don't think they'd be into an asian manlet plus I'm too poor to get a private room either way.
The ones that didn't make a strict itinerary and went with the flow did. Although I don't know if they all banged hotties.

Well, you won't with that attitude!

I guess it depends on what you want to get out of your trip and where you are in yourself. It sounds like you need to get some belief in yourself and confidence out of this trip if you ask me.

For starters get a Lonely Planet Thailand guide and watch the movie The Beach.

The ones that didn't make a strict itinerary and went with the flow did. Although I don't know if they all banged hotties.

Well, you won't with that attitude!

I guess it depends on what you want to get out of your trip and where you are in yourself. It sounds like you need to get some belief in yourself and confidence out of this trip if you ask me.

For starters get a Lonely Planet Thailand guide and watch the movie The Beach.

Sure if it happens, it would be great. I'll just go with the flow. My friends have told me that no matter what, I should take condoms. Some people seemed to get laid just by being at a hostel.

Sure if it happens, it would be great. I'll just go with the flow. My friends have told me that no matter what, I should take condoms. Some people seemed to get laid just by being at a hostel.
I knew this guy that didn't get laid until he was like 23 and it's because he went hosteling for like a month or so. He was annoying as fuck and not good looking but at that point he had money.

Just be prepared for it to happen and yeah condoms and all that.

I mean if you have enough money there's a place along the path you can shoot animals with a rocket launcher.

Look just focus on getting extra hours to have money. The main thing is about being able to keep up with the people you are hanging out with and being able to intelligently guage if trying to keep up will blow your wad too soon keeping you from being able to keep pace for the next group of people you hang out with. That is where doing your research on where to go through lonely planet will help out because it will increase your ability to be able to call the shots and direct the group to cheap things you can afford. You might want to also look into some of the pickup material available on line to study. Marc Manson is a good place to start.

Back