Anyone ever couchsurfed?

I'll do Airbnb as long as it's a private room, but no way on the couch surfing, I need some privacy.
Eh, I'v let people stay at my crib when I wasn't there. Although, only people who don't look like Nickleback

I found a host who says she prefers to host men and says guests can sleep on the bed with her. o_O
I know where I'm staying lol
On her floor because I'm a gentleman
<Gordonhat>

I tried to bang as much strange as possible on my trips, so staying at a hostel was always a must, surfing someones couch less likely to get pussy

I'm staying mostly in hostels but I think couchsurfing would be an interesting experience to do a couple times. In hostels I feel like I'd be mostly around other travelers so I would like to meet the locals too.

This thread reminds of that scene in Breaking Bad where Jesse tries to sofa surf with an old pal who clearly has their shit together in life. It was pretty embarrassing as Jesse hasn't grown up at this point.

You calling me a fallacy...bitch?

I found a host who says she prefers to host men and says guests can sleep on the bed with her. o_O
<Gordonhat>

I'm staying mostly in hostels but I think couchsurfing would be an interesting experience to do a couple times. In hostels I feel like I'd be mostly around other travelers so I would like to meet the locals too.

Post pics of your options and let us choose. Kinda like choose your own adventure books.

Post pics of your options and let us choose. Kinda like choose your own adventure books.
LOL that's actually a fun idea. I won't be posting pictures of people without their consent though so y'all have to use your imagination.
The aforementioned chick isn't bad looking in her photos though.

LOL that's actually a fun idea. I won't be posting pictures of people without their consent though so y'all have to use your imagination.
The aforementioned chick isn't bad looking in her photos though.

Then post the link instead of their pictures. Besides, nothing illegal about posting someone's picture from a public website.

Get those lips ready pretty boy! Nothing comes for free.

<Gordonhat>

wait did you seriously find a host like that!?

I assume saying you sound poor is redundant at this point but...there it is.

I've done it in foreign countries. Meet the locals at the bar.

We let this one kid surf at our house on my couch. Dude slept in till 2pm. Drank all my coke, played my video games then didn't even say thank you when my roomate took him home
Should of been dropped off VERY far from home and left to walk!

3 Days in Hanoi.

I tried it after reading about it somewhere and while it was a great experience that time, there are too many risks so I left it on a high note.

3 Days in Hanoi.

I tried it after reading about it somewhere and while it was a great experience that time, there are too many risks so I left it on a high note.

Risks such as waking up in an ice bath with your kidney removed? Or what

A couple years back I went out to pursue my dream. I slept on floors, couches, lived out of a backpack. I traveled the country that way.

I did what it took, that Bill Burr futon quote constantly in my mind when I was uncomfortable and hungry. I truly believe it is better to go to sleep hungry both physically and mentally than with a full belly and unfulfilled. I worked hard, got a name for myself and now I make really good money, I live how I want, I eat what I want, and I'm prepared to lose it all in a year and a half when I move to LA.

The road to success isn't paved with people that were scared of taking risks. If you want something, you fucking take it.

A couple years back I went out to pursue my dream. I slept on floors, couches, lived out of a backpack. I traveled the country that way.

I did what it took, that Bill Burr futon quote constantly in my mind when I was uncomfortable and hungry. I truly believe it is better to go to sleep hungry both physically and mentally than with a full belly and unfulfilled. I worked hard, got a name for myself and now I make really good money, I live how I want, I eat what I want, and I'm prepared to lose it all in a year and a half when I move to LA.

The road to success isn't paved with people that were scared of taking risks. If you want something, you fucking take it.

Truly inspirational man. I believe the road to any sort of growth, success, and betterment is full of scary, uncomfortable moments. But it also opens me up to opportunities and lessons I can take with me for the rest of my life. I believe it's unlikely, but I may open myself up to risk of waking up in a bathtub with my kidney missing, but I also open myself up to meeting wonderful people and lifelong friendships. I know I'm not going to get anywhere by staying comfortable in my little bubble

lol, hell no. for me, hostels are the way to go if you both want to reduce costs, and meet people while traveling. also, a hostel feels more professional, where it's not solely one person's home. that's a lot better to me. honestly, anyone with a personality who engages, will be able to meet people no matter where they are, or what situation they're in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back