Anyone else think TJ Dillashaw was Scapegoated with the EPO?

Op,do you realize you can only inject Epo directly?
There's no excuse of tainted dick pill or anything of the sort.

Yeah, I'm sure Garbrandt agrees - let's all shed a tear for poor, poor Dillashaw.
Dude's a cheater and got caught, end of story.

They probably warned him multiple times. The dude was so fucking juiced it was a joke, and he couldnt even pass the IQ test to take it easy.

1. The UFC didn't suspend TJ; USADA did. So how exactly was this an instance of the UFC scapegoating him?

2. The difference between EPO and other substances is that EPO can't be the result of a contaminated supplement; it's injected. That's why TJ admitted to it right away. And it's why nobody came to his defense, i.e., there's no plausible defense.

3. The fact that TJ popped for EPO long after Cody already snitched on his EPO use suggests that TJ is dumb as a rock [*insert airport gif*].

Didn't Novitzky say they would test his old samples for EPO too?

He literally admitted to taking EPO though...
He did not have a choice. You cant fake not taking EPO. It is an injectable. He didnt take it by accident. The "contaminated supplement/dick pills" wont work here

1. The UFC didn't suspend TJ; USADA did. So how exactly was this an instance of the UFC scapegoating him?

2. The difference between EPO and other substances is that EPO can't be the result of a contaminated supplement; it's injected. That's why TJ admitted to it right away. And it's why nobody came to his defense, i.e., there's no plausible defense.

3. The fact that TJ popped for EPO long after Cody already snitched on his EPO use suggests that TJ is dumb as a rock [*insert airport gif*].
<PlusJuan>

WAR DILLASHAW!

You got the tools man.

You don't have to weaponize pace you just have to be where he can't touch you.

<LynchWink>

The only reason TJ was caught is someone around him snitched. There were suggestions he was on EPO for years before that.

I can't prove it but I bet they never ran a single test on him for EPO until after the snitch. It's just too expensive and they are too cheap to run the test.

In fact I doubt they ever run the test for EPO on any of the insane athletes that seem to have limitless cardio combined with power. If they did the UFC probably wouldn't have any champs and would implode as a company. No incentive there. No sir.
I dont think they needed to snitch because of all the fingers pointed at him that he was on EPO anyway.

I dont think TJ even meant to take anything bad just kind of a mix up and unfortunate circumstances he seems like a nice fellow

I dont think they needed to snitch because of all the fingers pointed at him that he was on EPO anyway.
They didn't need the snitch no. Yet they still didn't run those tests until there was one.

Same with Costa's IV usage. The guy is massive for the weight class but you don't test to see if he is using IV. Well apparently that test isn't run anymore either. Only reason he was caught was the snitch on his team who had a disagreement with him over pay.

I may be wrong but what I remember on previous discussions on USADA's successes in general a lot of it comes from investigations outside of actual testing. They end up doing the testing as a result of those investigations.

Not that it matters right now anyway. Effectively nobody is being tested over the past year. They send the fighter's the test kit and tell them to take it at a certain date/time.

USADA is just going through the motions even outside of the pandemic. This is perfect for the UFC. They get the veneer of regulation without a lot of the negative consequences for their business. That only ever happens when fighters are total morons and go way outside the favorable margins they already enjoy to cheat.

Certainly I think how the UFC/USADA/Etc have delt with doping has tended to be punish a few fighters who are reasonably well known but not worth a lot to the UFC and let people like Jones get away with it.

They didn't need the snitch no. Yet they still didn't run those tests until there was one.

Same with Costa's IV usage. The guy is massive for the weight class but you don't test to see if he is using IV. Well apparently that test isn't run anymore either. Only reason he was caught was the snitch on his team who had a disagreement with him over pay.

I may be wrong but what I remember on previous discussions on USADA's successes in general a lot of it comes from investigations outside of actual testing. They end up doing the testing as a result of those investigations.

Not that it matters right now anyway. Effectively nobody is being tested over the past year. They send the fighter's the test kit and tell them to take it at a certain date/time.

USADA is just going through the motions even outside of the pandemic. This is perfect for the UFC. They get the veneer of regulation without a lot of the negative consequences for their business. That only ever happens when fighters are total morons and go way outside the favorable margins they already enjoy to cheat.
All very plausible.

Lazy-Married-Africanrockpython-size-restricted.gif

Can't wait to see this clown get flatlined.

No money for economy, fly luggage.

I think we're on the same page

Youre just framing it as a bad thing, sandhagen is more of a cheater, he should be at 170 at the lowest at that height

TJ literally took one of the most egregious PED's in order to fight at a lower weight.

Certainly I think how the UFC/USADA/Etc have delt with doping has tended to be punish a few fighters who are reasonably well known but not worth a lot to the UFC and let people like Jones get away with it.
Jones was suspended twice under usada...

Back