Anyone else think TJ Dillashaw was Scapegoated with the EPO?

Yep, somebody must have spilled some in his cheerios by accident. TJ had no idea!

To me it seems pretty obvious they used him as a scapegoat for the issue of PEDS in UFC.

Yes, Dillashaw was the champ and a big deal within the mma community but not popular or a draw to the casual fan. So instead of the UFC focusing on the big draws who got caught like Jon Jones and Nate Diaz they tried to hide those under the rug and go after Dillashaw because they can pretend they went after a star even though he really didn't make them any money and had a loss to Cejudo. Plus he got caught with EPO instead of Roids which makes things appear in a more fan friendly way publicizing this as so.

To me it seemed like everyone was made to just focus on Dillashaw rather than the other guys. I never seen another fighter get so much sh*** as him and he wasn't even on roids.
It was only EPO!! Lol.

Lazy-Married-Africanrockpython-size-restricted.gif

Can't wait to see this clown get flatlined.
Ewww so embarrassing

So you think a guy who is 5' 11" and is skinny as hell making 135 is somehow cheating more than someone using EPO. That's idiotic, Sandhagen has never missed weight height is not size. Being tall for your divisions isn't cheating, MMA has weight classes not height classes.

No you are wrong, Gastelum vs Sanhagen would be unfair because Cory is taller than Gastelum

To me it seems pretty obvious they used him as a scapegoat for the issue of PEDS in UFC.

Yes, Dillashaw was the champ and a big deal within the mma community but not popular or a draw to the casual fan. So instead of the UFC focusing on the big draws who got caught like Jon Jones and Nate Diaz they tried to hide those under the rug and go after Dillashaw because they can pretend they went after a star even though he really didn't make them any money and had a loss to Cejudo. Plus he got caught with EPO instead of Roids which makes things appear in a more fan friendly way publicizing this as so.

To me it seemed like everyone was made to just focus on Dillashaw rather than the other guys. I never seen another fighter get so much sh*** as him and he wasn't even on roids.

LOL - I'm not sure if this is a serious post or not...

Bang on TS. They did shit on tj. They also screwed him in the decision loss to cruz. Lesson of this story is, if you cheat, make sure Dana likes you. Cormier with towel gate, Dana helped him cheat. Khabib missed weight by a mile vs gaethje, noone says anything.

So you think a guy who is 5' 11" and is skinny as hell making 135 is somehow cheating more than someone using EPO. That's idiotic, Sandhagen has never missed weight height is not size. Being tall for your divisions isn't cheating, MMA has weight classes not height classes.

I think its shameful, idk, im 6'2", but theres something inspiring about undersized/shorter fighter/athletes in general

Mma is supposed to be a refuge for shorter athletes because they are physically unable to compete in real sports, we should let them have their thing y'know?

I mean traditional ball sports when I say "real sports" , dont get hung up on that

I think its shameful, idk, im 6'2", but theres something inspiring about undersized/shorter fighter/athletes in general

Mma is supposed to be a refuge for shorter athletes because they are physically unable to compete in real sports, we should let them have their thing y'know?

I mean traditional ball sports when I say "real sports" , dont get hung up on that
No, MMA isn't supposed to be some sort of refuge for shorter guys, that's just some bizarre notion you have. MMA has weight classes because weight matters they don't discriminate against tall skinny guys like you want them to.

There are advantages to being shorter and stronger just like there are for being taller and having more range. I wrestled and beat taller guys plenty of times, they were generally slower and weaker.

Sandhagen obviously isn't too big for BW or he would have had trouble making the weight which he never has. Being tall isn't cheating.

Lol Jones still didn't snitch like he was supposed to for his reduced sentence. Corruption at its finest.

He lost to Cejudo and that outcome was not what Dana was hoping for when TJ about dieded to make weight and then put on a terrible performance on top of all that.

probably good for tj because it gives people time to forget about that fight and everything he did to move down (not up) to get a second belt.

No, MMA isn't supposed to be some sort of refuge for shorter guys, that's just some bizarre notion you have. MMA has weight classes because weight matters they don't discriminate against tall skinny guys like you want them to.

There are advantages to being shorter and stronger just like there are for being taller and having more range. I wrestled and beat taller guys plenty of times, they were generally slower and weaker.

Sandhagen obviously isn't too big for BW or he would have had trouble making the weight which he never has. Being tall isn't cheating.

Not mma entirely but definitely the wec merger division

This is just a matter of preference I think, we all hated on james vick, half this site hates on conor for fighting at FW, sandhagen is no different

TJ has an exciting style, and puts on good fights, thats good enough

Not mma entirely but definitely the wec merger division

This is just a matter of preference I think, we all hated on james vick, half this site hates on conor for fighting at FW, sandhagen is no different

TJ has an exciting style, and puts on good fights, thats good enough
James Vick is a terrible example if you want to claim that being taller is cheating like you did with Sandhagen. I mean you said that him being 5'11" at BW is cheating more than EPO. TJ and Cruz are also both taller than Cejudo too. Conor got some hate for fighting at FW because he is huge for that division, not just tall. You don't seem to understand that height is only one way to measure size and reality is 3 dimensions.

I think I understand that, I just dont think everything is the same, the rules dont dictact all of my thinking

If you are a 5'11 135er I think of you as worse than than a 5'6" 135er

5'11" is just a bridge too far, its george roop, james vick territory

What they really did is make it SEEM like USADA is on the up-and-up by busting a big name and champion, but in fact this is the same USADA that allowed Jones to fight after failing multiple drug tests even while UFC moved an event to allow Jon to fight. UFC threw TJ under the bus while other big names are openly allowed to use PEDs (or allowed to use them in the PI in Vegas) and UFC doesn't allow USADA to pop them, being that they're on UFC's payroll they do what they're told.

I agree, it hurt him that he’s not the most likable guy. He’s so much fun to watch him fight tho

I think we're on the same page

Youre just framing it as a bad thing, sandhagen is more of a cheater, he should be at 170 at the lowest at that height

<{MingNope}>

I agree though, TJ did nothing wrong.

Back