Anyone else think TJ Dillashaw was Scapegoated with the EPO?

Kertol

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
To me it seems pretty obvious they used him as a scapegoat for the issue of PEDS in UFC.

Yes, Dillashaw was the champ and a big deal within the mma community but not popular or a draw to the casual fan. So instead of the UFC focusing on the big draws who got caught like Jon Jones and Nate Diaz they tried to hide those under the rug and go after Dillashaw because they can pretend they went after a star even though he really didn't make them any money and had a loss to Cejudo. Plus he got caught with EPO instead of Roids which makes things appear in a more fan friendly way publicizing this as so.

To me it seemed like everyone was made to just focus on Dillashaw rather than the other guys. I never seen another fighter get so much sh*** as him and he wasn't even on roids.

He did start a store called "Clean Juice", so...
Clean_Juice_TJ_Dillashaw.jpg

TJ did nothing wrong

Im excited for him to be back
I think we're on the same page

Youre just framing it as a bad thing, sandhagen is more of a cheater, he should be at 170 at the lowest at that height
Sup TJ excited to see you back. Lets stick with the clean juice this time;)

Last edited:
To me it seems pretty obvious they used him as a scapegoat for the issue of PEDS in UFC.

Yes, Dillashaw was the champ and a big deal within the mma community but not popular or a draw to the casual fan. So instead of the UFC focusing on the big draws who got caught like Jon Jones and Nate Diaz they tried to hide those under the rug and go after Dillashaw because they can pretend they went after a star even though he really didn't make them any money and had a loss to Cejudo. Plus he got caught with EPO instead of Roids which makes things appear in a more fan friendly way publicizing this as so.

To me it seemed like everyone was made to just focus on Dillashaw rather than the other guys. I never seen another fighter get so much sh*** as him and he wasn't even on roids.
Or maybe..just Maybe TJ was stupid enough to get caught.

Didn't pay for the latest compound and it was outdated so it got picked up.

It's not out of the realm of possibility, having too many public stories was hurting their image. So now there's countless guys who've been flagged and we'll never know.

Guys like Izzy literally showed up to the fight with full on Gyno, and fans are still ignorant and oblivious to the truth. You don't get gyno in your 30's in a matter of months, then sweep it all under the rug like it never happened.

I'm of the believe that most of the roster is micro-dosing testosterone because the test levels that USADA accepts are a complete joke. It's not hard to cheat, and now you don't even have to suffer public embarrassment and have your career stained.

I'm just glad he's back.

He's fun to watch and had great style.

I'm hoping he's evolved since then because, imo, he's going to have needed to against Sandhagen.

WAR Dildoashaw!

1. The UFC didn't suspend TJ; USADA did. So how exactly was this an instance of the UFC scapegoating him?

2. The difference between EPO and other substances is that EPO can't be the result of a contaminated supplement; it's injected. That's why TJ admitted to it right away. And it's why nobody came to his defense, i.e., there's no plausible defense.

3. The fact that TJ popped for EPO long after Cody already snitched on his EPO use suggests that TJ is dumb as a rock [*insert airport gif*].

Nate Diaz had a SARM metabolite that was under the threshold.

If you don't understand what that means, I'll spell it out: He had SO LITTLE in his system, it was under the threshold of which the UFC would consider it a violation. He was never even up for suspension as a possibility.

Dillashaw was shooting up EPO. This is among, if not solely, the most egregious PEDS you can take in MMA.

This is a dogshit thread.

Back