Anyone else think Pettis has a legit chance to beat Tony?

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, Tony is an absolute savage and easily deserving of the title of #1 lightweight in the world. But as entertaining as his wild unorthodox style is, it leads to him taking alot of damage in some of his fights and getting dropped a decent amount.

He makes up for it with insane recovery and pace, but at 34 he is i believe one of if not the oldest of the current top 10 lightweights. Add on top of all that his major injury recently, and i think his time at the top is sadly coming to an end sooner than later.

Call me crazy but I think Pettis has a solid chance of catching him on the feet and finishing him by TKO or a sub while Tony is still dazed.

yeah he can def win especially since it 3 rounds. if tony starts out slow thats already 1 round for showtime.

I don't see it happening. I hope he does though Ferguson needs to go away

Ferg pressures Pettis and hurts him. Wins a dec

yeah he can def win especially since it 3 rounds. if tony starts out slow thats already 1 round for showtime.

I dont think Pettis wil win a decision against Tony, he tends to slow down as the fight goes on while Tony is relentless til the final bell. If he wins I think its via an early finish

I think Pettis has a lot of chance to TKO Tony. He's open once he does crazy shit in striking and he's not going to risk himself with Pettis's bjj which it's awesome. it's either a TKO or decision.

100%. Tony really doesn't have the greatest defense on the feet and has gotten by in alot of fights on pure heart toughness and his ability to take a shot.

Tony also doesn't have the greatest wrestling or takedown either, he is one of the few guys at the top of LW I'm not sure could grind on Pettis, not to mention it really isn't Tony's style so I don't see him trying it now.

Pettis could very well light him up with kicks like Vannata did, and if he does he could very well finish Tony.

He has a decent shot. Tony never really blows anybody away. He just finds a way to win later in fights. What if just never finds that avenue here? Not that Anthony can't be gotten too if it becomes a war of attrition but Tony can't always find that sub or have his opponent fall apart. Eventually one of these seemingly evenly matched fights will end up not going his way.

He absolutely has a chance.
A good chance.

Despite being on a long and impressive win streak Tony has looked very beatable at times. Pettis could win this fight.

I think Tony should be favored here, but it’s not a lock, not even close.

Dont get me wrong, Tony is an absolute savage and easily deserving of the title of #1 lightweight in the world. But as entertaining as his wild unorthodox style is, it leads to him taking alot of damage in some of his fights and getting dropped a decent amount.

He makes up for it with insane recovery and pace, but at 34 he is i believe one of if not the oldest of the current top 10 lightweights. Add on top of all that his major injury recently, and i think his time at the top is sadly coming to an end sooner than later.

Call me crazy but I think Pettis has a solid chance of catching him on the feet and finishing him by TKO or a sub while Tony is still dazed.
Yes. He can stop Tony with strikes because Tony is so clumsy.

nah cant see it.

Tony has defeated a far better kicker in Barbosa. imo the only person that poses a challenge to a healthy Ferguson is Khabib.

I want Tony to finish him but he might be coming back too soon with that knee injury, that could hinder him which would give Pettis an advantage. so yeah I can see him winning

It also helps Pettis's chance since he's fighting someone who most likely won't try to take him down. Like I wouldn't be surprised if Tony blocks a Pettis headkick and it breaks his arm.

Pettis' hands have improved and his bjj has become very dangerous, even against high level grapplers. Choked Chiesa and Oliveria out, plus we all know about his kicks.

He's game in this matchup.

nah cant see it.

Tony has defeated a far better kicker in Barbosa. imo the only person that poses a challenge to a healthy Ferguson is Khabib.

A healthy Kevin Lee could be interesting. When healthy his gas tank is a lot better than he showed against Ferguson with a visible staph infection.

Screen-Shot-2018-03-07-at-3.51.20-PM.png

jv4s9jtokoqz.gif

Pettis is gonna get destroyed man, come on!! his main problem has been and still is, his lack of heart. He gives up if things are not going his way. The only way you have a chance against Tony is, besides having the skills everywhere of course, is to be able to keep Tony's pace while keeping your cool at the same time, the fucking guy just wont stop hitting you with all kind of shit. Just few guys in the world can do that vs Ferguson in the LW division..

Back