Anyone else think Pettis has a legit chance to beat Tony?

I think Tony utilizes a lot of movement. We have to consider how his recent injury will impact this, and hopefully it does not. The knee is a tough injury for any athlete, especially those who move a lot. If he is impacted any way in that fight mobility wise, the question in my mind becomes how good are his fundamentals, and his technique? Not looping shots, returning the hands back to where they were thrown from, keeping the chin tucked, etc. In my view, when athleticism, and mobility go-- fundamentals, and good technique are more crucial than ever before. I think Pettis winning is a question of how he prepares, as well as physically what version of Tony is in the octagon with him.

I think it willl look like Fergs fight with Barboza aside from the fact that AP is more capable on the ground

I dont think Pettis wil win a decision against Tony, he tends to slow down as the fight goes on while Tony is relentless til the final bell. If he wins I think its via an early finish
Could be, but an injury like that can SAP your cardio. Look what happened to Conor when his knee got similarly jacked: he went from rag dolling Holloway in a three round clinic to gassing in 7 minutes. Not being able to run can really mess things up, even for the best of them.

A healthy Kevin Lee could be interesting. When healthy his gas tank is a lot better than he showed against Ferguson with a visible staph infection.

Screen-Shot-2018-03-07-at-3.51.20-PM.png

jv4s9jtokoqz.gif
Gas tanks are great when you can control the pace. When you have a fighter pushing back, it changes things up. RDA is a destroyer when he can push the other guy around, but Tony broke him with responsive pressure and pushing the pace.

No way in hell he does , especially at 34. I had carpal tunnel surgery about a year ago , which consist of slicing a tiny little tendon in the hand / wrisr and it took every bit of 6 months to get back to what I'd call normal. Can't imagine that a much more invasive and larger scale operation like putting a knee back together wouldn't take much longer to recover from.

I had the same knee surgery as him and I was no-where near 100% within 6 months.

I'm leaning towards Pettis actually, if Lando can hurt him that bad then Anthony can finish him.

Ferg has been caught before. Pettis can literally land on anyone

Gas tanks are great when you can control the pace. When you have a fighter pushing back, it changes things up. RDA is a destroyer when he can push the other guy around, but Tony broke him with responsive pressure and pushing the pace.

Not trying to discredit the pace Tony sets. But he had a visible staph infection. He clearly wasn’t at his best.

Back