Anyone else surprised Silva didnt call out Cain?

Give Anderson Silva eight months to prepare for the fight and add some size and he will dismantle Cain Velasquez!

How can there be people who are convinced Weidman would smash Anderson and at the same time different people who think Anderson would beat Cain. I know there is a spectrum of opinion but that kind of disparity shouldn't be possible

Well, I don't see many people saying Weidman crushes Anderson, but that he is just the most interesting style for Anderson to fight in the shallow 185 pound division.

And for some reason, Anderson's more fervid fans seem to hate that idea.

about as 1 dimensional as it gets.

You *might* have a point, except for the fact Fedor beat both Nog and Crocop at their own game.

He owned Nog from guard (and his guard was extremely dangerous), and he beat the hell out of the Croatian in what amounted to a kickboxing match with limited gnp.

If he wrestlefucked Crocop and say, wouldn't fight Nog on the ground. Yeah, maybe there would be some relevance to your comment.

If you can't see the difference between Cain's GnP and Chael's, you're blind or know nothing about MMA. First time Cain scores a TD, if he's got at least a minute to work with, it's TKO time. Oh, and stop pretending Andy's BJJ (from his back) is something special - it isn't. The only win he has from his back is against Chael, who has been triangled how many times exactly..?

Well, I don't see many people saying Weidman crushes Anderson, but that he is just the most interesting style for Anderson to fight in the shallow 185 pound division.

And for some reason, Anderson's more fervid fans seem to hate that idea.

Agreed.

I don't think Weidman will 'crush' him, but he definitely has the skills to make it competitive. ..Unlike 90% of Andy's UFC opponents.

Back