Anyone else surprised Silva didnt call out Cain?

you dont see a difference between a guy like nog and a guy like cain?

Other than Cain, Dos Santos, Overeem and Cormier it doesn't really become debatable. The fighters I mentioned then it's debatable. Fedor lost to Bigfoot, Werdum and Henderson those opponents don't represent a higher standard to me. Henderson is great but he's not a heavyweight.

Cain, Dos Santos, Overeem and Cormier then it's possible they are of a higher standard. Even then it's hard to say.

Other than Cain, Dos Santos, Overeem and Cormier it doesn't really become debatable. The fighters I mentioned then it's debatable. Fedor lost to Bigfoot, Werdum and Henderson those opponents don't represent a higher standard to me. Henderson is great but he's not a heavyweight.

Cain, Dos Santos, Overeem and Cormier then it's possible they are of a higher standard. Even then it's hard to say.

if u say so

youre trying too hard little guy

he established himself at mw, so he doesnt want to invade his teammates turf at lhw/hw.

he even said the belfort fight shouldnt have happened because they trained together before.

its really simple, but i shouldnt expect an idiot like u to understand

Oh shit. A guy who thinks Anderson let himself be taken down called me an idiot. Alright I'm out. I can't win.

About as surprised as I am that Bendo didn't call out Jon Jones.

Surprised at a lot of people's arguments here and the lack of people giving Anderson a shot. I can only assume this is entirely down to Cain's most recent impressive performance against JDS, if he had got clipped again then you can guarantee everyone would be singing a different tune in response to this question.

I have seen numerous poster favour JJ over Cain yet Anderson has no shot? I dont buy it. In my opinion in 25 minutes in an MMA fight Anderson has a damn good shot of tko'ing anyone on the planet, at LHW or HW.

Peoples memories are short, just a couple of weeks ago a healthy portion of this forum were questioning not only Cain's chances against JDS but also if he belonged at HW in the 1st place. Now after 1 extremely impressive performance he would UNDOUBTEDLY walk through someone who could be a reasonable sized LHW and probably the p4p best mixed martial artist on the planet?

Cain would naturally be the favourite, but I would not count Anderson out, not at all.

It can only be drugs.

People are going to start saying Anderson could beat 2 lions and an armored tank at the same time.

Watch, after Silva destroys Jones this will be the common serious thread, people will always want Silva to lose and after he's defeated the LHW goat they will have nothing left to turn to but HW goat.

Watch, after Silva destroys Jones this will be the common serious thread, people will always want Silva to lose and after he's defeated the LHW goat they will have nothing left to turn to but HW goat.

Jones will be highly favored in that fight, and I don't like Anderson's chances. Jones has some of the best takedowns we've ever seen, and unlike Chael, Jones absolutely destroys people from top position.

It's no coincidence people want Anderson to fight the LHW champion. Anderson fights at LHW. I love Anderson and watch his fights a thousand times over just to admire how special the man is, but the Jones vs Anderson hype is no conspiracy aimed toward Anderson.

Cain would be the clear favorite ofc, but if he were to pressure Anderson the same way and from the same range as he pressured jds I think Cain would eat some jabs and straights for sure. He would have to use another gameplan.

LMAO at "good TDD" ...he might have perfect TDD, but there is a point where strngth and size starts to matter. In other words, he wouldnt be able to stop Cains takedowns.

Silva is in the business of being a smart champ. This isn't Pride, and he doesn't HAVE to beat HW's to be relevant. The Bonnar fight was a gift to the UFC, the fans, and his bank account...nothing more.

Exactly, he wont even fight Jones at 205 where he hand picks stylistic dreams. 2nd thread I have seen like this tonight, what is wrong with sherdog?

Wanderlei Silva fought Crocop back in the day and the fight ended up been a draw.

Which had to do with the rules if the fight went to decision not necessarily that the fight was competitive.

Last edited:
What happened the second time they fought?

Silva actually would of won on points in the first fight but it ended in a draw because of the prefight agreement they made. The 2nd fight Wand was on the decline already so it doesn't really hold much credit.

how in the fuck am i the first person to mention that Cain was basically a nobody then...dude had 1 fight in the UFC... why would Silva call him out at the time? he was barely relevant...

Oh for god's sake. This is getting ridiculous. Yes Anderson is incredible but Cain would probably kill him and this business about anderson walking around at 220? Maybe when he hasn't trained in months. After about 3 weeks of a training camp he's below 200. He's not even a big middleweight at fighting weight.

Every one of the top 10 at heavyweight would smash him to pieces.

He has a good chin AT MIDDLEWEIGHT.
He has decent TDD AT MIDDLEWEIGHT.
He has Power AT MIDDLEWEIGHT.

Jumping up 1 weight class to fight is one thing. two weight classes is a whole different story nowadays. Guys are too well rounded in every weight class. It's not like the days of old when they used to get huge guys with literally no skill in any area to fight technical and well rounded small guys.

As a final note I think that stylistically, ignoring the huge weight, power, and strength disparity, Cain is a bad match-up for Anderson. If Cain was 40lbs lighter and could make middleweight I think he would probably beat anderson because his striking is great, obviously not on a level with Anderson's but good enough to keep AS off balance so he can score the take downs. His wrestling is miles better than Anderson's. He would take him down easily and anderson, as we have seen, is nowhere near as good at getting off his back as JDS, so he would spend the entire fight on his back. Cain's GNP is devastating because the volume of strikes with high (not super high) levels of power, unlike Sonnen who basically hit anderson with a few ear slaps. When Cain is fully fit he is great at latching on to a take down when he is in trouble so anderson wouldn't finish him. In what possible way could anderson beat Cain?

how in the fuck am i the first person to mention that Cain was basically a nobody then...dude had 1 fight in the UFC... why would Silva call him out at the time? he was barely relevant...

I think he means after the JDS fight.

How can there be people who are convinced Weidman would smash Anderson and at the same time different people who think Anderson would beat Cain. I know there is a spectrum of opinion but that kind of disparity shouldn't be possible

Back