Anyone else surprised Silva didnt call out Cain?

Cain clearly kicked the ass of JDS, but lets not forget he missed 67% of his takedowns and looked rather stupid the first couple of minutes chaining failed takedown after failed takedown.

Only when JDS gassed from the relentless pace did Cain start landing takedowns and punishing strikes.

I think Anderson would have a punchers chance, but if I were betting money it'd be on Cain just from the size difference and Cain's high pressure wrestling attack.

no, its not.

and its 100x easier to get in good gnp against slow heavyweights, compared to guys in lower weightclasses

This person's trolling multiple threads.

By his/her logic (and oh my am I using that term loosely right there) a flyweight is Cain's kryptonite.

Please tell me you are joking. Cains GnP is probably the best in the UFC. Go look at all his fights. He destroys everyone that he takes down. The face of JDS after the fight proves it. No one has ever done that to him. Big Foot, Nog, Rothwell, Lesnar, etc. The list continues to grow. Overeem is next.

Good points made.

if cain almost got koed by kongo, then.. well.. need i say more?

cains gnp is overrated as hell, his tds didnt look good at all against jds either

Well Cain has improved since then, also let's consider Dos Santos was defending those takedowns Anderson wouldn't stop that many.

10001340.gif

2ci6v4i.gif

behold, the amazing striking defence of cain against the guy who got outstruck by mir

Good points made.

Well Cain has improve since then, also let's consider Dos Santos was defending those takedowns Anderson wouldn't stop that many.

take into account that anderson controls the distance WAY better than junior

anderson could completely nullify and outclass cain imo

cain is chubby at 240 lbs, and i forgot how much anderson walks around at

the strength advantage wouldnt be that much

Anderson Silva would get absolutely, totally, and utterly destroyed by Cain. It wouldnt even be close. He would get grapple fucked, ground and pounded and destroyed.

take into account that anderson controls the distance WAY better than junior

Your gifs above don't prove that much, that was years ago Cain is clearly much better now. It's like saying Cain would outstrike Anderson because Chael did, with the threat of the takedown that's possible actually.

I agree Anderson is a better striker than Dos Santos, but Dos Santos is bigger stronger and has better tdd.

Anderson Silva would get absolutely, totally, and utterly destroyed by Cain. It wouldnt even be close. He would get grapple fucked, ground and pounded and destroyed.

thats the sherdog predictions whenever someone from a lower weight class fights someone from a higher weightclass.

and jon jones wouldnt be a top 5 heavyweight right?

Your gifs above don't prove that much, that was years ago Cain is clearly much better now. It's like saying Cain would outstrike Anderson because Chael did, with the threat of the takedown that's possible actually.

I agree Anderson is a better striker than Dos Santos, but Dos Santos is bigger stronger and has better tdd.

cains head movement is still cringe worthy, but i understand how some people would think cain would take down anderson and gnp him.

thats the sherdog predictions whenever someone from a lower weight class fights someone from a higher weightclass.

and jon jones wouldnt be a top 5 heavyweight right?

Anderson and Cain are two weight divisions apart. Jones would more likely be a top 5 heavyweight.

cains head movement is still cringe worthy, but i understand how some people would think cain would take down anderson and gnp him.

Anderson is a much better striker yes but Cain has improved. He could stand long enough to get the takedown and use gnp.

Back