Anyone else hoping for an Ellenberger win against Hendricks?

It really doesn't matter who wins. Both lose to GSP handily, but maybe if there isn't a clear cut contender then GSP will decide to try the waters at MW. Wishful thinking.

Elenberger is a better technical striker and if he can avoid Hendricks big left hand then he could possibly pull off the upset here.

Ellenberger is faster, packs some power of his own, and is a good counter striker.

Dont sleep on Ellenberger in this fight.

I think Berger takes it by playing conservative. If he can avoid the first minute KO, Hendricks decision wins are far from one sided.

No. Although I'm not sold that they'll even fight. I still think the Diaz/GSP fight gets screwed up again and Hendricks winds up fighting either GSP (because Diaz does something stupid again) or Diaz (because GSP gets hurt again) in the main event.

I am really hoping that Ellenberger takes the win against Hendricks.......

As deserving of the title shot that Hendricks is, I can't wrap my finger around why i want him to get smashed by Berger.......

Anyone else feel the same?

YEah I want Jake to win too.

No. Although I'm not sold that they'll even fight. I still think the Diaz/GSP fight gets screwed up again and Hendricks winds up fighting either GSP (because Diaz does something stupid again) or Diaz (because GSP gets hurt again) in the main event.

This is a very real possibility. I'm fine if there are changes to this card though. At least they're all WW's and have rank in the division.

With a knee to the chin...

Yes...but I'd almost just as soon eat a knee from Kampmann (one of my favorite fighters) as I would a left hand from Hendricks.

I see Hendricks v Ellenberger as a pretty damn even fight. I'm leaning a little towards Hendricks for the simple fact that I don't Jake avoiding that left for the entire fight.

I am really hoping that Ellenberger takes the win against Hendricks.......

As deserving of the title shot that Hendricks is, I can't wrap my finger around why i want him to get smashed by Berger.......

Anyone else feel the same?

Its cuz Hendricks sorta looks like a terrorist.

Jake gets KO'd 1 time (while he was gassed due to savagely beating his opponent up early in the fight) and suddenly people act like he's an easy KO victory or something. This is a very tough fight for both guys and a huge threat to Hendricks title shot.

They are pretty similar fighters in some ways... concussive power and great wrestling. Ellenberger is probably a better rounded striker with better technique, but Hendricks has a wrestling advantage. It will probably be a close decision either way.

I hope Jake Wins. Hendricks is just like kos and gsp will beat him just like he did kos. Ellenburger has a better shot to beat gsp in my opinion

Also, Hendricks being champ would be good for MMA in Dallas so I'd also like to see that.

I'm taking Ellenberger by full blast left hook, right hook, left hook, right hook, left hook, right hook combination.

I really dont see Ellenberger getting KO'd by Hendricks.....

Call me crazy, but i think Ellenberger has a better chin then Kampann and Fitch....

O_O... lol must resist calling you crazy!! D:

No, but honestly I believe they both are great fighters but I'm hoping for another hendricks kayo :) I want to see him fight Gsp.

With JH, its either an amazing knockout or a very tight Decision win. What if Jake grins him down and takes the UD? That would be awesome and would certainly muddle the WW waters!

i do. i was pretty interested in hendricks career until all this title shot whining. him and wiedman acting like they're legends of mma and that the ufc owes them something really aggrevates me. is he deserving of a shot? sure. is it utterly preposterous for him to need 1 more win? not at all.

now that everybody has jumped off the ellenberger for president train, i'm hoping jake can humble hendricks too.

Back