Anyone else hoping for an Ellenberger win against Hendricks?

I am really hoping that Ellenberger takes the win against Hendricks.......

As deserving of the title shot that Hendricks is, I can't wrap my finger around why i want him to get smashed by Berger.......

Anyone else feel the same?

It's probably because Hendricks is constantly whining like a little bitch about getting a TS and it's getting annoying

Jake gets KO'd 1 time (while he was gassed due to savagely beating his opponent up early in the fight) and suddenly people act like he's an easy KO victory or something. This is a very tough fight for both guys and a huge threat to Hendricks title shot.

They are pretty similar fighters in some ways... concussive power and great wrestling. Ellenberger is probably a better rounded striker with better technique, but Hendricks has a wrestling advantage. It will probably be a close decision either way.

hilarious that jake was basically hendricks before the kampmann fight. everyone saying he was gona run through the division. now he's just a small pit stop on hendricks title trails

hilarious that jake was basically hendricks before the kampmann fight. everyone saying he was gona run through the division. now he's just a small pit stop on hendricks title trails

KO'ing a grief stricken Shields shouldn't have been considered anything special.

that was just Sherdog being Sherdog

For me, neither guy is particularly likable, but I think Hendricks's fighting style is more fun to watch so I hope he wins.

KO'ing a grief stricken Shields shouldn't have been considered anything special.

that was just Sherdog being Sherdog

His fight with Condit should have gone either way, and I thought he won it... then he won 6 in a row after that.

So to act like he was nowhere close to a title shot is completely wrong. How short is your memory?

No. Hendricks is getting fucked. He deserves a shot.

I am. I thought Hendricks was cool at first, knocking everyone out left and right. Then I found out that he whines more than Nick Diaz does after a loss to Carlos Condit (and I'm a Diaz fan). Now I hope he gets knocked out.

Hope Hendricks knocks Ellenberger out.. UFC 158 is looking great

His fight with Condit should have gone either way, and I thought he won it... then he won 6 in a row after that.

So to act like he was nowhere close to a title shot is completely wrong. How short is your memory?

the same thing is gona happen to hendricks. people are touting him as the next champ until he gets beat, very possibly by ellenberger. then he'll just be another fish in the pond and we won't have to hear about how badly he's being screwed. other than his KO power i haven't really been impressed by him

no. not because of anything against ellenberger per se, just that i don't think it's right that diaz is getting a shot ahead of hendricks in the first place. it would be pretty uncool if hendricks ends up losing and not getting a shot that most people agree he has clearly earned.

if hendricks can't beat ellenberger than asking for a title shot was a moot point

This could be said for any and every fighter that has to fight one more before getting the shot.

This could be said for any and every fighter that has to fight one more before getting the shot.

And it would be true, what is the point of winning the belt to lose it defending against someone that you could have faced on the way up.

Sure, but I won't count on it. Ellenberger seems to be a poor man's Hendricks.

I hope Jake wins. I am a big fan of both guys but i am getting very annoyed with fighters entitlement issues. Gsp asked to fight Diaz...he has the right to...when Hendricks becomes the most dominant WW champion in history, then he can ask for whatever he wants..until then just fight like everyone else. Another fight against a guy like Jake is only gonna get hendricks more ready and seasoned...just hope his kids make it till then with all of the food they are going without because of GSP...ffs.

Back