Anyone else hate Sunday cards?

You must not have much of a life if you are whining about a card like this being on a Sunday. Most cards ARE on Saturday night. A few a year are on Wednesday or Sunday night. International cards can be around Noon.

Not every UFC card will cater to your schedule.

Nailed it

Yeah Sunday cards aren't the best. For me I have my schedule set up for fight weekends. Saturdays are fights and ordering some kind of food and Sunday is either lazy staying in or chill hanging out with friends, all my non-MMA watching friends already know Saturdays I am not available when there are fights on, lol.

Guess now I gotta find something to do today and probably move the ordering food to tomorrow.

Unfortunately the Sunday cards have all done well in the ratings including an atrocious card in Bigfoot vs Mir so they aren't going anywhere.

I'm not salty. The card as a whole it pretty weak so Monday evening I'll just grab the card and fast forward through the dull stuff. I was thinking about staying up and watching but that last Wed card didn't end till after Midnight and watching fights isn't exactly something that gets you ready for bed.

I don't think the number of events they have at those times are worth this girly meltdown of yours.

I'm not complaining. Usually on Saturdays I sit at home by myself watching UFC from 3-10pm because my friends aren't all into it. I'd rather get plastered with my friends all Saturday night long then watch UFC in bed all day the next day. Plus the main card is an earlier one and should be over by 9pm PST.

to add, in europe every card is a 5 in the morning card.

imagine doing that for a 14 second ronda fight.

Better that way imo, can't wait to get to sleep, a 5 round decision has slept me before.

:eek:

I feel like I should send a care package of meth to European fight fans.
Hahaha, I'm used to it. I have a thing about watching it live, because I know I'll probably find out the results the morning after, and I love the feeling of seeing a good fight live, where I don't know the outcome beforehand.

I was actually going to make the trip to watch this card but then realized it was on a sunday. Have shit to do monday.

You must not have much of a life if you are whining about a card like this being on a Sunday. Most cards ARE on Saturday night. A few a year are on Wednesday or Sunday night. International cards can be around Noon.

Not every UFC card will cater to your schedule.

Maybe I just work on Sundays? Saturday cards are the best. I've been watching MMA for 10 years I know that fights are on Saturdays you idiot. Way to state the obvious. Did you know that apples are red?

Yeah. This time it sucks, I thought it was today, honestly since like last month. Also cuz I wanted to watch WWE Summerslam and now I gotta work around both...

Honestly, I like the few times we in Vegas get to wake up to fights. You don't have to schedule your whole day around it. You can day-drink if you want. It's just kinda fun.

And I dig Sunday shows just as a change of pace. I really am not a fan of Saturday night having the albatross of 6 hours of fights going on.

They are horrible.

In Europe every card is a Sunday card, welcome to our reality

Yea but you can stay up and watch it then go to sleep the rest of Sunday, or you can go to sleep normally and then watch it a number of ways when you wake up.

This way, most people here can't watch it live since they have to go to work, and they can't go to bed then get up and watch it since they have to go to work, and will probably spoiler it during the day then not bother watching (or watch later but MUCH less exciting when you know what will happen).

In the UK, we don't pay for PPVs, only the channel. FP is same price for us.

Same here in Finland. I pay about 30 euros a month for a channel package which I bought mainly for English Premier League football, but the UFC is a nice bonus. Probably wouldn't pay for UFC otherwise, since I rarely have the chance to watch the events live.

Back