Anyone else hate Sunday cards?

Yeah, unless it's a Sunday card that's shown in the morning, I don't like it. I treat my Sunday nights like a week-day: go to bed early so I can wake up early. If the card's amazing, I'll stay up and let it fuck up my sleep. But usually I'll just watch the card at a later date.

Sunday cards are awful

I've made at least one thread ranting about them

I work every Sunday and luckily I have every Saturday off. I often sleep in and stay up late and watch the fights with my buddies. It has just became somewhat of a ritual. I don't understand why the UFC would do events on Sunday over Saturday. More people go out on Saturday, more people in town from traveling etc...

What are they thinking? Sunday many people have to work the next morning and wont stay out late at bars or the event itself nearly as long vs a Saturday night. The only thing I could think of is some huge event at the arena on the previous day. Other then that, only do Friday or Saturday cards. I even enjoy a Wednesday card over a Sunday card.

What are your favorite days to watch fights?

I start my day at 5:00 am.
I don't mind Sundays, but I do mind being so late on Sunday....

I move into my dorm tomorrow and I'm pissed I have to miss the card.

I ideally love the European cards as they generally tend to show at a reasonable hour for myself (UK) and sunday cards usually suck but luckily I have this week off work so I've got my monday night planned out - the event, with beer and some sort of spicy food

I normally wouldn't care about a Sunday show since I usually work from home on Monday anyway so I can still have some beers to enjoy it, but I have a cert exam this Monday so I'll probably have to be cramming instead of watching :(

Maybe I just work on Sundays? Saturday cards are the best. I've been watching MMA for 10 years I know that fights are on Saturdays you idiot. Way to state the obvious. Did you know that apples are red?

You took the time and energy to start a thread, whining about fight cards being on Sunday. For one, this is a less than stellar card. Two, you do get to enjoy most cards. I am glad that it works out for you that way. IF this card is that important to you, take the day off then. Most people don't work Sundays. Sorry that you have to. I am glad all the UFC fans that work Saturday nights are not on here whining. Even though they have a better case to do so than you.

Don't start threads if you are so sensitive and fragile to have someone point out the obvious to you. The message was that the UFC/Fox programming does not revolve around you, in case that was not obvious to you.

By the way, not all apples are red.

Nope, I just record them for later view regardless of the day and time. And avoid MMA sites if I don't want spoilers until I watch. I enjoy MMA, but it's not essential that I watch it in real time.

You took the time and energy to start a thread, whining about fight cards being on Sunday. For one, this is a less than stellar card. Two, you do get to enjoy most cards. I am glad that it works out for you that way. IF this card is that important to you, take the day off then. Most people don't work Sundays. Sorry that you have to. I am glad all the UFC fans that work Saturday nights are not on here whining. Even though they have a better case to do so than you.

Don't start threads if you are so sensitive and fragile to have someone point out the obvious to you. The message was that the UFC/Fox programming does not revolve around you, in case that was not obvious to you.

By the way, not all apples are red.

giphy.gif

I'll be watching Summerslam so yeah , it'd been nice if was on tonight instead.

Do you get a cheaper rate on PPVs or Fight Pass or is it the same where you are.

I'm in the Netherlands, the Fox cards are free, the PPV's are 8 euro, so about 10 dollars. But it's impossible to do because it ends around 6 AM.

Dont mind them once in a while, you dont see them during NFL. Only reason its on Sunday I believe is because there is a CFL game or something up there tonight and thats a huge deal so they werent gonna compete with that so they went with Sunday instead.

That way Sunday isn't bad. But now it's on monday morning and people have work :icon_conf

I'm usually hung over so my sunday is spent in bed the whole day watching fights. If the results aren't spoiled by people around me or social media. That is the only sucky thing.

I don't like your world, and I feel sorry for you that events start so late for you. I mean, what time does the main event start over there in the UK?

So weird and awful that Zuffa does that to you guys.

Main card is around 3-4 AM and goes on untill it's done, 6-7 AM.
I'm just glad I can see the fights, pretty happy with Zuffa

Yea but you can stay up and watch it then go to sleep the rest of Sunday, or you can go to sleep normally and then watch it a number of ways when you wake up.

This way, most people here can't watch it live since they have to go to work, and they can't go to bed then get up and watch it since they have to go to work, and will probably spoiler it during the day then not bother watching (or watch later but MUCH less exciting when you know what will happen).

It's hard dodging results, I usually turn off my phone so my friends or social media doesn't spoil it. And they spoiled a lot of great fights, fuckers.

It's hard dodging results, I usually turn off my phone so my friends or social media doesn't spoil it. And they spoiled a lot of great fights, fuckers.

I'm surprised that adults still like watching that wwe crap. I remember when i found out that wrestling was fake at 10, that's when i stopped giving a shit about it.

Back