Anybody spending Christmas alone?

I'm not gonna be alone, but I guess I'll be with strangers. Gonna be spending Christmas on a plane.

Because movies, food, alcohol, smokeable drugs (lol guy is a cop like he's going to do that) is what life is all about.

OT means more cash to do something meaningful on weekends with the kid and or on paid vacation. You don't need money for that anyway but it helps.
Yeah I'm sure no cops ever touch a drink or use any type of drugs. :rolleyes:

Anyway he didn't mention being pressed for cash, the holidays are a nice time of year to take a little break.

<Fedor23>

I’m working Christmas Eve and Christmas day, and I’m going to get paid $540 for it !

I will be spending time with my family later on in the week.

Take a day off, watch some movies you like. Eat good food, have some beers or a toke or whatever you're into.

Everyone needs a break here and there.
That's my other plan. May just chill, drink some beers, eat some good food and go to the movies.

Gonna be my gfs family and my obnoxious drunken cousin this year. Gonna be interesting haha

I'll be spending Christmas Eve alone, unless I wander out to a bar.

Christmas Day the clan is gathering at my father's place.

X-mas eve we are having family diner and early x-mas as my sisters are going off for the holidays.

maybe see a movie with the parents x-mas day or find a starbucks that is open and go have a coffee.

Or maybe watch horror movies all day then visit family in the evening.

When I used to drink boxing day (and a few days after) would be alcohol (bender) time.

Nowadays, just mellow out. Wanna go get some new furniture (bed, couch, and a new tv and tv stand).

Gotta get motivated to go shopping for x-mas gifts right now (want to stay in because x-mas crowds are annoying - but gonna take some CBD oil and venture out).

I also wish I was going to be alone. But then I felt a little better knowing that I at least won't have to suffer being around FIFTEEN FUCKING PEOPLE.

Who thought this was a good idea? Sounds like the fucking worst.

So, Christmas used to involve me remaining completely sober and driving my wife and her sister around the greater metropolitan area so we could go to their step sister’s house, followed by driving to my dad’s house, then later to my cousin’s house. And we skipped my mom’s house.

So I thought if we hosted Christmas, I wouldn’t have to do all that driving. It would be good except their step family all comes out and they are pretty annoying. If it was just my dad’s side of the family along with my siblings, it would be great. But this is the last year we are hosting. I’d rather chauffeur everyone around.

I also wish I was going to be alone. But then I felt a little better knowing that I at least won't have to suffer being around FIFTEEN FUCKING PEOPLE.

Who thought this was a good idea? Sounds like the fucking worst.

Well if its 15 fucking people we know there must be at least one 3some going on.

Christmas used to involve me remaining completely sober

tenor.gif

Nah seeing both the in laws and my family, we love Xmas. My mother in law is a royal pain in the ass but the rest are cool.

I hear such mother in law horror stories. I got lucky, mine is awesome. Only started getting slightly annoying as she is older now, and most old people are a little annoying. My buddies Mother in Law is such a bitch to him, and his wife refuses to acknowledge it....He practically supports her too.

I’ll be spending it at a friends house. Bought his daughters various unicorn presents since that’s what’s popular I guess. The highlight will be the gift we got for his neighbors son.

10 year old who’s dad bailed when his mother was pregnant and has no father figure. We take him out to scope out hunting spots and to the rifle range. Good kid.

I bought a takedown 10/22 a few years ago but never use it. My buddy got some electronic muffs, a cleaning kit, and a 1000 rds of ammo. we’re going to text his mother that Santa accidentally dropped one of his gifts at the wrong house.

Got all of it individually wrapped and put into one big box. Can’t wait to see the look on his face. His mother doesn’t make much so it should be the nicest gift he’s got in a while. Feels good:)

Always, despite the fact that I'll be amongst people.

5. Solitude

I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of the time. To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and dissipating. I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are for the most part more lonely when we go abroad among men than when we stay in our chambers. A man thinking or working is always alone, let him be where he will. Solitude is not measured by the miles of space that intervene between a man and his fellows. The really diligent student in one of the crowded hives of Cambridge College is as solitary as a dervish in the desert. The farmer can work alone in the field or the woods all day, hoeing or chopping, and not feel lonesome, because he is employed; but when he comes home at night he cannot sit down in a room alone, at the mercy of his thoughts, but must be where he can "see the folks," and recreate, and, as he thinks, remunerate himself for his day's solitude; and hence he wonders how the student can sit alone in the house all night and most of the day without ennui and "the blues"; but he does not realize that the student, though in the house, is still at work in his field, and chopping in his woods, as the farmer in his, and in turn seeks the same recreation and society that the latter does, though it may be a more condensed form of it.

Society is commonly too cheap. We meet at very short intervals, not having had time to acquire any new value for each other. We meet at meals three times a day, and give each other a new taste of that old musty cheese that we are. We have had to agree on a certain set of rules, called etiquette and politeness, to make this frequent meeting tolerable and that we need not come to open war. We meet at the post-office, and at the sociable, and about the fireside every night; we live thick and are in each other's way, and stumble over one another, and I think that we thus lose some respect for one another. Certainly less frequency would suffice for all important and hearty communications. Consider the girls in a factory -- never alone, hardly in their dreams. It would be better if there were but one inhabitant to a square mile, as where I live. The value of a man is not in his skin, that we should touch him.

Henry David Thoreau: Walden

I dont celebrate it every year. I don't believe in it, and feel fake acting happy for a full 30 days straight. Its like the whole world turns into Broadway actors for a month. Especially my unhappy family. So it's a spread of guilt and suppressed emotions every year. I like sitting it out.

I hear such mother in law horror stories. I got lucky, mine is awesome. Only started getting slightly annoying as she is older now, and most old people are a little annoying. My buddies Mother in Law is such a bitch to him, and his wife refuses to acknowledge it....He practically supports her too.

That’s fucked for your buddy man. My MIL is basically a selfish cunt, but good thing my wife hates her as much as I do so we don’t put up with her much. She’s staying at the same caravan park as us this summer though, that’s gonna suck.

Back