anybody seen Leave The World Behind?

I only want to see it because I enjoy end of the world/post apocalyptic stuff. I didn't even know Obama had anything to do with this until people got mad about the racist black wife.

Except that it's not his wife...

I only want to see it because I enjoy end of the world/post apocalyptic stuff. I didn't even know Obama had anything to do with this until people got mad about the racist black wife.
If you watch the movie the opening credits list Obama's , it's hard to miss

Except that it's not his wife...

I didn't know I just assumed it was his wife they were talking about. My whole point is that scenario is the only reason I know about Obama being involved.

She was scared and asked him for comfort.

Scene immediatly before the entire white family is sharing a bed for the same reason.

Apocalyptic and shit.
And her first thought if shit pops off is don't trust whitey? Well her second thought. Her first thought is apparently to crawl in her father's bed?

The whole things sounds retarded. I NEED COMFORT! PROMISE ME YOULL NEVER TRUST THE WHITES!

Whatever racist bitch. I guess I don't see why it needs to be a scene at all? Unless she learns white people are OK later or she dies being a racist cunt it's totally unnecessary.

Anyways I'm not watching this garbage especially if it lined Obamas pockets. Lots of blood on that man's hands and people act like he's jesus.

I didn't know I just assumed it was his wife they were talking about. My whole point is that scenario is the only reason I know about Obama being involved.

I didn't know until the opening credits, and based in the trailer and that it was on Netflix I was already wary...

...that said, very little woke fuckery. The annoying characters (white and black) are annoying because they're naturally relatable, the likeable characters (white and black) are the same.

The movie points out the shittyness and goodness of people when things fall apart.

Also Julia Roberts was the main producer, so I blame her for some of the cheesy shit...

...and the movie is based on a novel, so would be interesting to see the source material.

And her first thought if shit pops off is don't trust whitey? Well her second thought. Her first thought is apparently to crawl in her father's bed?

The whole things sounds retarded. I NEED COMFORT! PROMISE ME YOULL NEVER TRUST THE WHITES!

Whatever racist bitch. I guess I don't see why it needs to be a scene at all? Unless she learns white people are OK later or she dies being a racist cunt it's totally unnecessary.

Anyways I'm not watching this garbage especially if it lined Obamas pockets. Lots of blood on that man's hands and people act like he's jesus.

It wasn't her first thought, watch more than a short video with literally no context.

Watch the movie or the whole scene...I don't have the time to break it all down.

I vote Red but damn, some of ya'll are as quick to jump on the outrage train without seeing any facts for yourself and letting others make your emotional decisions just like your blue haired soy chugging counterparts.

Be better.

It wasn't her first thought, watch more than a short video with literally no context.

Watch the movie or the whole scene...I don't have the time to break it all down.

I vote Red but damn, some of ya'll are as quick to jump on the outrage train as your blue haired soy chugging counterparts.

Be better.
If that scene doesn't lead to character development of some sort its just unnecessary race baiting. That's not debatable. The movie may not be about that. I really don't care.

I'm not watching the movie. Obama is a literal monster dude. His drone program was pure insanity. He bolstered slave trade in Africa and this movie makes him money. Fuck this movie.

It's called having principles man. Some people won't give them up to see what the Netflix fuss is about. Fuck anything that helps that war criminal.

A lot of people in the war room are real upset about it, they haven't actually seen it but that ain't gonna stop em from hating it anyways

I remember people getting upset about Frozen, because prince charming was a greedy title stealing ho and the overall message was that love can overcome fear.

"Love overcoming fear? That's Disney pushing their woke gay agenda."

This outrage was brought to you by the same people who thought too many black people were cast in Black Panther.

There's plenty of movies with racist white people saying racist things...and the racists are meant to be unliked....

...just like the racist daughter is an unlikeable privileged brat in the movie...
Julia Roberts character is written like the Sandra Bullock character from crash. I was laughing in the first 30 minutes when she came off with the "you people" talk. If it was more subtle it would have been effective. Ethan Hawke literally gives a speech at the end that seems like it was pulled from last months south park special about how hes a worthless man who cant do anything himself. It was hilarious.

If that scene doesn't lead to character development of some sort its just unnecessary race baiting. That's not debatable. The movie may not be about that. I really don't care.

I'm not watching the movie. Obama is a literal monster dude. His drone program was pure insanity. He bolstered slave trade in Africa and this movie makes him money. Fuck this movie.

It's called having principles man. Some people won't give them up to see what the Netflix fuss is about. Fuck anything that helps that war criminal.

That's fine, give your money, or don't to whomever, I respect that, but you don't have much of a leg to stand on debating points and themes of a movie if you refuse to watch it.

Julia Roberts character is written like the Sandra Bullock character from crash. I was laughing in the first 30 minutes when she came off with the "you people" talk. If it was more subtle it would have been effective. Ethan Hawke literally gives a speech at the end that seems like it was pulled from last months south park special about how hes a worthless man who cant do anything himself. It was hilarious.

Yes but GOAT Bacon proving liberal college professor "modern men" are next to worthless without their fancy toys.

Nope. But it looks too woke for me.

I don't keep up on these terms. What makes it 'woke'?

We watched A Boy Called Christmas, decent movie. Was weird when the 3 little black girls aunt came to babysit, and she was lilly white. Is that woke?

I don't keep up on these terms. What makes it 'woke'?

We watched A Boy Called Christmas, decent movie. Was weird when the 3 little black girls aunt came to babysit, and she was lilly white. Is that woke?
I assume as soon as a certain crowd heard the Obamas were involved then those opinions are predetermined. As far as I can tell the only thing that people can bitch about is the one video someone already posted in this thread, and I guess Julia Roberts character basically acting like she couldn't believe the two black characters would own/live in that type of house. It's such a stupid thing to get hung up on. Too many people just want to be pissed off these days and will look for anything to bitch about.

Back