Anybody order boxing DVD's off the web?

Yeah i've bought a few sets off there before. It's legit. Quality and service is good and shipping is fast even to Australia.

I just bought James Toney's Career on DVD. All 3 Mccallum fights, rjj, and barkely. 55 fights on 18 cds. Woot.

Sounds like a good site. I might try to get something off of there.

Yeah i've bought a few sets off there before. It's legit. Quality and service is good and shipping is fast even to Australia.

Looks a great site, thanks TS.

Are the DVD's region 1 btw??

Well I just had to get Mickey Ward's set from that site. Its my Dad's birthday and he is one of his fave fighters.

Ill let you guys know how the service and delivery goes. The prices are great though, so I'll probably order more from them.

I prefer ebay but there you go. Im british so the only other place other than ebay I'd recommend is soucesboxing

I guess but my 55 year old dad isn't going to look for torrents of some of his old fave fights.

Plus installing a bit torrent client on my dad's comp isn't much of a gift. :)

I've ordered 2 different Career Sets off of Ebay from 2 different people. But one thing similar about both Career Sets was that they were both originally from CustomizeDVDs.com. Seems like a lot of people like ordering from his website then reselling his DVDs. I've also ordered the Morales-Barerra Trilogy on Ebay and the fights had no ring walks, no footage after the final bell, and not even the 1 minute between rounds was shown. I don't know if it's just me but I'm 0 for 3 with good Ebay experiences when it comes to Boxing DVDs. I'd much rather buy from a private seller with an actual website displaying his entire collection. It's usually way more reliable. There are a few frauds out there but you can usually tell who they are just by looking at their list. I mean there's fighters out there like Julio Cesar Chavez who started off on small shows in a foreign country that probably weren't even filmed and someone tried swearing to me that he had Chavez's entire career. You can just look at Margarito's and Mayorga's record on BoxRec and probably tell which fights are out there and which fights aren't just by looking at the Arena in which their fights were at. You see "Jarrel's Gym" or "Ron's Club House" it's probably not out there. Yet if you see a fight at MGM Grand or The Arrowhead Pond it's safe to say those fights are afloat, unless they were a Prelim.

I've ordered 2 different Career Sets off of Ebay from 2 different people. But one thing similar about both Career Sets was that they were both originally from CustomizeDVDs.com. Seems like a lot of people like ordering from his website then reselling his DVDs. I've also ordered the Morales-Barerra Trilogy on Ebay and the fights had no ring walks, no footage after the final bell, and not even the 1 minute between rounds was shown. I don't know if it's just me but I'm 0 for 3 with good Ebay experiences when it comes to Boxing DVDs. I'd much rather buy from a private seller with an actual website displaying his entire collection. It's usually way more reliable. There are a few frauds out there but you can usually tell who they are just by looking at their list. I mean there's fighters out there like Julio Cesar Chavez who started off on small shows in a foreign country that probably weren't even filmed and someone tried swearing to me that he had Chavez's entire career. You can just look at Margarito's and Mayorga's record on BoxRec and probably tell which fights are out there and which fights aren't just by looking at the Arena in which their fights were at. You see "Jarrel's Gym" or "Ron's Club House" it's probably not out there. Yet if you see a fight at MGM Grand or The Arrowhead Pond it's safe to say those fights are afloat, unless they were a Prelim.

Excellent post. I hadnt even thought of checking out the legitimacy of a seller by, like, using common sense. Definitely will in the future. Thanks!

these vendors will cut parts of the night out in order to save on cost.

Always beware

Ok my experience with Boxing Junkies has been great. The majority of the time the fights do not include the intro unless it is a big fight but always have the post fight celebration/interview. All of the fights are chapterted and have a definitive ending. But in saying that nearly every career set i've bought does have ring introductions and post fight interviews. Some of the fight footage is rather poor (using Roy Jones Jr. as an example) but in the long run the non televised bouts is better in poor quality than non at all (his early fights in Pensacola not the HBO televised stuff). All in all i have been very happy with the quality of footage and even the grainy footage is a joy to watch (have a couple of beers).

Back