Anybody interested in seeing Frank Mir vs Alistair Overeem?

Adamant

Adamantium Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I think it would be nice if someday these two got matched up together. I mean, Mir has the potential to be a tough fight for anyone.

..................................MIR vs OVEREEM..................................

frank-mir-stand-skateparks-2009-benefit-tony-bkTrks.jpg
vs
Alistair-Overeem-Charged-With-Misdemeanor-Battery.jpg

Last edited:
Overeem needs to get annihilated by JDS first, if he can get past Bigfoot.

as far as how Mir/Overeem would go, depends on who lands first

Overeem seems to still be waiting on an opponent, and Mir pulled out of his fight with Cormier for an injury in September. I'm not sure what kind of an injury it was, or how badly it affected him, but one would hope it wasn't serious and that he could be back soon. If that's the case, Overeem's suspension is supposed to up here sometime soon too. If he desides to fight right away instead of waiting for the winner of JDS/Cain, then matching him up against Mir would be perfect. They're both coming back from long layoffs since their last fights and both guys are near the top of the division. I'd certainly love to see it.

..................................MIR vs OVEREEM..................................

frank-mir-stand-skateparks-2009-benefit-tony-bkTrks.jpg
vs
Alistair-Overeem-Charged-With-Misdemeanor-Battery.jpg

Mir just got beat, Joe Silva doesn't like matching up guys coming off of one side beatings with someone who is one fight away from a title shot.

That said, I like this either way because:

1 - Reem lays Mir out

or

2 - Mir breaks one of Reem's arms off

I'd be happy as I don't really like the pair of them.

Last edited:
Mir could leave with one of Reems limbs or get brutally knocked out trying.

Would be exciting. WAR MIR

Reem is fighting bigfoot. Then fighting for the belt after. Looking forward to watching Mir fight again though.

What happened to Bigfoot?

Mir would get smushed. Overeem wouldn't jump in his guard Mir is not taking him down so it will be fought on the feet. He will destroy Mir's face.

Reem is fighting bigfoot. Then fighting for the belt after. Looking forward to watching Mir fight again though.

You are looking past Bigfoot and these days you can't do that, Bigfoot could pull out the upset and spoil Reem's title hopes.

Hell yes. Seeing Mir getting brutalized is always a good thing.

Easy KO victory for Reem, would look like the JDS fight except quicker and more brutal.

Mir can't take much punishment nowadays and Reem would crush his face. Bad matchup IMO unless you want a 1st round TKO headlining a card.

No, Mir would get KO'd so fast that it wouldn't be a good show, and it isn't healthy. I'd rather see Mir vs Werdum.

as far as how Mir/Overeem would go, depends on who lands first

you're serious? who lands first? you really give Reem just a punchers chance?

i'd bet on an Overeem KO -- faster, stronger and just better all around

would be a sweet matchup

Always excited to see Mir get KTFO so yeah, I would be up for that.

Yeah it would be good. But I see Overeem smashing his way through Mir quite easily. Lesnar wasn't able to take him down or Werdum(his last two fights). Overeem's striking is better than Mir's and Mir doesn't do well against hulk like people. Well it least not Lesnar or Carwin.

I'm not too excited by this matchup. I don't think Mir has anything for Reem - he can't take him down so he gets viciously beaten on the feet. Reem (T)KO in the first.

Mir will not be able to take Overeem down. Mir is not a coward so he would fight Overeem and not flop to the ground and act dead oppossum like Werdum.

Overeem wins by KO round 1 and would love to see that fight.

you're serious? who lands first? you really give Reem just a punchers chance?

the fact that you actually need this clarified is frightening.

Mir won't take Overeem down. Overeem wants to stand up. Mir's chin is average and so is Overeem's. both have big power. so it depends who lands first.

you also don't know what "punchers chance" means at all.

i'd bet on an Overeem KO -- faster, stronger and just better all around

would be a sweet matchup

so you think it's a complete mismatch, yet it's a "sweet" matchup.

nice contradiction fool

Frank would pose a huge task for Reem no doubt , but I see this playing out like Carwin-Mir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back