Anybody have a GIF of Royce kneeing Ken in the balls?

Must be this one.
CsXYeJA.jpg

maybe thats the reason for the 10 second delay reaction

What fight were you watching? It was 2 to 2.5 seconds, which is about right for a delayed reaction to a nut shot that would quickly increase in pain.

If Ken had enough energy to freak out at the ref, he had enough energy to block his face.

Ken got kneed in the head when he buckled.

Go watch it again, if the knee caused the worse damage to the head, he would put his hands to his temple to defend further knees....NOT grab his nuts, leaving his temple exposed. Defending the body part where you just suffered the most damage is in general, immediate fighter instincts. That's why a common strategy is to go body then head on the same side because the hand will drop to defend the body.....if the body shot landed with good damage.

Gotta love that Royce Gracie logic. When he fought Ken in 1993 groin shots were legal.

When they fought in 2016 they were not, but Ken is from that era, and should be used to those rules. That's how the two of them were brought up in the sport.

Too bad nobody told Ken that they weren't fighting by the current unified rules of MMA. That little bit of information could have been useful...

It was a shitty fight. Another one won't be much different. Would rather see another Ken-Kimbo instead....no wait, no thanks. Kimbo vs. Dada .5000 was so gooood, haha.

The hype leading up to these 2 fights was way better. I'm glad Bellator made some money and so did Ken and Royce. Now Bellator needs to find another schtick.

I have certainly wore a cup, and I have only seen fighters react to direct hits, not a grazing. Sorry, but Ken got beat.

I have worn a cup, grazing shots hurt but anyway, that wasn't a grazing shot. His knee lands directly on his balls. I didn't know groin strike to knees was a legit way to end fights under the unified rules.

Just because a knee ends up near the waist, it doesn't mean it didn't destroy balls on the way through.

The knee won't just bounce back the way it came.

It is crazy to see some claim it didn't connect. The low blow couldn't be more blatant. Anyone that got hit there knows the pain increases before it decreases. What I see is a fighter getting hit in the nuts but the ref not stepping in to stop the fight so the fighter try's to act like he isn't hurt but seconds later ( as with most nut shots ) the real pain hits and he can no longer act not hurt.

Why didn't Ken React at all? Not until he lost the fight. Am I really supposed to believe the nut shot did it? We see fighters get hit all the time, they keep going if they are in danger, or they look to the ref if the ref didn't see it. I don't know if I've ever seen a fighter use this as an excuse like Ken is using it.

He did react.
Here is the problem, sometimes you want to muscle through a nut shot and keep fighting, but your scrotum will get caught by the lip of your cup and make it that much more painful.

When you are in a legit fight like this, you already have a delayed reaction to getting hit in the nuts. It's not some instant thing, unless you are looking for a way out.

He did react.
Here is the problem, sometimes you want to muscle through a nut shot and keep fighting, but your scrotum will get caught by the lip of your cup and make it that much more painful.

When you are in a legit fight like this, you already have a delayed reaction to getting hit in the nuts. It's not some instant thing, unless you are looking for a way out.

I can agree with this.

I just get the impression that Ken was looking for a way out. Hes experienced enough to know that if a ref missed the not shot he isn't going to listen to a fighter argue about after getting rocked and covering up while getting hammer fisted. At that point Ken was on his own. For him to act like it was the refs fault for stopping the fight, it looked to me like something a new fighter might do. It just didn't seem legit. It seemed like Ken got rocked and ttryd saving face or something. Idk.

I can agree with this.

I just get the impression that Ken was looking for a way out. Hes experienced enough to know that if a ref missed the not shot he isn't going to listen to a fighter argue about after getting rocked and covering up while getting hammer fisted. At that point Ken was on his own. For him to act like it was the refs fault for stopping the fight, it looked to me like something a new fighter might do. It just didn't seem legit. It seemed like Ken got rocked and ttryd saving face or something. Idk.

Well, because I think mainly everything you are seeing is a slo-mo replay. On real time, there was hardly anytime at all for the ref to even take action before the knee to the head lands. It was the perfect cover up.

Had the ref been in the line of sight, Royce would have been DQed, since Ken could not continue after the knee to the head. Something to think about.

A vetetan like Ken should know if you get a ball shot to back up and signal to the ref... make it obvious and they typically delay the fight. Ken just maintained and hoped the ref saw it and let Royce get him. Horrible instincts from Ken.

Back