Anybody have a GIF of Royce kneeing Ken in the balls?

The Gracie's and extremely dirty fighters. I've never liked any of them. They are bad for the sport.

Or maybe Ken was just hurt because he had been, ya know, kneed in the balls. You can still yell at people when you are kneed in the balls. You just can't move too well. Royce cheated, and the ref did a shit job. It's pretty clear.

Getting kneed in the balls to kneed in the cup covering your balls isn't even comparable. Getting hit in the cup can still hurt a lot, but you can definitely tough through it.

The knee to the nuts is legit. The way it affected him was to. Anyone that has been hit there before or seen someone that been hit should know that allot of the times the pain increases before it decreases. You get hit and it hurts... seconds later the real pain sets in. This is what I believe happened in this case. Ken gets a nut shot. It hurts but the ref doesn't step in. He try's to play like he isn't hurt but seconds later the real pain sets in plus he eats some more shots on top of that. Ken got screwed in this one. He might have not won anyways but his chance to do so was taking away from him because of that nut shot.

Why didn't Ken React at all? Not until he lost the fight. Am I really supposed to believe the nut shot did it? We see fighters get hit all the time, they keep going if they are in danger, or they look to the ref if the ref didn't see it. I don't know if I've ever seen a fighter use this as an excuse like Ken is using it.

It depends. Nut shots can vary, especially with a cup. It's not always the same damage and reaction based on where you get hit because the cup can shift and your nuts shifts inside the cup also. And there's definitely a delay reaction that can also vary, depending on each person and all other factors. The time frame looks legit, based on the when he started holding his nuts.

But for a big time, money fight....hell, any sanctioned fight even in the amateur level for $0 pay.....you should always want to Oscar Performance it out....to get the most out of it in penalties because the other guy is responsible for his strikes...and now he's weakened you (whether a little or a lot) from an illegal strike. Rules are rules.

3o6gb8NenlW1dzK5TW.gif

"Caught a bit of cup" thus illegal. Shamrock did lose and likely would have lost no matter what, but that was a low blow, even if it hits the waist line but the knee comes down to the cup, its still..illegal.
That cup was riding really high. I think it was clean.

You need to get your eyes checked, his knee lands right on Ken's groin. Also it sounds like you have never worn a cup in your life.

The knee might slightly graze his lowest abs on the follow through but it lands on his groin.

I have certainly wore a cup, and I have only seen fighters react to direct hits, not a grazing. Sorry, but Ken got beat.

Shamrock's creditability is so low you can't put anything past him...

Such as finding his way to take the dive, call foul, and try to cash in on the rematch.

He's stated he has money problems. The live was supposed to be close. Wouldn't surprise me if he bet on Royce to win.

Money is a strong motivator.

Are people really defending Royce? I like Royce, he's the guy that inspired me to take up BJJ, but this was just terrible. Dude was totally unapologetic, essentially alluded that he fouled Ken on purpose, and Ken definitely got kneed in the nuts. Royce, you can't just go around kneeing people in the balls during fights nowadays. It's 2016. If that's what you wanted to do, then don't agree to fight under the Unified Rules!

I'm thinking after 35+ years of "Horse Meat" Ken's nuts must be the size of peas but I do agree as you age,being 58 my nuts have dropped so much I don't have to buy cat toys anymore.

man, that was an unfortunate way to end that event... why did they use an inexperienced referee?

I'm thinking after 35+ years of "Horse Meat" Ken's nuts must be the size of peas but I do agree as you age,being 58 my nuts have dropped so much I don't have to buy cat toys anymore.

And you don't need anyone to tell you that your lawn needs mowing.

It was a genuine nut shot, but I've seen bigger nut shots get missed and guys still comeback from it.

I watched the event live on a big screen. Royce nailed Ken in the balls. There's no doubt about it.

I don't want to see a rematch, but I'm in disbelief that so many people are claiming that the knee wasn't illegal. It very clearly hit Ken's groin.

And yes, shame on Royce for saying that low blows aren't a big deal.

It was a genuine nut shot, but I've seen bigger nut shots get missed and guys still comeback from it.

Perhaps, but the rules are the rules, and each guy is different. Ken should have been allowed the time to recover.

Back