Anybody have a GIF of Royce kneeing Ken in the balls?

If Ken had enough energy to freak out at the ref, he had enough energy to block his face.

Ken got kneed in the head when he buckled.

Shamrock in a shady fight? Well who'd have thought that would happen.

You can tell who's never trained before from a lot of the comments in this thread. The shot was low and a delayed reaction is common for a nut shot.

several nut shots by royce
SD3AE8c.gif

Why didn't Ken React at all? Not until he lost the fight. Am I really supposed to believe the nut shot did it? We see fighters get hit all the time, they keep going if they are in danger, or they look to the ref if the ref didn't see it. I don't know if I've ever seen a fighter use this as an excuse like Ken is using it.

In fairness to Ken, Royce had wrist control on his left hand, which is why he didn't grab for his balls immediately after being hit like you would expect. In the end, he let go of Royce's head with his right hand to reach for his balls, but it came off as a delayed reaction by that point.

royce's answer was nice though that they come from time when there was no rules BUT it isn't the case nowadays, the ref fucked up big time (how can't you see such a huge nutshot from his position?) . This needs a rematch ^^

royce's answer was nice though that they come from time when there was no rules BUT it isn't the case nowadays, the ref fucked up big time (how can't you see such a huge nutshot from his position?) . This needs a rematch ^^
This was the rematch. Ken won the second imo. Thats what makes this so bad. I'm glad to see Ken has balls though.

This was the rematch. Ken won the second imo. Thats what makes this so bad. I'm glad to see Ken has balls though.
yeah i know this was their third fight, i ve seen them all; what i meant was this needs the rematch of the rematch of the rematch: 4th fight ^^ because of this contreversial stoppage. but i think this cost coker too much and the fight didn't seem to turn out as an exciting one so they probably won't do the 4th fight, at least under bellator

yeah i know this was their third fight, i ve seen them all; what i meant was this needs the rematch of the rematch of the rematch: 4th fight ^^ because of this contreversial stoppage. but i think this cost coker too much and the fight didn't seem to turn out as an exciting one so they probably won't do the 4th fight, at least under bellator
I wasn't implying that you didn't know this was their third. I can see how that came out that way. Coker would have to dig deep into his pockets for Royce to do it again. As much ridicule as this card will bring him, I doubt he does it again.

This is standard Gracie procedure, knee to balls, hold arms (so there's no physical admission of stoppage), then look dominant.

I just watched the fight a few more times...I can't see where the knee got him in the groin. I saw the one that got him in the head, just before he took him down... there were a couple more knees right prior to the take down, but the camera angle sucked.. Could have been one of those, but if so - why did he wait do long to bitch about it.

He definitely got hit in the balls. I don't think Royce hit him there on purpose. Ref fucked up. At the same time, there is a lingering suspicion Ken took a dive there to get another payday out of this.

I just watched the fight a few more times...I can't see where the knee got him in the groin. I saw the one that got him in the head, just before he took him down... there were a couple more knees right prior to the take down, but the camera angle sucked.. Could have been one of those, but if so - why did he wait do long to bitch about it.

It was the knee that hit right before the knee to the head. He didn't "wait so long", he reacted after about 1-2 seconds and he was calling out to the ref as he got taken down and ground and pounded.

Really surprised by the comments in this thread of people who don't think it was illegal or think that there was something strange about Ken's reaction.

It was the knee that hit right before the knee to the head. He didn't "wait so long", he reacted after about 1-2 seconds and he was calling out to the ref as he got taken down and ground and pounded.

Really surprised by the comments in this thread of people who don't think it was illegal or think that there was something strange about Ken's reaction.

I'll watch again.. I didn't see it.

Ken has fought tons of fights under the unified rules, so that's what he's used to. And neither he nor Royce ever took a hard groin shot in the early days--unless it happened to Ken in a fight in Japan. I didn't see all of those, but I've seen Ken and Royce's early UFC fights.
Severn punnched him solid in the (steel-cupped) pills in their first fight as the choke was sinking int.

Back