Anybody Has the Video of Cain Doing 50 Reps of Leg Extentions w 300lbs?

Those sure aren't Kettlebell swings, as they originate from the hips. He's doing some kind of a modified upright row. Keep in mind, upright rows can put immense pressure on your lower back and shoulders if you ever done them with heavy weights. So we are talking about a guy who has prior shoulder and back issues and this guy is having him swing real heavy weights around like that? Right after surgery. It's no wonder Cain has back injuries and shoulder impingements.
No, a momentum based upright row with a heavy-ass kettle-bell for high reps on a frequently injured fighter is GREAT coaching. - sarcasm

His coach is just trying to reinvent the wheel. He's one of those guys who follows trends. Kettlebell swings, tried and proven? No, I can modify them for wrestling, fuck a good hip hinge lets make it a bastardized partial squat + upright row.

Leg extension rep ranges figured out in peer reviewed literature? Nope. 50 rounds of an 'explosive' isolation/accessory movement at a high weight seems like the right idea to maximize performance. Because hypertrophy based isolation training! That's what a guy with bad knees needs!

Those swing were absolutely fine you moron

He was getting adequate hip extension (Which is really the actual purpose of the exercise)

Actually I'm a big advocate of deadstop bench presses off pins as an accessory. Even that being said, "lowering the bar 3 inches" is called a partial rep. But I'm sure you have no clue about what partials even are, nor anything in the strength and conditioning world really. Board presses are awesome BTW.

You're the guy who shrugs 225 slow and controlled with picture perfect form, and has no traps. While the smart guys understand that it's the stretch overload of the traps that can only come from heavy ass weight that builds big traps. This is why deadlifts and farmer walks build big traps, despite no shrugging component. The solution is power shrugs.

But then again, you've got no clue about any of this. Probably don't even understand the language I'm using.
You're still talking about working body parts like a fucking bodybuilder. You're a total moron. Gtfo

Those sure aren't Kettlebell swings, as they originate from the hips. He's doing some kind of a modified upright row. Keep in mind, upright rows can put immense pressure on your lower back and shoulders if you ever done them with heavy weights. So we are talking about a guy who has prior shoulder and back issues and this guy is having him swing real heavy weights around like that? Right after surgery. It's no wonder Cain has back injuries and shoulder impingements.
Lol reaching real hard here. You're basing these assumptions off two clips you clearly don't fully understand. Those are kettlebell swings. End of story. Upright rows don't have a hip extension component which is the whole purpose of the exercise. He simply fatigued a little. Not a big deal. Form broke down a little bit. Again. Not a big deal. He was clearly achieving adequate hip extension and kettle bell height. This is what happens whenever you go heavy on an exercise.

You're still talking about working body parts like a fucking bodybuilder. You're a total moron. Gtfo
Hip extension equates to bodybuilding? Start reading some essential strength and conditioning/exercise science texts. I suggest Supertraining by Dr. Mel Siff.. Or Science and Practice of Strength Training by Zatiorsky.

Oh wait, you probably get your info from your favorite youtubers. Lol.

Hip extension equates to bodybuilding? Start reading some essential strength and conditioning/exercise science texts. I suggest Supertraining by Dr. Mel Siff.. Or Science and Practice of Strength Training by Zatiorsky.

Oh wait, you probably get your info from your favorite youtubers. Lol.
Cain isn't getting any good hip extension in these video you stupid son of a bitch. Go read Thomas Myers anatomy trains you spastic

I don't know what the hell you're talking about, he's barely hinging enough to get an adequate hip pop, and it looks like he's using more his back than his hips. He's also clearly using his shoulders/back to bring the weight up higher, that's why his arms are bent. It isn't his hips or back that are making the weight go up that high. You can't convince anyone that that was a good swing, sorry bud. No one believes that you know what you're talking about, only you.

Edit: Also, the point of a kettlebell swing isn't to extend your hips, it's to pop your hips explosively. That's what makes the bell travel to the correct height and it's what gives your hips a good workout.
"Hip pop" isn't a real thing. It's called hip extension. Explosive hip extension. Pick up a text book you moron.

All arguments about weight lifting invariably end with one guy ignoring logic and saying....
8ea.jpg

"Hip pop" isn't a real thing. It's called hip extension. Explosive hip extension. Pick up a text book you moron.

Yeah, pick on my verbiage because you can't address the actual argument. Who gives a shit what the actual terminology is, you clearly understood what I was saying. Also, his hips still weren't doing shit lol.

Cain isn't getting any good hip extension in these video you stupid son of a bitch. Go read Thomas Myers anatomy trains you spastic
Read it. His Meridians theory is impressive, but not peer backed by the collaborative. Kelly Starrett has based a lot of his work off of Myer's. Supple Leopard. This isn't really bread and butter S&C, it's mobility. Two separate topics.

Yeah, pick on my verbiage because you can't address the actual argument. Who gives a shit what the actual terminology is, you clearly understood what I was saying. Also, his hips still weren't doing shit lol.
"His hips weren't doing shit" yet somehow he managed to magically arrive in adequate hip extension on every rep. How did his body do this? Maybe he used his hip extensors? Just maybe?

Hell, he achieves just as much hip extension as one does in a conventional low bar squat... bu bu bu somehow he's not working his hips?

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

"His hips weren't doing shit" yet somehow he managed to magically arrive in adequate hip extension on every rep. How did his body do this? Maybe he used his hip extensors? Just maybe?

Hell, he achieves just as much hip extension as one does in a conventional low bar squat... bu bu bu somehow he's not working his hips?

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

A lot of people use their lower back too much to aid in the swing, and you can tell by how much they hinge and how explosive their hips are. Just because they end at the fully extended position doesn't mean they were using their hips the right way. It was a shit swing, no two ways about it. You're a very special guy though, so I'm not sure this information will register with you.

Read it. His Meridians theory is impressive, but not peer backed by the collaborative. Kelly Starrett has based a lot of his work off of Myer's. Supple Leopard. This isn't really bread and butter S&C, it's mobility. Two separate topics.
People who don't back it only decline to do so because it would make most of their theories and practices rendered useless.

Heavy-loaded leg extensions cause displacement of the tibia, pushing it towards and creating a torsion force with the connective tissues of the distal patella. Chronic application will gradually wear away the connective tissues due to this torsion force.

I don't understand why people are bothered by this exercise.
It's the full video that gets most people. There aren't very many good reasons to justify doing 50 reps at 300lbs where Cain's essentially just bouncing the weight off of his legs and fully using momentum at one point (on a machine). It's not that it's terrible, it's that it's not good. You can make an argument, a bad one, that that programming could be effective - but I don't see how it'd be more effective than countless other types of training that could accomplish more or less the same thing. The trainer is just trying to be intentionally unconventional based on stuff that he's probably seen work for a couple guys imo.

All arguments about weight lifting invariably end with one guy ignoring logic and saying....
8ea.jpg
IKR?

Sometimes I just picture these guys all roided out rage hunting and pecking.

I wonder how many keyboards @STEVEN SEAGOLD goes through in a year.

Probably just little basement dwelling neckbeards typing 100 WPM.

Lol @ spazzy leg extensions contributing to kicking power more than working on technique, flexibility and bread an butter lifts and functional strength training.

Heavy-loaded leg extensions cause displacement of the tibia, pushing it towards and creating a torsion force with the connective tissues of the distal patella. Chronic application will gradually wear away the connective tissues due to this torsion force.
And this comes back to the basic understanding of exercising, stimulus and homeostasis. Any exercise can be bad if you do it too much. Bench too much and your shoulders internally rotated from the anterior pull of the pectorals and anterior delts, and your shoulder capsule and AC joint starts to impinge and grind away. Do too many heavy deadlifts and your discs will degenerate from the compressive forces along with the added neural adaptations of a heavy flexed spine.

Heavy leg extensions are fine, just like BTN presses or even upright rows. It's people who abuse them that give them a bad rep. It's all about balance in programming, around neural movement patterns and muscular balance.

IKR?

Sometimes I just picture these guys all roided out rage hunting and pecking.

I wonder how many keyboards @STEVEN SEAGOLD goes through in a year.

Probably just little basement dwelling neckbeards typing 100 WPM.

He's just might be one of those guys who is going off the old "If it works and it's in a book, it's good form". That's not really wrong, and even if you CAN make the justification that that type of programming CAN be good, doesn't mean it works in every case. There's a fair argument to make that we don't know the rest of Cain's program, but we do know that he spars heavy multiple times a week, wrestlers and grapples with regularity etc etc - There's no need to be doing sprints on a leg extension, whatever goal his trainer is trying to accomplish there can be accomplished otherways.

Well it's clearly not working, a good S&C program should help prevent injuries not possibly exacerbate them. What MIGHT work in theory for a noncompetitive lifter or even a power lifter does not work for an athlete that participates in full contact sports, and in Cain's case wrestlers and spars at a high rate multiple times a week. You can look at his kettlebell swings, and we can argue the merits of getting a full hip hinge to protect the back all day - but at points in that video, because he's swinging a weight too heavy too fast, he's coming forward on his toes, he's basically upright rowing and (again because of the weight) unable to control the weight on the way back down. BOTH of those are going to be unnecessary strain on the back, and latter is going to put the shoulder joint in harms way.

But like I said, his trainer is just trying to reinvent the wheel - check his bio, he has no real credentials outside of a S&C certificate he got relatively late in life, and being a big guy himself.
Even his intro reads as a broscience based guy who has zero self-awareness, I'm going to be skeptical about the merits of pretty much anything he shows me that's unorthodox.

Lol reaching real hard here. You're basing these assumptions off two clips you clearly don't fully understand. Those are kettlebell swings. End of story. Upright rows don't have a hip extension component which is the whole purpose of the exercise. He simply fatigued a little. Not a big deal. Form broke down a little bit. Again. Not a big deal. He was clearly achieving adequate hip extension and kettle bell height. This is what happens whenever you go heavy on an exercise.

What am I reaching for? Hopefully into your brain for a full course massage.

I don't understand, but you do? Lol. The most common Sherdog argument on here. I think you should cut that shit out and go directly to the argument instead. Those are definitely not Kettlebell swings. I'm sure Micheal Bisping with one eye could see that. Go ahead and post some video examples. As I already explained to you, Kettlebell swings emphasize using hip related movement. Whatever he is doing is not considered a Kettlebell swings. If it's because he's using heavy weights and it's causing him to break form, then he should probably reduce the weights.

Go ahead and post some videos on it with the exact movement.

Back