Anybody Has the Video of Cain Doing 50 Reps of Leg Extentions w 300lbs?

Nope.
You just probably might want to have someone who knows what they're doing teach you how to do it properly.
One set of slight form breakdown.

"IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!"

Honest question. Have you ever "grinded" a heavy single before?

Ever heard of Cheat rows? Cheat shrugs?

I won't bother.

Video 1: its DESTROYING his knee carthilage 100% sure.

Video 2: Its making sure hes getting some form of spine hernia because of the speed and lack of control because of the exessive weight.

Even if that's the way Cain routinely performs those exercises on a consistent basis...

You don't even know the rest of how his training is structured

You don't know how his movements, intensities, frequencies and volumes and balanced out

You've got no intel here to make those claims

Is a squat not a squat anymore if forms buckles under heavy load? Is a bench press still a bench press is bar speed decreases?

Lol

Well, if a guy is arching his back and flaring his knees outward while doing quarter ROMs with 500lbs, it's probably best for him to drop weight. But that's a whole another story. Someone like Cain Velasquez with a prior history of injuries, and being injury prone shouldn't be doing shit like that to minimize his risk for injury. Those videos were taken around the time he injured his shoulder twice on two separate occasions which needed surgery btw. Is it really a good idea to be working out like that when you are trying to rehab your shoulder? The coach is a complete idiot for knowing his injuries and then making him do shit like that.

Anyway, I am getting off topic here. Please direct me to a few videos with similar mechanical movements shown by Cain.

One set of slight form breakdown.

"IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!"

Honest question. Have you ever "grinded" a heavy single before?

Ever heard of Cheat rows? Cheat shrugs?

I won't bother.

Again, you're not even arguing - the points you've made in this thread aren't even in direct contrast to anything I said. You're just ranting, because you're convinced your point is 100% right. Infact the bestpoint you made, that it was athlete specific, is the crux of my argument. But you're ignoring that in favor of pressing your own point.

Alright. That's enough arguing with /fit/ bb misc type of strength&conditioning individuals. I'm not going to sit here all day and try to explain to you why squatting below parallel isn't dangerous for your knees, Behind the neck pressing isn't going to destroy your shoulder, good mornings aren't going to cause a slipped disc, atlas stone lifts with a rounded back isn't going to destroy your spine, etc etc.

Stop the exercise dogmatism. Everything's dangerous in the right context.

Alright. That's enough arguing with /fit/ bb misc type of strength&conditioning individuals. I'm not going to sit here all day and try to explain to you why squatting below parallel isn't dangerous for your knees, Behind the neck pressing isn't going to destroy your shoulder, good mornings aren't going to cause a slipped disc, atlas stone lifts with a rounded back isn't going to destroy your spine, etc etc.

Oh okay I get it
It was a troll job. A good one at that, I was legitimately confused for a minute.
Good show.

Yeah. But its kinda risky shit for a guy who get injured alot and often.
But we need more context. How often does he do this move? What's his total training programming looking like. How did his injuries actually occur? Is he recovering adequately. Too many questions we do not have answers to, thus we can't make definite claims about much really.

Again, you're not even arguing - the points you've made in this thread aren't even in direct contrast to anything I said. You're just ranting, because you're convinced your point is 100% right. Infact the bestpoint you made, that it was athlete specific, is the crux of my argument. But you're ignoring that in favor of pressing your own point.
Posterior chain overloading from heavy KB swings that mimic deadlifts don't have athletic carryover? Rethink that stance.

I'm out

8003316._UY400_SS400_.jpg
51Tkfvg18EL._AC_UL320_SR248,320_.jpg

P.S. Here are IMO the two best texts on strength and conditioning ever made. I suggest you guys read these. Will learn lots.

But we need more context. How often does he do this move? What's his total training programming looking like. How did his injuries actually occur? Is he recovering adequately. Too many questions we do not have answers to, thus we can't make definite claims about much really.

He get injured easy often and alot.

Thats enough reason to never get fancy in the weight room

There's actually nothing wrong with what he's got him doing. It's extremely advanced stuff. Explosive heavy leg extensions are commonly used for kicking related sports. It's an extremely specific exercise that has high specificity carryover to kicking in combat sports, and ball kicking.

Most of you guys don't have the experience in the strength and conditioning field to understand these things and concepts. And no, the squat bench and deadlift is not the be all end all. That's minimalist powerlifting programming/ideology for novices. Intermediate and advanced powerlifters alone use way more variations and accessories, which are SPECIFIC to their goals of improving the big three. You guys don't know anything.
Oh yeah? Everyone questioning the training of a talented fighter who's career is DEFINED by injury is just an idiot?

There may be no fighter in the history of MMA who's career went has been ruined by injury more than Velasquez.

Alrighty then. Looks like we can shut down the forum, guys. We just don't have enough info to discuss anything.

Guy who has several recurring injuries on video doing exercises in a way that would likely exacerbate them is just not enough for us to discuss at all.

Our combined knowledge of S&C, and especially how it applies to MMA is also clearly inadequate to even comment. I bet thatKid and I have 30 years (maybe more, I don't know because @thatKid doesn't brag) combined of fight training and S&C under our belts.

95% of T-Nation's TOP juiceheads wouldn't last 5 minutes in any modality of competitive combat with guys who train fighting at a high level. I know this because giant juicers come in all the time - once. They get tuned up on the feet and/or stuck in quarters on the mat, unable to move and treated like a grappling dummy and ... never come back. And it happens ALL THE TIME.

But, it's time to shut it all down. Nice knowing (most) of you.

Edit: to say nothing about @Frode Falch who is a pro fighter and smart guy.

Alrighty then. Looks like we can shut down the forum, guys. We just don't have enough info to discuss anything.

Guy who has several recurring injuries on video doing exercises in a way that would likely exacerbate them is just not enough for us to discuss at all.

Our combined knowledge of S&C, and especially how it applies to MMA is also clearly inadequate to even comment. I bet thatKid and I have 30 years (maybe more, I don't know because @thatKid doesn't brag) combined of fight training and S&C under our belts.

95% of T-Nation's TOP juiceheads wouldn't last 5 minutes in any modality of competitive combat with guys who train fighting at a high level. I know this because giant juicers come in all the time - once. They get tuned up on the feet and/or stuck in quarters on the mat, unable to move and treated like a grappling dummy and ... never come back. And it happens ALL THE TIME.

But, it's time to shut it all down. Nice knowing (most) of you.

Edit: to say nothing about @Frode Falch who is a pro fighter and smart guy.
l.o.g life

Found the 200 lb kettlebell swing vid

I didn't find it funny, just grabbed my lower back and shoulders through it.

Fucking ridiculous
Doesn't even look like a swing...
And that bum charges obscene amounts of money to "train under his expertise "

You sound like a roided out gym bro like the hodge twins.

Not a surprise at all that Cain is permanently injured give how idiotically he trains.

I still have a hard time believing that Joe Grasso makes a living doing this.

Back