Any version of Big Country would KO/TKO a prime Overeem

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Does Dana want Overeem out of the UFC? He must if he's setting him up against Roy. This is an exciting fight but it's a fight that will quickly end in the 1st round with a TKO/KO victory for Roy.

Overeem's never had a granite chin and Roy has granite fists and a granite chin.

If it wasn't for the victory over Mir, Overeem was looking at 3 KO victory losses in a row and a decision for him to stop fighting for his own health ala Chuck wouldn't have been a bad decision.

Well, this is goodbye for Overeem. Luckily this isn't a main event because it will be over quickly. Roy's 1 out of 4 wins in his last outings so Dana knows that Roy needs a win. And that's what Dana is giving him. They'll hype this as two huge strikers but in the end, we all know Roy is putting Overeem to sleep. I don't really think Dana wants Overeem out of the UFC, but he's definitely setting Nelson up for the win here. Even at his best though, Overeem wouldn't be beating Nelson. Overeem's chin, even in his prime wouldn't hold up to a Nelson overhand right.

I would've rathered Nelson/Barnett and Overeem/Mittrione but yeah it's hard for me to see this fight ending in anything other than Overeem getting KO'd...I doubt they will cut Reem though Bellator would benefit too much signing him

I do not like Overeem one bit but I actually think he can win this fight. By decision

Or he will brain fart and get KO'd in the 3rd.

Either one

Supereem would have killed Nelson. If Overeem now still has shit striking defense then lights out for Overreem.

Seemed like Roy was going to knock out Mir and Miocic too, sometimes things don't work out how people think they will :)

the same Roy who got knocked out by Arlovski? come on.

If Alistair can control and decision Mir then he should be able to do the same to Nelson. Nelson hasnt been looking too good lately and his chin can definitely be cracked. That iffy Overeem chin though..

I didn't know this fight was on! I'm excited

In his Prime Overeem had a very good striking defence. But today he forgot about it, maybe due to being ko'd a lot of times.

Cannot wait until Roy touches the Reem with that right. Love watching him getting KOd. It's fucked up, but it helps me sleep at night.

How would he go 3 rounds without getting caught?

I know at first thought, you'd think in your head that Roy will end it with that one hitter quitter that he posses but Overeem shouldn't have an issue controlling the range nor fighting inside because of his strong clinch game, He goes to the body pretty well too which isn't one of Roy's strengths.

In addition to that, it's not like Roy can abuse Reems cardio, his is just as bad.

Not sure here

Usually I know which fights he wins or loses

But I got to wait a bit

I know at first thought, you'd think in your head that Roy will end it with that one hitter quitter that he posses but Overeem shouldn't have an issue controlling the range nor fighting inside because of his strong clinch game, He goes to the body pretty well too which isn't one of Roy's strengths.

In addition to that, it's not like Roy can abuse Reems cardio, his is just as bad.

Roy didn't get KO'd by JDS and got best up everywhere including the clinch and still hung tough.

Roy will finish this one. Not just because of his hands but because of Overeem's chin or lack thereof.

Gonna bump this thread to feed you crow when Overeem rocks and submits Nelson in the first BUT at the same time I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't gonna put vcash on Nelson.

Reem has everything over Roy. Except chin by HUGE amounts and will.

I pick Big Country for the ko in the 1st. He's good at finding the chin and Reems chin sucks.

If not I bet his big belly outlasts Reems muscles for the late KO.

If Big Country lands that overhand right flush, I worry Reem might fall down dead.

Back