Any Fighter who has potential to beat Jon Jones?

lhw: no one

Hw: ngannou, stipe, volkov

Theres a reason he only fights at lhw
oops
gettyimages-jon_jones-ufc214-7d85a6af-ae00-40c2-8ec8-f24a8ea2dde8.jpg

I believe he is stronger at HW and depleted himself to make LHW.

Also, it would require honest testing, cause Jones on juice is almost unstoppable.
strange Cormier said he was in the best shape of his life at LHW

I wonder why the juice didn't work for Cormiers opponents, Big Foot, Henderson, Mir or Barnett .

Then why take it in the first place? It's called PERFORMANCE ENHANCING for a reason.
I think Jones has self confidence issues and the steroids are his security blanket, sort of a false sense of security but whose to say really.

Obviously they help with recovery so he can train harder but my issue with the "it's only the roids" narrative is having watched so many of my buddies do them over the years. Yeah, they all achieved short term gains but of the 15 or so examples only 1 maintained his gains because he also had the work ethic and discipline to work hard on top of taking them.

Steroids will do very little for you with out also having an insane work ethic and dedication and even then only 1 in 1000 will ever come close to being a Jon Jones.

Yeah, the roids take some of the shine off what he's accomplished but the fact the 100s of others we've also seen fail tests with only 1 becoming Jon Jones makes the "Without the roids so and so beats him easy" narrative seem highly improbable. It's pretty clear the guy has a very rare natural talent that is the most important factor in his accomplishments.

That's my take on it anyway for whatever it's worth.

I wonder why the juice didn't work for Cormiers opponents, Big Foot, Henderson, Mir or Barnett .
I dont get your point.
You really trying to argue that juicing doesnt make you better in any sense?

Ofc Jones is just one of the best fighters ever. Doenst mean the roids had no effect on his performance

Well, Barnett and Vitor have held major titles and were elite fighters for over a decade.

Jones and DC are so close in skill level. It's a really close fight for both. This is a game of inches and Jon has that extra chemical advantage. He failed his drug test for steroids in the rematch with DC, he failed for anti-estrogen when he was matched up with DC at UFC 200 and his testosterone levels were extremely suspicious in the first fight with DC. When both guys are so high level and are very evenly matched, it's a huge difference maker when one has nuclear piss.

0d12b8b57f3b1a7369e6ff2356dfeaae.jpg
Vitor earned his belt through a random eye scratch and was promptly beatendown in the rematch so I don't really count it. Barnett is similar having been immediately stripped of his title and never regaining it.

Sure, they've stayed close to the top but they've never had overly long streaks of dominance or appeared unbeatable for sustained periods like Jon has.

As for Jon and DC being so close I disagree. In the first fight Jon intentionally gave DC exactly the fight he wanted and gave him his best chance to win taking the fight easily. Jon has clearly proven he's superior to DC in every aspect of the game including the area DC is head and shoulders above 95% of fighters in the sports history.

DC is a great fighter but he's more than just a hair behind Jones imo. I think getting beat at his own game as well as KOed while never having Jon in any real comprising situations makes that pretty clear.

Sorry I don't have hope for Dominick Reyes, who should've fought Gus or Thiago first. He's young and inexperienced. He relies on his left hand for KO. Similar to Conor Mcgregor's strategy. But Jon Jones has a great chin.
Anderson had a great chin heading into Weidman fight ....shit happens

Reyes has plenty of potential to win since he's still undefeated. We saw with Lando Vannata when he was undefeated how difficult it was for Ferguson to put him away, giving that first loss can be more difficult. Cormier lost 3-2 to Jones when he was also undefeated.
Jones beat Dc 4-1

Cause Jones is a better fighter and is probably, on better juice, cause he has more money.

I dont get your point.
You really trying to argue that juicing doesnt make you better in any sense?

Ofc Jones is just one of the best fighters ever. Doenst mean the roids had no effect on his performance

My bad, I conflated another post w yours.

I think Jones has self confidence issues and the steroids are his security blanket, sort of a false sense of security but whose to say really.

Obviously they help with recovery so he can train harder but my issue with the "it's only the roids" narrative is having watched so many of my buddies do them over the years. Yeah, they all achieved short term gains but of the 15 or so examples only 1 maintained his gains because he also had the work ethic and discipline to work hard on top of taking them.

Steroids will do very little for you with out also having an insane work ethic and dedication and even then only 1 in 1000 will ever come close to being a Jon Jones.

Yeah, the roids take some of the shine off what he's accomplished but the fact the 100s of others we've also seen fail tests with only 1 becoming Jon Jones makes the "Without the roids so and so beats him easy" narrative seem highly improbable. It's pretty clear the guy has a very rare natural talent that is the most important factor in his accomplishments.

That's my take on it anyway for whatever it's worth.
Of course he has talent. I believe he'd still be champion, but I question if he would continue to dominate and remain undefeated. Talent matters the most since there are bums out there who juice and can't achieve jack shit in their careers. However, it doesn't erase the question of "wtf are they doing in your body in the first place?"

No one at lhw is beating Jones, don’t be sad about it.

It amazes me that people think Jones is unbeatable when Gus and Santos came quite close without exactly being known as one of a kind monsters.

It's just statistically more and more likely for him to lose sooner or later the more he fights, either being slightly edged out on points or just getting clocked with a lucky shot that even his great chin can't withstand.

Of course he has talent. I believe he'd still be champion, but I question if he would continue to dominate and remain undefeated. Talent matters the most since there are bums out there who juice and can't achieve jack shit in their careers. However, it doesn't erase the question of "wtf are they doing in your body in the first place?"
I can't argue with you there my friend.

Back