Any current or former Conor haters rooting for him in the trilogy?

I've always rooted for him, because I can separate the outside the cage person from the fighter.

And as a fighter a Conor fight week is the most entertaining of any current fighter. From pressers and interviews to weigh-ins, staredowns and walkouts to the actual fight that will be fantastic entertainment win or lose.

I'm not rooting for him to impulsively test the left hammer on an old guy at the pub. Or the unavoidable and predictable collateral damage via dolly meets bus. Etc, etc.

But this Poirier rematch (it's not a trilogy, 1st fight too long removed with variables) is a turning point to straight entertainer or maintaining top fighter status. It's a big one.

I usually root for Conor just because I like his fighting style and I am Irish myself. However, not a fan of his antics.I still didn't think Jose Aldo deserved that verbal bullying treatment because Aldo is a descent person. You can like him as a fighter but maybe not as a person. I have a bunch of those in MMA because most have the mentality of a High School student.

It can flip in any instant… show conor slapping yur grandpa at the bar and you’ll want dustin to win but then wait a bit for that to cool off and then have Dustin do the “and newwwwwww” shtick after ego dick KOing an amateur in sparring” and then they want conor to win.

Yup, me. Dustin decided to go for money instead of a championship bout, can't respect it.

Hopefully Connor crushes him, people will forget about him in a month.
You are the epitome of a hypothetical clown. Conor didn’t go for money by fighting Mayweather instead of defending either of two belts until he was stripped of both?

Just admit you’re a Conor hugger.

200.gif

I wish we get a great fight, I dont care who wins. But Conor has a personality, he is very entertaining. I hope his career wont end.

How anyone roots for that human peice of crap after the last 5 or 6 years where has been exposed. He is not even remotely entertaining anymore used to be funny and witty but now he is just a cringe lord, excuse machine.

Mostly feel indifference towards him nowadays but I guess I will watch it, haven't watched an UFC event in a while

Are Conor haters the most sensitive fans in sports? I honestly wonder why they even follow combat sports. Imagine being shook by a man trash talking opponents and delivering some of the funniest lines in UFC history. So embarrassing.

You are the epitome of a hypothetical clown. Conor didn’t go for money by fighting Mayweather instead of defending either of two belts until he was stripped of both?

Just admit you’re a Conor hugger.

200.gif
Never been a fan of Conrat and am not one now, regardless Dustin deserves to be forgotten.

It's hard to care anymore, I just hope these guys put on a good fight. Watching an engaged Conor really is a sight to behold and he makes it look so slick too. At least in the bladed stance days

That being said I know a lot of casuals are still drawn to him for a variety of reasons charisma being one of them

Never been a fan of Conrat and am not one now, regardless Dustin deserves to be forgotten.
Big fan of Dustin but not of the immediate rematch. I get it, $$ talks. But a win over Conor will artificially inflate his legacy and standings at LW. Have Atleast 2 guys ahead of him but if he wins, the narrative will get silly regarding his LW status and possible LW GOAT status. But can’t blame the guy for doing it

I personally found him to be terrible for the sport.

Not a hater, but was pulling for Doostin on the last one. After the joy folks took in Conor's downfall, though, and this ridiculous counting out of him that's happening at the moment - while I'm not gonna actively root against Doostin this time - I'm definitely OK with whatever outcome.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back