Any current or former Conor haters rooting for him in the trilogy?

Never rooted for him before, and not going to start now. Enjoy his fights though.

Pretty genuine stuff here. I like it. I've always rooted for him, never liked him as a person, and also enjoy his fights.

I haven't always rooted for Conor. I like him as a fighter though. However, I'm rooting for him in the trilogy. I love a good comeback and I respect what he has done in the sport.

Pretty genuine stuff here. I like it. I've always rooted for him, never liked him as a person, and also enjoy his fights.
Yeah, I’m not a Conor “fan,” but the dude’s fights are major events, and he always pressures, comes forward, lands nasty shots, and looks for the kill. I can respect that.

I thought Poirier would win the rematch and I definitely believe that he will beat Conor again.

I don’t hate Conor, but I am not one of his many delusional nuthuggers. He did great things and was a phenomenal feather who didn’t put the time and effort to make a good move to lw. He also refused to evolve, his humongous ego and love for his buddies made him stay in his hometown McDojo. The fact that Coner got that far training with bums is a testament to his Gawd given talent. Unfortunately, lack of evolution and lack of hunger ( too much money) hurt him… the good ole MysticMac died in 2016.

Last edited:
Hahaha the biggest star who has brough more fans and money into the sport is bad for the sport? Just say you dont like him its fine man

He brought the worst kind of fans to the sport..TMZ loving ..drama nut suckers...

And he only brought the money to himself ...he did very little for the actual sport besides teaching champions how not to defend and ducking till a winnable fight appeared even if that meant going to another division to protect your record elsewhere lol..

Conor imo can finished Poirier early if he focused solely on full 5 minutes offense.

But I will rooting for Poirier regardless. At least that win bonus probably will be use for something good instead of some coke-hooker binge lol

I'm divided

Part of me wants him to win so it'll piss off everyone here. Part of me wants him to lose so Dana gets pissed off.

Dustin decide to take a payday after a hard fought career and and it rubs TS the wrong way so he roots for a guy who has done much worse.

giphy.gif

I'm rooting for him, only because I still don't think he's gotten the beating he deserves. Even this last fight where Poirier basically KO'd his bish a$s, he's still running at the mouth.

No. What i do appreciate about connor tho. Is his wins tend to be spectacular more often then not. But his losses are just as spectacular. He's provided some of the best shoop threads. So I'm hoping for a lost via finish.

He brought the worst kind of fans to the sport..TMZ loving ..drama nut suckers...

And he only brought the money to himself ...he did very little for the actual sport besides teaching champions how not to defend and ducking till a winnable fight appeared even if that meant going to another division to protect your record elsewhere lol..

Do you share your salary with your coworkers? No? But you getting a raise usually means those under you get a bump.. Khabib wouldn't be rolling it in if it wasn't for Conor. Same for half the guys he fought. There's a reason Dustin chose the Trilogy over a title shot. He might've brought the money to himself but other Elite champions and top guys are getting bumps and PPV points more so than 10 years ago because of all the eyes this guy brings. TMZ loving drama nut suckers or not those idiots buy PPVs.

I like Conor as a fighter as a person couldn't care less but I don't base my views on things that happen outside the cage (Unless it's warmachine level BS)

His underdog-ness is overcoming my disdain for him. I hate to admit it.....

FUCK HIM.

I'll be a hater until he's gone from the limelight.

That's wrong he brought money to other fighters as well. The fighters fighting him, and the fighters fighting in his cards with PPV points. Also gave other fighters an example on how to get paid more, which many fighters have been using to increase their pay. There is a reason why Conor is one of the most studied fighters by other fighters. Also why a lot of fighters imitate Conor in many ways - from his fashion, trash talking, and business moves in UFC.

Dustin gets paid win or lose.

He made the right financial decision for him and his family's future. Also his charity's.

Yep every since Doostin's douchery has become more apparent.
Wait, you think Dustin to be more of a douche than Conor? Not even gonna argue as I have not paid much attention to any "douchery" claims against Dustin... just curious if this is what you actually think.

Hahaha the biggest star who has brough more fans and money into the sport is bad for the sport?

Bad for the sport?
Nobody has brought more fans or money to the sport than Conor McGregor

I think that most people view what is "good for the sport" as meaning what makes it better for the fans... like, real fans, not casual come-and-go fans.
Since we fans are not getting the "extra" money he brings in, it is irrelevant. Many of us find that he dumbs down any MMA discussion with the droves of casuals that he brings. They can be quite annoying. Some are also sick of the WWE theatrics.
I can see why someone would think he is good for the sport, but hopefully this helped you understand why many think he is bad for the sport.

Everyone roots for Conor deep down
I like you dude, so don't take this the wrong way, but:
<Dany07>
Only time I ever root for Conor is when I stand to make money from it. If I have no money on the fight, I will always root against Conor with every level of my being.

Back