• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any advice for a new Mass Effect player.

lol when Geoff Keighly was the hero we needed but didn't deserve. The cringe lord himself owning some dumb feminist who didn't even play the game lmao..

That video is the cringiest thing I have seen in a while.

Figured it out, it's the Leigon.
Part of an early recruitment mod.
I guess I have to activate it or something? I'm probably going to wait to do it until i recruit Tali because I figure she will have something to say about it.

Oh scratch that 'Act 3' I just mentioned. That's completely unknown territory, but it was a big complaint that Legion joins your crew so late into the vanilla game.

I’ve played ME2 nearly 30x at this point but only on console or barebones on PC.

I need to try it modded on my next go around. That’s one of the few flaws I had with the game.

Getting Legion early on would be a game changer for sure.

Getting Legion early on would be a game changer for sure

Kinda-sorta. There's no interactive dialog for him in the early & mid game, but he may be as good of a 'soldier' squadmember as Zaeed.
need to try it modded on my next go around.
Besides the mini-games & plannet-scanning being removed, I'd be curious if there's an overhaul that brings ME3's gameplay into ME2.

I’ve played ME2 nearly 30x at this point but only on console or barebones on PC.

I need to try it modded on my next go around. That’s one of the few flaws I had with the game.

Getting Legion early on would be a game changer for sure.
This was my first time going all in and fully modding a game.
The process was pretty straight forward although I ran into some hiccups along the way that were my own fault for being a noob or not following instructions properly.
The texture mods are the most noticeable for me because the only way I have ever seen gameplay is people playing vanilla on YT. There are definite graphical improvements here.
All the small bug fixes, quality of life improvements, character movement, and narrative cohesiveness(uniform consistency and aesthetic stuff from ME2 and 3 brought to ME1.) would be noticed for sure by a longtime player.
I didn't go as far as adding the raytracing and shaders as the method was different and seemed more complicated.
Game has crashed a few times but not enough to frustrate me.
I put this link https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/1127 on page 3 I think.
If you click the spoiler tags under the games listed you can see all the mods that I installed for the MELE.

10/10 would mod again!

Also, space nipples.

Remember when that blue pussy got the entire industry in trouble, because a bunch of old people who never played the game alleged that ME1 had hardcore sex scenes? I remember laughing so hard at what the "news" outlets were trying to portray, and it was always the blue sex scenes they used to back up their invisible point. I believe it wasn't too far off of the "Hot Coffee" scandal, and they just had to scrape and claw for that non-existent controversy.

Years later...

"The Witcher 3" has full frontal and sex scenes. Scumbag media that had moved on to selling racism: "Meh, who cares?".

The hot coffee thing itself was ridiculous. It wasn't even accessible in game and no way was that worthy of a X rating, it was tame compared to what games have nowadays. That was back when the media assumed only kids played games and there were moral crusaders against sex and violence. Anyone remember this guy?

Anyone remember this guy?

He's 72 years old now, and when his death is announced I'm gonna be like...

R4GiC_.gif

The Xdefient release coupled with a double XP weekend has kinda shutdown my progress in ME2 right now.
I can't resist playing a FPS with my old ass friends right now.
Can't believe we're still shoving peoples shit in after all these years. We're well past 40.
Im going to get back to it soon.

The Xdefient release coupled with a double XP weekend has kinda shutdown my progress in ME2 right now.
I can't resist playing a FPS with my old ass friends right now.
Can't believe we're still shoving peoples shit in after all these years. We're well past 40.
Im going to get back to it soon.

Fun with friends in a FPS online multiplayer game >>>>>>>> Awesome 14 year old single-player game that's going to be there 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months, and 3 years from now.

{<redford}

My advice is, if you’ve already found Liara, level up her Singularity as fast as you can. When that is leveled up all the way, she can just life all the enemies into the air and you can shoot them.

But also have someone who has Overload leveled up.

Tech skills, like overload, work against robots. Biotic skills, like Singularity, work against organic enemies.

Damn, I wish I could wipe my memory and play through all the Mass Effects again. Even Andromeda was pretty dope. I really enjoyed it.

Also, read all the codex you can. It really gives you great background on everything that’s happening. It makes things interesting.

Well, it’s a series you can play through a few times. I know I have. And I always find something new each time.

ME2 & ME3 especially.

With ME1 there really isn't much you can do different after two playthroughs, paragon or renegade, besides doing the 3rd romance option and perhaps playing through as a different class... though the differences between the classes are weaker than in the sequels.

With ME2 the options expand significantly.
Six romance options, three each for MaleShep or FemShep.
The loyalty missions have Paragon and Renegade endings.
You can choose to recruit all squadmates or just the bare minimum, and pick & choose which ones you do their loyalty missions.
The classes have significant differences... strength & weaknesses.. over ME1.
And don't get me starter about the finale... @Your Salad hasn't got that far.
There's literally hundreds of ways that can play out.

Say what you want about ME3 and I'll probably agree to alot of it, but there's several ways to play through it as well.

I recently played through ME2&3, probably for the 4th time in the last two years and for the first time I had Tali as a romance option.
It was written far better than I expected.

ME2 & ME3 especially.

With ME1 there really isn't much you can do different after two playthroughs, paragon or renegade, besides doing the 3rd romance option and perhaps playing through as a different class... though the differences between the classes are weaker than in the sequels.

You can choose to recruit all squadmates or just the bare minimum, and pick & choose which ones you do their loyalty missions.

Say what you want about ME3 and I'll probably agree to alot of it, but there's several ways to play through it as well.

I recently played through ME2&3, probably for the 4th time in the last two years and for the first time I had Tali as a romance option.
After playing through ME 3 a few times now, I am convinced that it did not get a fair shake because of the ending. But the experience up until that point is just amazing.
Different conversations can be heard on the Citadel depending on what’s going on while you’re there. The atmosphere of the game is really eerie and perfect for the setting. I loved it.

And when ME 3 online was a thing, I played it a ton. It was actually very fun, though a bit limited.

ME2 & ME3 especially.

Plus didn't know this in my first play through.

You can bang Jack without it affecting the Miranda romance. So effectively from ME1: bang Liara > ME2: bang Jack and Miranda then finish off the trilogy by romancing and banging Liara again. It comes full circle.

After playing through ME 3 a few times now, I am convinced that it did not get a fair shake because of the ending. But the experience up until that point is just amazing.
Different conversations can be heard on the Citadel depending on what’s going on while you’re there. The atmosphere of the game is really eerie and perfect for the setting. I loved it.

And when ME 3 online was a thing, I played it a ton. It was actually very fun, though a bit limited.
Yeah, it was a fine game that people put way too much emphasis on the ending. I get that three choices is a bit lame, but people talked like the game should've considered every single choice they made throughout the franchise to give them a wholly unique personalized ending, which is a bit much to ask. No game does that. Even today.

Ultimately, I think it just bugged people that it was over. Like a great series you watch that didn't give you the perfect ending you wanted. The random online mode was, as you said, pretty damn fun for such a throwaway feature.

Yeah, it was a fine game that people put way too much emphasis on the ending. I get that three choices is a bit lame, but people talked like the game should've considered every single choice they made throughout the franchise to give them a wholly unique personalized ending, which is a bit much to ask. No game does that. Even today.

Ultimately, I think it just bugged people that it was over. Like a great series you watch that didn't give you the perfect ending you wanted. The random online mode was, as you said, pretty damn fun for such a throwaway feature.
Yeah, I think you nailed it.
Andromeda was solid too. I did really enjoy that one. Though it just didn’t have the gravity of the trilogy.

Back