• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any advice for a new Mass Effect player.

OIP.WU_40lyO9aHPlPGnKcE_twHaEK

Blue pussy is the best pussy.

Blue pussy is the best pussy.
I always take her with me for the Shadow Broker DLC

That last 3rd of ME1 was absolutely epic. But yeah adept is nerfed hard when they introduced the armor and shield bars. Basically makes adept only useful for clean up duty on weakened tough enemies and trash mobs.

Actually if you know some of the deeper combat mechanics like how to combo Biotic Explosions and Fire Explosions with primers and detonators biotics are still OP as fuck. Warp and Singularity are good AoE and barrier DoT skills and if you detonate a DoT armored mob then you can detonate them for huge armor damage. Works good against Atlas', Brutes, Banshees, Geth Primes, and Scions. The Fire Explosions are godly too and are more Soldier based combos set up with Frag Grenades and Incinerate for example.

I hated how there was no cerberus storypath in ME3

It would have been logical following certain choices in ME2

@Your Salad

How's ME2 for you?
All and all Im really into it.
The combat system is cool. I actually feel like I know how to utilize my quest companions in this game.
Story is good so far. I don't think it's really got going yet. I most recently went to the outpost where I run into Kaiden.
Iv picked up Garrus, Grunt, Zaaed, Jack, and Mordin. I also snatched a Geth at the Normandy crash site but I wasn't given any prompt to wake it up like I was with Grunt. Maybe I need to do something or go somewhere before the game will fit it in the plot.
Right now I think I should to do more side quests before progressing the plot any further but I'm kinda having trouble finding the locations on the galaxy map.

All and all Im really into it.
The combat system is cool. I actually feel like I know how to utilize my quest companions in this game.
Story is good so far. I don't think it's really got going yet. I most recently went to the outpost where I run into Kaiden.
Iv picked up Garrus, Grunt, Zaaed, Jack, and Mordin.

You're in the 2nd Act at this point if you've run into Kaiden.

Don't look up any guides, go through the game organically. It'll make your 1st playthrough the game special, and your 2nd playthrough even more intense.

I also snatched a Geth at the Normandy crash site but I wasn't given any prompt to wake it up like I was with Grunt.
You mean the Reaper IFF?
If you don't know what that is, then no.

I've only done the Normandy crash site once, and you just collect dog tags and look at flashbacks.

I'm kinda having trouble finding the locations on the galaxy map.

R.f8e0eec233b734058f5d40f8fb3b8045

Go to any Mass Relay, which there's one in every system, and the missions are highlighted.

4e791808e79e0b287fdf2187e5a6e051.jpg

You can also check your journal, which is on the Start Menu.

OIP.bvL-eeyVqeQeG3nwpywXcwHaEK

And if you have any questions, Tag me in this thread.

You mean the Reaper IFF?
If you don't know what that is, then no.

I've only done the Normandy crash site once, and you just collect dog tags and look at flashbacks.
I got all the tags and went to leave and a lone Geth leftover from the battle walked up and said something. Shepherd shot it and brought it back to the ship.

I got all the tags and went to leave and a lone Geth leftover from the battle walked up and said something. Shepherd shot it and brought it back to the ship.

Interesting.... that never happened when I played through it.

@Your Salad
I just fired up an old save from a recent playthough and did the Normandy Crash Site, got all 20 dogtags and the N7 Helmet.... and no geth.

And I looked up a wiki page, and there's no mention of Geth.

I don't mean to interrogate you, but I'm very intrigued by the possibility of seeing something new that I haven't seen in my 10+ playthroughs of the game.

You're sure there was a Geth at the end of the Normandy Crash Site?

@Your Salad
I just fired up an old save from a recent playthough and did the Normandy Crash Site, got all 20 dogtags and the N7 Helmet.... and no geth.

And I looked up a wiki page, and there's no mention of Geth.

I don't mean to interrogate you, but I'm very intrigued by the possibility of seeing something new that I haven't seen in my 10+ playthroughs of the game.

You're sure there was a Geth at the end of the Normandy Crash Site?
Figured it out, it's the Leigon.
Part of an early recruitment mod.
I guess I have to activate it or something? I'm probably going to wait to do it until i recruit Tali because I figure she will have something to say about it.

Figured it out, it's the Leigon.

OH that's completely different.
That's the 'Reaper IFF' mission I was talking about.
You're in the 3rd Act already.

Part of an early recruitment mod.

Oh scratch that 'Act 3' I just mentioned. That's completely unknown territory, but it was a big complaint that Legion joins your crew so late into the vanilla game.

I guess I have to activate it or something? I'm probably going to wait to do it until i recruit Tali because I figure she will have something to say about it.

Recruit Tali, and then the next thing to do is go to Liara and *Give Her The Info.*

It starts off the best mission of the game, a DLC that before Witcher 3's expansions were released was the gold standard of DLC. Gotta do that since you're romancing Liara.

OH that's completely different.
That's the 'Reaper IFF' mission I was talking about.
You're in the 3rd Act already.

Oh scratch that 'Act 3' I just mentioned. That's completely unknown territory, but it was a big complaint that Legion joins your crew so late into the vanilla game.

Recruit Tali, and then the next thing to do is go to Liara and *Give Her The Info.*

It starts off the best mission of the game, a DLC that before Witcher 3's expansions were released was the gold standard of DLC. Gotta do that since you're romancing Liara.
Then he can bang Miranda later

But the blue pussy will be mad at him.

He doesn't want mad blue pussy.
Remember when that blue pussy got the entire industry in trouble, because a bunch of old people who never played the game alleged that ME1 had hardcore sex scenes? I remember laughing so hard at what the "news" outlets were trying to portray, and it was always the blue sex scenes they used to back up their invisible point. I believe it wasn't too far off of the "Hot Coffee" scandal, and they just had to scrape and claw for that non-existent controversy.

Years later...

"The Witcher 3" has full frontal and sex scenes. Scumbag media that had moved on to selling racism: "Meh, who cares?".

Remember when that blue pussy got the entire industry in trouble, because a bunch of old people who never played the game alleged that ME1 had hardcore sex scenes? I remember laughing so hard at what the "news" outlets were trying to portray, and it was always the blue sex scenes they used to back up their invisible point. I believe it wasn't too far off of the "Hot Coffee" scandal, and they just had to scrape and claw for that non-existent controversy.

To be fair, it was just a mid-morning news show with a female targeted audience, and it was so dishonest that the online backfire to Fox News, which had many targets on it, was significantly louder than the segment itself.... it practically was free advertising.

What is really funny is that conservatives were pissed off about Mass Effect, when it was usually liberals pissed off about games... Hillary Clinton about the Hot Coffee mod, and Joe Libermann about... any videogame ever.

Years later...

"The Witcher 3" has full frontal and sex scenes. Scumbag media that had moved on to selling racism: "Meh, who cares?".
Nowandays the media would be pissed off Witcher3 didn't have gay sex scenes, can't play as a gay character, or trans character, it needs strong female characters who are stronger than Geralt, and the European Fantasy World needs more black people.

Daily reminder that cerberus did nothing wrong

Humanity must come first

Daily reminder that cerberus did nothing wrong

Humanity must come first

ME2 - Torturing kids to become biotics is totally a-ok.

<goldie>

ME3 - Being the most common enemy and always attempting to kill Shepard when he's trying to stop the Reapers from kulling everything.... including humanity.

<codychoke>

Years later...

lol when Geoff Keighly was the hero we needed but didn't deserve. The cringe lord himself owning some dumb feminist who didn't even play the game lmao..

Back