Any advice for a new Mass Effect player.

In the Legendary Edition ME1 had massive updates to bring the graphics & performance up to par with ME2&3.

But the gameplay isn't really enjoyable. Its fine, and not necessarily bad, but it's never been anyone favorite aspect of the original game.

There's a 'Prologue' for those who play ME2 without carrying over a save from ME1 of the events of ME1 and you can choose the major choices from throughout the game. Typically I just watch ME1 plot videos on YouTube rather than play the entirety of the game before diving into ME2 and its prologue... saves me dozens of hours so I can get to the best parts of the ME trilogy.

Just a suggestion after you play through ME1 once, but don't necessarily want to play through it again... but still want to play through ME2&3 again.

Blue pussy is the best pussy.

Worth saying three times.
Twice wouldn't give blue pussy justice.

tight_tight_tight_breaking_bad.gif

<goldie>

I've replayed the trilogy like 6 or 7 times and have never banged anyone but Liara. Very happy customer
Ditto. Until my recent missus, I would always say that Liara was my most successful/enduring relationship lol

I did bang Miranda in ME2, but my first ME1 run allowed me romance Liara despite choosing "why not both" with Ashely. Ashley wanted none of it, but Liara was still down. I feel she would have supported railing Miranda and joined in.

images

As others have said, the jump from 1 to 2 combat-wise is night and day. It feels much less clunky. Play how you like to play, if you like shooters, spec him for guns, like stealth, etc.... My last playthrough I spec as a sniper with full shields, and I found it to be really fun.

As someone who played the games when they first came out, and last year when they released the legendary version, they did a great job in Legendary sprucing up the graphics and adding the DLC content. I had just as much fun playing as when it first came out. ME3 felt like a new game, a massive improvement.

Take your time to explore all the areas, and make sure you complete all the progression with each character. Your choices can carry over to each game, so it makes them all feel connected and that your choices actually matter. I still think ME2 is one of the best games ever made. Wish they could make a TV series off the franchise, but also know they would likely fuck it up.

I can barely remember playing ME1, but it wasn't particularly complicated.

Only few things I can advise is...

- Take an Engineer with you to open locked doors.
- Combine biotic powers e.g lift + push
- Walk around a lot and check with teammates often. The world has a lot of lore and side quests going for it, so don't rush the main story.

I started with an Adept, then changed to an Infiltrator because I wanted a character that could open doors himself and was versatile with range.

No idea how good shotgun or assault rifle was. A fully upgraded pistol is straight murder, whilst you can park the mako far from a target and snipe from a distance.

Honestly? The combat in ME1 was basic but I thought that it was fine. Even the Mako was fine, but you had to get used to it.

Play as Vanguard--- this is exceedingly important once you start playing 2, but with ME1 it's good to have both decent weapons and Biotics.

Game is old and kinda clunky but I like it. I got the legendary edition a while back and I want to play through it.
I'm about 30 hours in and I feel like I don't really know how to play the game. I don't really understand how to use the powers in combat especially concerning my squad mates.
I installed a bunch of mods that seem to be the agreed upon as the best way to play the game.

Forget the grind and just play through ME1 as quick as possible for the story. ME2 and ME3 change pretty much everything what comes to inventory, skills etc. and have a lot of QoL improvements. ME2 honestly felt like a modern game after finishing ME1.

Forget the grind and just play through ME1 as quick as possible for the story. ME2 and ME3 change pretty much everything what comes to inventory, skills etc. and have a lot of QoL improvements. ME2 honestly felt like a modern game after finishing ME1.
I think Missed one artifact to complete all quests. Not worth the grind.
RPGs fuck me up, I try to do everything because of FOMO and end up not finishing the game because I get burned out.
@GearSolidMetal

Of all the discussion about ME1, the Kaiden/Ashley discussion is the most interesting.

Why did you choose Kaiden over Ashley?
Did you just like Kaiden more, or did you dislike Ashley?
Neither, I figured I am playing a soldier class, and I'm romancing the blue girl Liara Ashley was expendable.
I only used Kaiden on a couple missions.
I don't really know what he is good at.

Back