• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Antonio Plazibat vs Levi Rigters is set to headline GLORY 95 in Zagrab, Croatia on September 21

Who wins?

• Levi Rigters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hopefully his arm is completely healed by then; that was a nasty break against Cookie.
Also, Arena Zagreb is very big with a capacity of 22k. Looks like GLORY has a lot of trust in Antonio’s starpower, which he has! During my vacation in Split (near his hometown) last summer, literally everyone seemed to know and love Plazibat, and that was very cool to notice.
This event will take place in Zagreb though, which is 400km away from Split, so let’s see, but it’ll probably sellout regardless. Last year during GLORY Collision 5, the Rotterdam Ahoy (the Netherlands) was completely packed with Croatian fans.

I’m curious who will be Antonio Plazibat’s opponent for his comeback fight.

Plazibat been missing a bit, hasn't he? Exactly 1 year, after which the training started for 3 months.

Possibly attending if I'm home in september. Hope the card will be stacked with HWs.

Cookie rematch ?

Levi is a second best option

Imagine they announce Ricco vs Antonio for Glory Zagreb. Any chance ? Who is left for Ricco anyways. If he could fight Big Foot why not Toni.

I just noticed Antonio = Ante + Toni. Both common names in Croatia.
I don’t think that will happen, Plazibat definitely needs a win first.. but he was on a tear before his loss to Cookie so hopefully a single (although big) win is enough!

I definitely want to see that Rico vs Plazi fight before it’s all said and done. We were so close to getting it last year.. staredown and presser, everything was done.

How would that fight play out in your opinion?

I don’t think that will happen, Plazibat definitely needs a win first.. but he was on a tear before his loss to Cookie so hopefully a single (although big) win is enough!

I definitely want to see that Rico vs Plazi fight before it’s all said and done. We were so close to getting it last year.. staredown and presser, everything was done.

How would that fight play out in your opinion?
Maybe Cookie rematch. Cookie or Levi is good now.

How the fight plays out. Well I favor Rico. Interesting fight. 5 rounds is always very long. Rico has great cardio. If you knock Rico down he is not staying down. Favor Rico but def give Plazibat a good chance.

So it is Rigters confirmed
Actually tough match up
But I think good style clash for Antonio
If he wins this he should be next for Rico

Last edited:
Osaro or Rigters should be
So it is Rigters confirmed
Actually touch match up
But I think good style clash for Antonio
If he wins this he should be next for Rico
Official:

The winner will most likely be next in line to challenge Rico Verhoeven for the GLORY Heavyweight-championship of the world

Hopefully his arm is completely healed by then; that was a nasty break against Cookie.
Also, Arena Zagreb is very big with a capacity of 22k. Looks like GLORY has a lot of trust in Antonio’s starpower, which he has! During my vacation in Split (near his hometown) last summer, literally everyone seemed to know and love Plazibat, and that was very cool to notice.
This event will take place in Zagreb though, which is 400km away from Split, so let’s see, but it’ll probably sellout regardless. Last year during GLORY Collision 5, the Rotterdam Ahoy (the Netherlands) was completely packed with Croatian fans.

I’m curious who will be Antonio Plazibat’s opponent for his comeback fight.
@Number 8 @balkanbomber85 @World eater @Trabaho
Hey guys, do you think Plazi will be able to sell-out the Zagreb Arena on his own, or does GLORY need to stack this card a little more, either with local fighters or other big names?

I’m asking you because you’re Croatian/Balkan and therefore probably have a better idea of Antonio Plazibat’s starpower over there :)

Hey guys, do you think Plazi will be able to sell-out the Zagreb Arena on his own, or does GLORY need to stack this card a little more, either with local fighters or other big names?

I’m asking you because you’re Croatian/Balkan and therefore probably have a better idea of Antonio Plazibat’s starpower over there :)
Plazi is a good fighter, but the average Joe doesn’t know either him or Rigters. Hopefully they can sell big, but I have my doubts.
Also, tough match for Plazi.

Plazibat is doing his best to become popular but honestly without some more local fighters including some i triguing bad blood I doubt that they will sell out the arena!

I guess ill be there if Im not on some kind of vacation.

Are you coming?

That is a great Matchup actually, I thought they would give him an easy fight but if Plazibat wins he is right back in the title picture.

Have to agree with World eater, I think he'd not sellout the event even ih his own birth town, that card needs more star power to sell out, for sure

I don't know if they are gonna sell it out but it definitely isn't gonna flop. Zagreb and Croatia love fights. A lot of people from Split are gonna come. I think they should do a press conference. Darko Stosic and Fabian Miran did some promo and hpye and probably sold out Beograd arena in Serbia. If it doesn't sell out still a lot of people will come. But they should stack the card.

Plazibat is doing his best to become popular but honestly without some more local fighters including some i triguing bad blood I doubt that they will sell out the arena!

I guess ill be there if Im not on some kind of vacation.

Are you coming?
No, I probably won’t be there unfortunately. I’ll head to Sweden this August to pursue my Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management at Lund University. Since it’s my first month, I most certainly will stay there to participate in all kind of introduction activities. I guess 2024/2025 won’t be the year of attending a shit ton of live events for me :)

I’m glad GLORY returns to Croatia though!
In case you’re interested to attend the event, here’s a link to register for presale:

Plazi is a good fighter, but the average Joe doesn’t know either him or Rigters. Hopefully they can sell big, but I have my doubts.
Also, tough match for Plazi.
Have to agree with World eater, I think he'd not sellout the event even ih his own birth town, that card needs more star power to sell out, for sure
I don't know if they are gonna sell it out but it definitely isn't gonna flop. Zagreb and Croatia love fights. A lot of people from Split are gonna come. I think they should do a press conference. Darko Stosic and Fabian Miran did some promo and hpye and probably sold out Beograd arena in Serbia. If it doesn't sell out still a lot of people will come. But they should stack the card.
They did sell out Rotterdam Ahoy for Collision 5 (Plazibat vs Cookie) last year, and that’s quite the venue.
I think 50% of the people in attendance were Croatian, although their national football team played in the Netherlands days before, so that may have played a role.
We’ll see, let’s hope the event does some numbers :)

Clearly trying to build the back story up before getting to Plazi vs Rico ..

Should be a great scrap imo....Rigters with no legs also took out Rico
Jup.
Hopefully we’ll get to see that fight in the near future :cool:

No, I probably won’t be there unfortunately. I’ll head to Sweden this August to pursue my Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management at Lund University. Since it’s my first month, I most certainly will stay there to participate in all kind of introduction activities. I guess 2024/2025 won’t be the year of attending a shit ton of live events for me :)

I’m glad GLORY returns to Croatia though!
In case you’re interested to attend the event, here’s a link to register for presale:

They did sell out Rotterdam Ahoy for Collision 5 (Plazibat vs Cookie) last year, and that’s quite the venue.
I think 50% of the people in attendance were Croatian, although their national football team played in the Netherlands days before, so that may have played a role.
We’ll see, let’s hope the event does some numbers :)

Jup.
Hopefully we’ll get to see that fight in the near future :cool:

Just realized this card takes place on my bday..

Well happy birthday to me then!!!

Back