Antonina Shevy Won POTN Over Deiveson....

What in the actual fuck?! That is straight-up disgusting. I have a strong suspicion this is some bullshit Politically Correct agenda shit to make male and female pay equal.

There is no way in fucking hell Antonina outperformed Figeueiredo tonight. Dana trying to get his willy wet or what here, guys?
Aww are you upset because Daddy Fig was going to take you to dinner and a romantic hotel sex marathon with all that bonus money? Now you’ll just have to let him stuff you in the back seat of a Buick behind the 7/11.

I really like Antonina but not sure about that one. Maybe cause she dominated where she had previously been dominated and weak before? Well theres woke stuff but I don't think Uncle Dana would bend for that.

Didn’t catch the prelims but here’s some reasons off the top of my head

Well Figueiredo is champion and gets paid more so bosses may have want to give the prize money to the fighter lower on the ladder
They have given those bonuses to high profile fighters, Fig while the champ isnt there yet, his purse is probably below 500k, thats not the reason as they have given guys with huge purses the POTN bonus, like Adesanya and Khabib iirc.

Yeah that does sound a little suspect. Lipski is a complete can.

It was a complete transformation from Antonina.

We know why Figgy can do.

Before the fights started there was less chance of what happened in the Antonina fight, hence I think it's fair, although it of course it's subjective.

I really like Antonina but not sure about that one. Maybe cause she dominated where she had previously been dominated and weak before? Well theres woke stuff but I don't think Uncle Dana would bend for that.

"You know where zee bonus goes or you die"

tumblr_ptcqt34NlY1upvjnmo1_540.jpg

What in the actual fuck?! That is straight-up disgusting. I have a strong suspicion this is some bullshit Politically Correct agenda shit to make male and female pay equal.

There is no way in fucking hell Antonina outperformed Figeueiredo tonight. Dana trying to get his willy wet or what here, guys?
Valentina demanded POTN bonus for her in post fight interview. UFC just appeasing Valentina.

Oh but he does. UFC is very strategic in how they hand these bonuses out and performance is far from the only factor.

Their marquee fighters that they try to promote and market really hard will almost always get one with a good performance (Israel, Conor, even Bisping would get FOTN's for boring fights).

And the female angle is definitely one of those things. In a fight night back in June Kay Hansen got a POTN bonus for a sloppy, rather unimpressive performance where she got a submission in the 3rd round. There were two male finishes/performances that were head-and-shoulders above that performance.

But Kay is young, kinda cute, and they can market that to a certain audience and racking up these performance bonuses helps to do that. Same with Antonina; who also has the marketing/notoriety advantage of being sisters with the champion.

So while the UFC does it for their own benefit as well (not exclusively to appease to the feminist mainstream), it just sucks that it comes at the expense of more deserving fighters. When it's supposedly a performance-based bonus.

Palatnikov was the underdog coming in at 2 weeks notice. He finished Cosce brutally after being almost finished himself in Round 1. Both guys took heavy fights throughout the fight, and the momentum went back and forth. Eventually, Palatnikov caught Cosce with a a cross, dropped him before finishing him off with several uncontested shots to the head. Great performance by both fighters.

Buckley kept his streak hot with another sensational KO. Outclassed his opponent and took almost no damage.

Tim Means almost got choked out by Mike Perry in the first round, but he showed heart and fought off the sub. Went on to piece Perry up with crisp jabs and elbows for the next two fast paced rounds and snatched a decisive decision despite the younger Perry being the favourite + had the advantage of missing weight.

Valentina defended her title by beating a BJJ black belt at her own game. Dominated 4 out of 5 rounds against a dangerous opponent. Maia also did well by winning a round against a +2000 favourite champ. Took some heavy hits like a champ.

I just don't see how Antonina deserves POTN by any reasonable metric. Her fight was slow and plodding, and she didn't exactly show off any more skills, fight IQ, chin or heart compared to the other fighters on the card. You can't even go by the other arbitrary reasons mentioned on this thread like giving lower card fighters a chance , fueling a pro-feminist angle etc. because there are both low card fighters and female fighters who did better than Antonina tonight.

Not that I particularly care who wins these awards. But if you go by logic, this is complete BS.

Now that I've sobered up. The "progressive" angle isn't the only reason, Antonina also has the advantage of being sisters with the champ. Giving her a POTN bonus on her resume is a way they can hype both of them in the future (Val already has plenty of notoriety).

Antonina came out and out dominated a grappler in a mainly grappling based affair which we haven't seen from her before. Fig snatched an early guillotine after some trading. I'm fine with her getting it

Antonina came out and out dominated a grappler in a mainly grappling based affair which we haven't seen from her before. Fig snatched an early guillotine after some trading. I'm fine with her getting it

She also got lit up on the feet for the brief times it was there. And her finish was weak as fuck.

Edit: and I think it's erroneous to call Lipski a "grappler". She's called the Queen of Violence because she liked striking chicks into living deaths before the UFC, not because she's such a savvy grappler.

He got 690k and another fight signed. He’ll be fine

Valid point, for sure. I was just dumbfounded (and drunk last night), there is a huge gap between those two performances. Also a huge gap in their pay, but that doesn't (and isn't supposed to) matter to the UFC usually.

She also got lit up on the feet for the brief times it was there. And her finish was weak as fuck.

Edit: and I think it's erroneous to call Lipski a "grappler". She's called the Queen of Violence because she liked striking chicks into living deaths before the UFC, not because she's such a savvy grappler.

Lipski does not seem to think it was weak as fuck:

It should have given one to him too. Less is not more. More is more.

Back