Antonina Shevy Won POTN Over Deiveson....

MMAcolyte

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What in the actual fuck?! That is straight-up disgusting. I have a strong suspicion this is some bullshit Politically Correct agenda shit to make male and female pay equal.

There is no way in fucking hell Antonina outperformed Figeueiredo tonight. Dana trying to get his willy wet or what here, guys?

UPDATE: The champ agrees with me

Last edited:
That’s crazy.

LOL this move has ESPN written all over it... probably trying to check off “Muh feminism” boxes.

There’s no way a low level amateur bout like that was on par with Fig hitting a sit out guillotine mid scramble in a TITLE fight.

Overreacting much?

Yes. Yes I am. But I'm not in an academic mood after watching hours of violence and drinking many beers lol.

In a more level-headed tone. Whose performance did you find more impressive? Do you have an idea as to why Deiveson's would get passed up in favour of Antonina's? I find it logically perplexing, and the only reasons I can think of are political. It really seems to fit with the times, you know?

Cuase who the fuck is Perez? And didnt D.Fig get a vacant belt by default ?

Dude. Perez has the shortest average fight time in Flyweight history. In his previous fight he finished the ONLY man to defeat Deiveson. He's legit. Lipski is an absolute can. Not even a comparison. And Shev was getting lit up for the brief moments it was on the feet, and her finish was weak as fuck. Mind-boggling.

To be fair, i never even heard of Perez. So he looked like even more of a can. I think POTN got it right.
#4 ranked Flyweight in the world. A big leap from Lipski who doesn't even have a UFC win over someone with a Wikipedia page

Yeah that's bad, as was giving the 1st fight FOTN over Jouban/Gooden.

Did you see the first fight start-to-finish? I thought round 1 was a Round of The Year contender. I knew FOTN would be one of those two, and I would have been fine with either. Don't think it's nearly as preposterous, but that's just me.

Cuase who the fuck is Perez? And didnt D.Fig get a vacant belt by default ?
Man it doesnt matter one bit who Perez is. Figs was on some next level shit in that fight.

Did you see the first fight start-to-finish? I thought round 1 was a Round of The Year contender. I knew FOTN would be one of those two, and I would have been fine with either. Don't think it's nearly as preposterous, but that's just me.
Great 1st round for sure but the last 2 rounds were sloppy displays of very low level mma with multiple stops due to fence grabbing & ball-shots. It was ugly as hell.

Yes. Yes I am. But I'm not in an academic mood after watching hours of violence and drinking many beers lol.

In a more level-headed tone. Whose performance did you find more impressive? Do you have an idea as to why Deiveson's would get passed up in favour of Antonina's?

I find it logically perplexing, and the only reasons I can think of are political. It really seems to fit with the times, you know?

Didn’t catch the prelims but here’s some reasons off the top of my head

Well Figueiredo is champion and gets paid more so bosses may have want to give the prize money to the fighter lower on the ladder

Antonia lives in Vegas near UFC headquarters and trains at the PI so she likely has closer relationship with the UFC staff. So they are likely bias toward her

Sean and Mick could generally impressed at how much Antonia has been working on improving her ground game especially since she got dominated on the ground

Maybe they expected Figgy to dominate thus weren’t impressed. While on the other hand the brass were shocked at how well Antonia beat her opponent on the ground given her performance in her last fight

There are tons of reasons really. I think instantly jumping “ it’s because she is a woman” seems pretty paranoid.

Last edited:
Great 1st round for sure but the last 2 rounds were sloppy displays of very low level mma with multiple stops due to fence grabbing & ball-shots. It was ugly as hell.

I don't disagree. Just don't think it's nearly as bad as giving the shitty Shevy the bonus over Figgy

Back