• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Was this mentioned at all ITT?

Did Francis lose reach or was 84 inches just throwing out a number and boxing officially measured him?
Francis never had an 84in reach lol
Bones doesn't have an 84.5" reach either, but they wanted to be able to market him as the youngest champion with the longest reach in current UFC/2nd longest in history (behind Semmy), so they gave him a half inch over Stefan Struve.

That's my theory anyway...

fraud ngannou got exposed end of story

Hope this ends the mma fighters trying to get into professional boxing.
LOL

why would this end that????

Explain.

Jake Paul has no shortage of opponents.

As long as the pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow, wherever and whatever sport it is, people will try to go for it. Francis simply stands out because he was a world champion who relibquished his belt to go for the money

Anyone could be lured away by that kind of money.

Francis never had an 84in reach lol
Bones doesn't have an 84.5" reach either, but they wanted to be able to market him as the youngest champion with the longest reach in current UFC/2nd longest in history (behind Semmy), so they gave him a half inch over Stefan Struve.

That's my theory anyway...
I should post things as factual and then end it by saying in theory too, thats a pretty good trick

Far more then he would have gotten from MMA.
Looks that way now. He could have made similar money in the same amount of time fighting Gane, Jones and then Pavlovich or Aspinall if he won all 3 and stayed champ, but kinda looks like he probably wouldn't have. His grappling was only slightly better than Gane's, which we now know is horrifying bad, so Jones could have taken his time on the feet and then gotten a TD and then done what he wanted with him on the ground, and Aspinall might be too quick for him too and could also sub him.

I should post things as factual and then end it by saying in theory too, thats a pretty good trick
It works better than what I used to go with, as the prophecy foretold.

Reactions: HHJ
I meant a staring contest, against Renan, he knows the fight can actually happen after this.
It's quite possible. Francis has never lost like this before. If he isn't able to recover mentally he very well may lose another boring staring contest.

Well at least he got paid

Yeah, big fan of Francis actually, but I can’t really feel bad for him getting embarrassed like that simply because the dude got paid. He lost badly, but he won at the end of the day. He got to stick to his guns throughout all of this and got paid well doing so. (Unlike many others who go down with their pride when fighting back)

.. He just had to get brutally KO’d in the process. Hey, can’t win everywhere I suppose lol.

Was this mentioned at all ITT?

Did Francis lose reach or was 84 inches just throwing out a number and boxing officially measured him?

UFC has had some wonky measurements in the past. This one (94 inch reach) wouldn’t be an easy one to question based on the stature of Francis.
I was shocked to see that Francis had the shorter reach, but pleasantly surprised as it made me more confident in my double bets on AJ.

Thought he'd have to win with technique and good power, then they told me he had the reach too. $$$.

Switching to southpaw was the biggest mistake. The first knockdown happened as soon as he switched to southpaw. His corner should've made the adjustment.

This was a big reality check for him, his team, and us all.

Back