• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

One of the biggest demeanor/confidence shifts I've seen in awhile, went from big confident scary man to timid child insanely quick.
I mean the same happened in the first Stipe fight. He admitted to being traumataized after that for a good year or two. But I guess he was able to recover and learn because he at least didn't get knocked out. This time I don't think he can. Being the nail is just not in his nature.

Had a gut feeling Ngannou was going down. 10 rounds of tape for AJ's camp to study. No element of surprise.

Still shocking to see Ngannou get sparked like that

Just shows that there's no such thing as an unbreakable chin. Anyone can get slept.
I said to no one in particular before the match that Ngannou can't be hurt.

Francis made a shit ton of cash but to see him flatlined like that was crazy.
It was obvious it was coming after the second knockdown. Why the ref let it restart was insane. Francis had no idea where he was after that and didn't even have his hands up properly. His right hand was behind his chin and he was just open to get crushed right down the middle.

Damn got fucked up.. if fury took it serious that would of happened the first time also

bullshit. of course that is going to be the narrative in retrospect but it is bullshit nonetheless

It's not gone, there's just levels to boxing.

chins do not just recover from that. and either way part of Ngannou's hype was that we have never seen him knocked out or even seriously hurt; now that it is obvious to the fans that he is human, he will lose many of those fans.

I think he should take his money and retire. after a knockout like that it only gets worse if he continues fighting

Not to take anything away from AJ, I bet on him by KO even if I thought it might be 6 onwards.

But I think a good portion of Francis' chin is simply how well trained he is. People forget that he fucked off ahead of Stipe 1 and got the absolute shit kicked out of him. That was the real worse we've ever seen him take shots before this.

Leading up to this fight he had the exact same "I'm God" attitude, and gassed after only a single round. The rest was history, even if that was a nuclear bomb of a final shot.
It's not like his chin failed him against stipe though. He just got schooled and gassed out

Back